• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:16:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Please help with patching!

Started by Lionheart, July 25, 2010, 06:42:37 pm

Lionheart

Hello Everyone, for some reason I can't seem to get help on how to patch the Mercenaries patch by LD. I tried looking on here or youtube videos but no luck. Ok from what I got they say to extend the ISO with ShishiSpriteEditor which I did, but what do you after? i tried patching the extended ISO with Mercenaries Patch.ppf using PPF-O-Matic30, but when it try playing the game it just crashes. Obviously these steps are wrong or am doing something not right, please help I can't seem to understand. thanks all  :)

ffta707

Lionheart

Hey ffta707, am using Psx 1.13. I tried to epsxe 1.6 and 1.7, but for some reason I can never get good graphics like the console version so Psx is the closes emulator to the console. thanks

Edit: sorry for getting back later, I thought I didn't have much luck getting the patch to work.

scatttman

mmm maybe u didnt waith till ppf-o-matic complete the progres

ffta707

First, does it run good on an ISO that is not patched. If not, then it may be your PC's CPU choking out. I could not get Call of power or mercenaries to work on PSX 1.13. I have tried, but have not succeeded so it may also help to have epsxe around. Although I have not tried on PSX 1.13, only on older versions. What are your PC's specs. If you have a Pentium 4, you may be in trouble. Unless the regular tactics worked.

Lionheart

@ffta707: My comp specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
3.02 GHz, 2.00 GB of Ram
I can run the game perfectly with not eating more then 10% cpu or so

@scattman: what you mean wait for ppf-o-matic to complete? I waited and it finished, idk what am doing wrong.

Edit: If you guys can tell you're steps on how, I would appreciate the help. thanks

ffta707

Oh, you have an amd duel core... Nice. I think it might be a bug with psx.