• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:49:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Classic Mega Man fans - Read This

Started by Celdia, March 18, 2012, 10:56:14 am

Celdia

Or rather, play this: http://king-soukutu.xsrv.jp/flash/rokko.html

I played this for a solid hour, took out half the Robot Masters and the whole time felt like I was playing a classic Mega Man title. The graphics are spot-on for the style. The stage designs are good, starting simple and ramping up quickly as you learn the lay of the land. The bosses are a solid challenge and nicely varied. The action gets very fast-paced and the music just screams classic Mega Man. These tunes are definitely going to be stuck in my head later and that's no bad thing. My only concern with the game itself is the controls. Don't mistake my meaning here: your character responds beautifully though her slightly higher jump takes a little getting used to...but I found this to be almost completely unplayable while using. Yes, you can remap them to other keys on the keyboard - which is great - but I still recommend grabbing something to let you map keyboard inputs to your gamepad [Google JoyToKey if you don't have a utility for this] to help this little gem shine.

Here's a little teaser image of the post-win graphics for when you get a new weapon.

Too cute!

Oh and a couple other observations that are notable; you have a suicide button for some reason, so avoid hitting Esc if using the default controls...and lastly, you can't re-enter a stage you've completed like some of the other games, so if you see something you want make sure you get it before finishing that stage! Good luck. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0