• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 08:30:48 am

Editing ''Attack''

Started by Rfh, January 10, 2012, 11:58:55 am

Rfh

I want the attack command is not affected by blade grasp, but blade grasp continues to have effect on normal abilities.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

RavenOfRazgriz

If you unflag "Blade Grasp" on the top ability in FFTPatcher, this should work.  The only issue is that Attack will no longer trigger several other things as well - Counter, Dragon Spirit, and I believe one or two others.  This is why I always refer to that flag as the "Countergrasp" flag and not the "Blade Grasp" flag when speaking of it.

Rfh

January 11, 2012, 09:53:32 am #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:28:10 am by Rfh
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 10, 2012, 12:40:09 pm
If you unflag "Blade Grasp" on the top ability in FFTPatcher, this should work.  The only issue is that Attack will no longer trigger several other things as well - Counter, Dragon Spirit, and I believe one or two others.  This is why I always refer to that flag as the "Countergrasp" flag and not the "Blade Grasp" flag when speaking of it.

Pff, In that case... I just wanted to avoid the formulas Dmg_ (TarCurHP-1) Hit_F (MA + x)% NS and Dmg_ (TarCurMP) NS not cause excessive damage to the bosses. To do this, I thought that checking flag in skills with these formulas, and putting blade grasp in bosses. Any idea to do this? Elements does not work in these formulas.

formerdeathcorps

Tell me if I'm reading this right, but if the problems lie in the formulas:

Dmg_ (TarCurHP-1) Hit_F (MA + x)% NS
and
Dmg_ (TarCurMP) NS

and the skills that use them, then why are you asking about fixing the weapon attack?  If a non-weapon skill uses the above formulas, you can definitely flag blade grasp on it.  Just because it doesn't take elements doesn't mean it won't take blade grasp.

Of course, if you gave certain weapons the above formulas, then there's really nothing you can do that won't affect all weapons outside of ASM.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Rfh

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 12, 2012, 10:11:40 am
Tell me if I'm reading this right, but if the problems lie in the formulas:

Dmg_ (TarCurHP-1) Hit_F (MA + x)% NS
and
Dmg_ (TarCurMP) NS

and the skills that use them, then why are you asking about fixing the weapon attack?  If a non-weapon skill uses the above formulas, you can definitely flag blade grasp on it.  Just because it doesn't take elements doesn't mean it won't take blade grasp.

Of course, if you gave certain weapons the above formulas, then there's really nothing you can do that won't affect all weapons outside of ASM.

Mmm, I don't think I explained well, and you not understood me well. I just want the skills with these formulas don't affect on the bosses. I thought putting the dark element in these formulas and on the bosses ''absorb dark'' would work, but didn't work. My other idea was check Blade grasp flag in skills with these formulas, and putting blade grasp in bosses. But I didn't want the bosses evade any attack weapon. And so I asked here how to remove blade grasp of weapon attacks. But I found that if I uncheck  Blade grasp also removes others like Counter or Dragon Spirit. My question is: How can I to do that the bosses evade abilities with these formulas? or Is there any way Blade grasp is not activated with a weapon attack and the others reaction abilities to work?
-Sorry, I'm Spanish-

Glain

Rfh, try this patch... it should make those formulas subject to elemental cancel (but only cancel). It'll also affect formula [3e], which is labelled Dmg_(TarMaxHP-1) NS, though I believe that's a mistake and it's actually TarCurHP-1, because it uses the same routine as [17].

<Patch name="Formulas [17], [3e], and [44] can be elementally canceled">
   <Description>
     Formulas [17], [3e], and [44] can be elementally canceled
   </Description>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11fe54">
     1980023C
     982D428C
     1980033C
     902D638C
     2C004494
     250062A0
     FE1B0608
     040064A4
   </Location>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11f6ec">
     1980033C
     982D638C
     FFFF4224
     2A284000
     1980033C
     902D638C
     040062A4
     FE1B0608
     250064A0
   </Location>
 </Patch>
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Rfh

Thank you very much, your patch works very good!