• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:23:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

EsperBlades Job Thread (SpellBlade Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 24, 2008, 01:06:55 am

MiKeMiTchi

August 09, 2009, 12:57:20 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quotewhy was this class skills re-balanced to be more powerful but with a charge time?

IMO their skills should drop down in power greatly and become instant

also, 100% of their skills should use the sword strike animation

I think some of them are (in the ppf you sent me) working like normal spell anims

Somehow, I agree with you Sir Voldemort.
I guess having more versatility is better.

Also, this will make them more fun to play with, imo. :)

-
The good thing about having charge time, is that it'll
indeed gain more power, and better strategies.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Archael

August 09, 2009, 12:59:06 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
well, the original idea for them was for them to be magic sword skillers (battle mages?)

swing sword, magic comes out

LastingDawn

August 09, 2009, 07:01:56 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yes, it was when the data was reset a long time ago, and I had to basically start from scratch (I didn't want to say this to anyone because it would no doubt cause anxiety at the time) so that's just one part I missed during my testing periods, it will be fixed in the Training Demo, no need to fret. Though it is unfortunate that version is the one shown on video, eh well. Everything can't turn out perfect, hehe.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

August 09, 2009, 07:02:53 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I see

want me to re-send the stats of the Arbalist's original skills? I still have those around on video

LastingDawn

August 09, 2009, 07:20:02 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, if you could that would be great.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Resurrection!

This is a very special one at that.

Philsov came up with the idea yesterday to tie 4 Summons each to every separate SpellBlade, this seems impossible at first (Leviathan is crucial to storyline, so he's no longer a common summon. Odin and Lich are in Traveler's set) but! I think with a very special spriter that is a possibility. So if you'd like think up Any monster (or minor character) from an FF game, supply a workable sprite or picture (from their game preferable)  and we will see what can be done with that! From there we will arrange the SpellBlades to each "summon class" of "Esper" given.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Oh, Mist Dragon... I like that! The other two will definitely work (especially if we somehow make tiers based on the EsperBlade's parts.

Art of War

Kagebunji

Diablos, Atomos, and if you think it is fine, then Quetzalcoatl/Ixion. Was Alexander in FFT? I cannot say for sure if he wasn't.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Diablos, Atomos, and if you think it is fine, then Quetzalcoatl/Ixion. Was Alexander in FFT? I cannot say for sure if he wasn't.

Diablos is cool, Atomos is classic, Ixion/Quetzacoatl though... I'm not very fond of. Any creature that takes the spotlight from (my personal favorite summon in FF *Not counting Exodus*) Ramuh, is not welcome, hehe.Now, what did you have in mind for Diablos? As a base to work off of to be put into the game? The only trouble with him is that he's from a 3D game, maybe he has some official art I'm not aware of?

Art of War

Kagebunji

Since you plan on giving EsperBlades swords in order to summon, I thought of doing a weapon like Warp Blade(or some other name), it would include Diablos, Atomos, and some other gravity-related Summon. Diablos could take 3/4 of HP with average % chance, while Atomos...Hmm I need to remind myself how Atomos in FF9 worked. Anyway, how many summons you want a single sword to have, three, two, or more?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Since you plan on giving EsperBlades swords in order to summon, I thought of doing a weapon like Warp Blade(or some other name), it would include Diablos, Atomos, and some other gravity-related Summon. Diablos could take 3/4 of HP with average % chance, while Atomos...Hmm I need to remind myself how Atomos in FF9 worked. Anyway, how many summons you want a single sword to have, three, two, or more?

Every sword is currently meant to have 4 Summons. I like the idea of a theme to four of the elements, Gravity is a possibility on that front... Though perhaps... since there will be 16 Summons that While it may have a rank, each blade will possess Four Elements of eight. This would mean that each element would have two representatives, that being Atomos and Diablos is fitting for the Gravity Element, one will likely be a little weaker than the other, if things are done that way. Wow I'm bad at explaining things... ahem... to better illustrate this...

Elemental's Blade

Ifrit - Berserks Foes - Summer Savagery
Shiva - Dispels Buffs - Winter's Winnow
Ramuh - Scepter' Bolt (Single range, major Lightning Damage)
Maduin - Very High MP Cost, but it does deal good Lightning/Ice/Fire damage over an ordinary Summon Range. - Tri - Elemental

Just for an example of what I mean, each one represents an element (though clearly that doesn't always mean damage) and preferably I don't want a mix of the three (as I did for example: Maduin) Though for one blade or so, it could work.

Art of War

ffta707

Those spell blades look great. Also, I agree with kage, I think it would add a lot of variety, and make the job more interesting.

LastingDawn

Philsov has given his ideas as it stands, ideally I would like new summons, but I won't wait for it if need be. In any case. what do you all think of this SpellBlade arrangement?

Art of War

ffta707

It looks good to me. I don't have any crits at all.

philsov

ok, he's a question:

There are 5 base knight swords/esperblades.  We're actively using 4 because splitting a 16-ability skillset 5 ways is a horrible idea.  What to do with the fifth?  We can make it a Masterblade (enables all 16), Dual Blade (Elemental + Nonelemental, or something), Hybrid (One from each of them), or just have an awesome WP/stats but enables no summoning?

Also about new summons: They're quite doable.  We just need graphical effect changes put into place, and those need to happen in order to do the rest.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

The fifth blade was always meant to be special, it's the "Magi-Sword" treasure from FFT. I still have yet to give it any special effect. And in the case of curiosity the new name for the spell blades are...

Nostrum Brand - Healing
Crystal Sword - Elemental
Omen Edge - Status
God-Blade Anastasia

Sorry, Very pressed for time.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

Are the EsperBlades now melee-casters? I would have love that!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

Melee Casters? No, not really. Their swords have always had rather low WP, and their PA was never too impressive. They can equip heavy armor though.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

Hm.... Make the Magi-Sword the one powerful spellblade that doesn't cast, that uses a MA formula.