• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:15:23 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Anyone up for a mono tournament?

Started by Barren, December 01, 2012, 07:19:22 pm

Should we have a mono tournament?

Yes
15 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Wait until next version release
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 31, 2012, 07:20:20 pm

The Damned

(Taichii, you can only have two copies of an ability, item or RSM throughout your entire team. So you can't have four units with Shadow Shade.)

Otherwise, your team looks fine legitimacy-wise.

I'm not sure why you addressed me in particular though, since I have Time Mages, not Scholars. Unless you're just saying "hey". Then, uh, "hey".

That or guessed what I'm doing. In which case, get out of my head please.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

It was confusing, I hear ya. But things just got swirly so we had to give players a little more freedom which thankfully was done sooner rather than later and screwing everyone else over.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Dokurider

December 10, 2012, 02:57:20 am #63 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:47:46 am by Dokurider
Final Update for my thief team
Player: Dokurider
Team: Dorter's Most Wanted
Palettes: Green/Black
Last Revision: 2012-12-09

================================

Predator
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Punch Art
HP Restore
Martial Arts

Lionheart

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Steal Accessry, Magic Ruin
Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

Blasphemer
Female
Serpentarius
Thief
Talk Skill
Awareness
Equip Shield
Move-HP Up
Main Gauche
Aegis Shield
Black Hood
Brigandine
Leather Mantle

Bad Luck, Steal Heart
Blackmail, Refute, Insult, Mimic Daravon

Avarice
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Move-HP Up
P Bag

Black Hood
Brigandine
Sprint Shoes

Quickening, Steal Heart
X-Potion, Antidote, Echo Grass, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Terror Blade
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Punch Art
Projectile Guard
Two Hands
Move +1
Katar

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Steal Accessry, Speed Ruin
Stigma Magic, Chakra

Reks

My team won't be posted here until the eve of the deadline. It's.... Well, at the moment finished but I don't wanna make more posts than I have to, nor do I want to change the same one over and over.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

formerdeathcorps

Two questions:
1) Do you all want the map patch for Besrodio's House as Wiz made for S6?
2) Do you all want a mechanics patch for some things that contradict intended changes (like ninjitsu taking P-EV), or should we wait until after the tournament?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

AeroGP

Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Reks on December 10, 2012, 04:09:27 am
My team won't be posted here until the eve of the deadline. It's.... Well, at the moment finished but I don't wanna make more posts than I have to, nor do I want to change the same one over and over.

It's called the Private Message system, Reks.  :v

Also, Yes/No like Aero said.  That map patch should be part of the main Arena ISO really, and even though they're bugs we shouldn't suddenly change how mechanics are working if it's not a proper release or bugfix since it can affect how people build their teams depending exactly what changes.

Taichii

December 10, 2012, 04:19:17 pm #68 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:25:33 pm by Taichii
Quote from: Reks on December 10, 2012, 04:09:27 am

MINE TOO XD
i got it done as well.. :)

"Desperation"

Reks

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on December 10, 2012, 03:27:59 pm
It's called the Private Message system, Reks.  :v

Already what I'm doing, Master Raven.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

(Speaking of PMs, I see I have some. Hunh.)

First though, let us speak of maps: What, if anything, are we doing about that TIGER map? Changing it? Or leaving it as it is?

I ask less because of my opinion on it and more because almost no one directly said anything about it. So....

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on December 10, 2012, 07:27:00 am
Two questions:
1) Do you all want the map patch for Besrodio's House as Wiz made for S6?
2) Do you all want a mechanics patch for some things that contradict intended changes (like ninjitsu taking P-EV), or should we wait until after the tournament?

1) You mean the one without the orrery in the middle? Yes, that seems for the best.

2) No. It's best to wait until after the tournament considering FFMaster has enough work and confusion as it is without being further confused by something, how well the intentions. This applies even for the things that like Shieldrender, Repel Knife & Bowgun that are literally broken in the sense of not doing what they're supposed to as per their descriptions.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

CT5Holy

Eh? There's something wrong with Repel Knife?
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Quote from: CT5Holy on December 10, 2012, 08:11:49 pm
Eh? There's something wrong with Repel Knife?

Are you talking about the proc?
You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

Well apparently, Repel Knife's proc is supposed to fail if Don't Act is blocked, but it's not failing.

The Damned

December 10, 2012, 09:27:39 pm #74 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:22:25 pm by The Damned
(Repel Knife's proc actually works unlike Shieldrender & Bow Gun, it's just that....)

The proc seems to be acting separately entirely. Haste is happening without Don't Act and vice versa since I'm pretty sure, when I fought him, none of Dokurider's "Gun Neutralizer" team--now "Bulletproof"--blocked Don't Act. And yet Dusk managed to Haste a unit without the Don't Act, so....

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure that Don't Act & Haste, if it were acting appropriately, would not be blocked entirely if just Don't Act is blocked (or if just Haste is, in the case of Phoenix Blade).

*shrug*

You can still use it since if you want, since Repel Knife will Don't Act people, it's just...way more inconsistent about it than it's (currently) advertised to be.

Otabo

QuoteYou can still use it since you want, since Repel Knife will Don't Act people, it's just...way more inconsistent about it than it's advertised to be.

Pretty much the only reason why I stopped using it. Always knew there was something up with Repel Knife, just couldn't figure out what exactly.

reinoe

12/1/2012=I called Oracle.  Then TheDamned helpfully reminds me that I said I'd make a Samurai team.  Oh well.  I'll let them wait.

12/3/2012= I'm procrastinating on schoolwork while editing my teams.  Suddenly I have a moment of inspiration for a TimeMage team.  I consider switching but I maintain firm, after all, it's about spite now!  Raspberries T.D.  But now I'm getting started on "Unit 3" and in doing so I face a conundrum.  Oracle Magic is about support magic and is only tangentially related to offensive capability.  How do I showcase the "essence" of a job skill that focuses primarily on being backup?

12/4/2012= "Unit 3", my first unit, is complete.  I'm still having a great deal of difficulty showing the "true essence" of the Oracle job skill though.  For example do I utilize the questionable "Zombie"?  What about Petrify?  Some of the constraints of this class is that it's actually quite MP intensive for the effects that you get.  Would you normally use a 20 mp Charm?  Hell no, especially since it will only hit around 55% which is similar to charm.  The thing is, I've tried using Beguile and the A.I. places a low priority on it.  Secondly, as a spellcasting class Oracles need to have high faith.  Of course I could manipulate my Zodiacs...

12/7/2012=Units one and two are partially complete.  The boon of Oracle is that they have some of the most in demand R/S/M abilities in FFTARENA.  I'm a bit more confident in the direction I'm going.

12/8/2012=I've decided that I will be giving all four of my units different secondaries, and in a bit of treason I strongly considered giving one of my units Talk Skill just to save MP.  But in retrospect I'm glad I don't have the wizard or priest class.  They have no useful 1CT spells. 

12/9/2012=Finishing touches on my Oracles.  I'm not using every spell in the Oracle's arsenal, particularly Zombie.  But I'm done.  I did it.  Actually in a moment of realization I realized that there's going to be a lot of opportunity for Zombie.  There's a 50% chance I'm going to face a spellcasting class and they'll be using Raise or Raise 2.  Autopotion and murasame is also going to be popular.  Time to give Zombie another look before I submit.  I must consider the meta-game. Also I've figured out a name for my team: Four Famous Oracles.  Ok on second thought I have no idea how the A.I. will prioritize Zombie so Blind Rage instead.  And I'm done for now.  I'll be posting the team whenever.

12/15/2012=The team was mostly complete.  Removed "Moogle" from the summon oracle.  Since doing zodiac signs/compatibility is my least favorite part of team building I gave everyone random zodiac signs.

Pallet #6 (Yellow)
Pallet #0 (Black)

Nostradamus
Male
Sagittarius
Oracle
Draw Out
Auto Potion
Defense Up
Move-HP Up
H Bag

Thief Hat
Brigandine
Wizard Mantle

Blind, Silence Song
Bizen Boat, Kiyomori, Masamune

Trophonius
Male
Pisces
Oracle
Item
Abandon
Defense Up

Necronomicon

Green Beret
Black Costume
Wizard Mantle

Blind, Spell Absorb, Silence Song
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chronos Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Delphic Oracle
Female
Cancer
Oracle
White Magic
Absorb Used MP
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
H Bag

Green Beret
White Robe
Chantage

Blind Rage, Paralyze, Sleep
Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna

Onmyodo
Female
Taurus
Oracle
Summon Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Ivory Rod

Holy Miter
Robe Of Lords
Magic Gauntlet

Paralyze, Sleep, Beguile
Fairy, Carbunkle, Zodiac
My dreams can come true!

Taichii

REVISED NO DESU~~
Here's my team :D
see you on the tournament  guys!

Player: Taichii Soul-Cross
Team: Revenant Choir
Palettes: Black/Red

Chaos
Female
Scorpio
Scholar
White Magic
Damage Split
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
Wizard Robe
N-kai Armlet

Shadow Shade
Raise 2, Esuna

Grim
Male
Pisces
Scholar
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Half of MP
Fly
Prismatic Rod

Twist Headband
Black Costume
Jade Armlet

Bio 2
Carbunkle , Odin , Cyclops

Death Wish
Female
Scorpio
Scholar
Time Magic
Absorb MP
Half of MP
Fly
Prismatic Rod

Twist Headband
Black Costume
Rubber Shoes

Tornado
Slow 2 , Demi 2

Reaper
Female
Pisces
Serpentarius
Scholar
White Magic
Damage Split
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
N-kai Armlet

Shadow Shade, Bio 2
Raise 2

if there are any errors please do point them out :3
arigathanks minna san~

"Desperation"

Dol

Player: Dol
Team: Playing for Late Game
Palettes: Red/Blue
Last Revision: 2012-12-15

MA
Female
Taurus
Samurai
Basic Skill
MA Save
Overwhelm

Kiyomori

Platina Helmet
Platina Armor
Red Shoes

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Chirijiraden
Focus, Heal

PA
Male
Taurus
Samurai
Chivalry
PA Save
Equip Light Blade
Move-HP Up
Ultima Weapon

Barbuta
Diamond Armor
Battle Boots

Nurse, Transfusion, Iron Will

Full Rez
Female
Capricorn
Samurai
White Magic
Projectile Guard
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP Up
Murasame

Crystal Helmet
Robe of Lords
Setiemson

Masamune
Raise 2, Esuna

Utility
Female
Virgo
Samurai
Summon Magic
Projectile Guard
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Murasame

Crystal Helmet
White Robe
Setiemson

Masamune
Moogle, Ramuh, Fairy, Carbunkle

The Damned

December 20, 2012, 06:54:32 pm #79 Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:11:47 pm by The Damned
(I could have sworn that Otabo posted his all-Geomancer team in here, but I suppose it's a moot point since it's in the Team Submission thread.)

So...while I flail around trying to get either ePSXe to work or see if I can make pSXfin's frame rate faster, I figure I'll post my mono-Time Mage team now that the deadline has passed. I was going to do this last night, but...yeah.

Commence stealing from reinoe even more:

Stardate 12/01/2012: I masochistically call Time Mage, in part because I genuinely believe they're the worst class at present (so I have an excuse when I get my ass handed to me horribly as per usual) and in part because I've been tempted to try to make one as soon as I came back. Admittedly, I probably would have chosen Wizard if I could have thought of a seemingly decent team for them that didn't get seem like it would get curbstomped despite them being the only mages that don't have to run Faith for their Primary class attacks now. As such, I was glad to see that CT5Holy picked them up since he's among one of the most competent team-makers.

I was also admittedly tempted to be lazy and go with the all-Samurai team that I made up around that time, but considering how horribly the Fujiwara clan got its ass-kicked by Barren's Lancers...yeah, probably a good thing they're not here.

12/03/2012: Oddly I seem to have the same urge to switch to Oracles around here. I also have the same urge to switch to Priest after being surprised that it was one of the last classes picked despite being literally the only class where one's entire team was capable of having resurrection on every unit from just their primary class and access to the rare flails.

12/05/2012: I made a preliminary version of the team around here by the latest since the focus was "easy": Dark-based attacks. With the Demi skills being their only really threatening damage since Comet is fixed and they have utterly rubbish HP, meaning I completely wrote off Balance from the beginning, it seemed "obvious" that I would need everyone to absorb Dark to get around needing to heal so constantly. This because squishy Time Mages that are faster than almost every other team and charge forward idiotically are going to die at least once.

Of course, that ran into a problem because I also felt that I needed all of my team to be immune to Silence since I pretty much had "Must Block" Silence" as a mandatory for all my mages until rather recently. Due to their equally garbage weapon selection of Staves and Bags, though, it seemed rather like they needed to keep up their spell offense if I didn't just want to "phone it in" and be really lazy by having two of Draw Out and then probably two of White Magic(k) or Summon Magic(k). So my equipment selection was quickly limited to a rather boring pool of N-Kai Armlets (which I like and have always used anyway), Golden Hairpin (because duh), Robe of Lords (for N-Kai users) and Black Costumes before I had any "wiggle" room with weapons that weren't usable as attack weapons (sans Gold Staff and Wizard Staff), the two left-overs hats and either Magic Ring or Defense Ring. And then I remembered that Cursed Ring existed...and that I had wanted to try out Move=0....

And thus the first member of my team, Bleed, was born. I suppose before I ramble on further that I should explain that the name is a reference to the missing Time Magick spells from FFXII with an at least slight thematic focus on all of them. Thus from the beginning, Bleed had Lore to "bleed" the opponents while healing his (pre-sex change) allies, Countdown always had a focus on Short Charge & Stop, Float always had Float & was going to be the primary reviver, which necessitated Projectile Guard because Spellguns frakking hurt and Warp always had Teleport and thus quickly became an Item-bot. Things followed rather quickly from that, especially with my remembering the way reinoe's Short Circuit has been destroying people with units that didn't all have 70 Faith; I'm pretty sure I had the Zodiacs easily assigned by just making Bleed a Libra first because of Balance (even though I was never planning on using that). So this had me surprisingly leaving it so that two units were able to be Silenced, two couldn't restore their own MP and one of them couldn't move (though that in itself is still something I want to test out).

I then left things to sit before I proceeded to inflict a lot of Bad Things on myself in real life that I'm not going to go into here....

12/13/2012: Around this time, I waste time coming up with two theoretical all-Bard teams that I lament not being able to use even though I know Reks genuinely likes that class a lot, probably the most of anyone on the board. So no big last, especially since I don't even like Phoenix Blade really.

I still wasn't able to think of a satisfactory all-Wizard team, but by then I'd decided to just wait to see what CT5Holy came up with.

12/18/2012: Barren asks me if my team is ready because I'm such a slow, lazy bastard and probably the last person to send his (or hers) in as always. So I then proceed to spend about an hour just looking at and going over my team, both noting how my most recent failure happened almost exclusively because I lacked M-EV at all and noting with some frustration that there seemed to be more Dark absorb than I had expected from posted teams, especially via Cursed Ring. The latter was especially frustrating since Float was never going to have the JP for Raise 2, at least if I wanted to keep her (now his) namesake Movement ability and wanted revival abilities that were 100% given my abysmal luck's ability to make 80~% revival miss way too often. I also didn't want to bother with Raise 2 because, again, Time Mages have frankly abysmal HP, so they'd probably be one-shot as easily as by something threatening at 50% as they would at 100%; so long as they were revived above 100 HP, which Raise did, then I figured things were fine.

It was around this point that I realized that I had entirely too much revival given that one of my units was technically immortal and the other three all had revival. Things quickly "solved" themselves even though I had to e-mail Barren thrice in a row to make "last-minute" corrections; I also lamented that purple palette's crystal is still game-crashingly buggy:

1. Countdown lost Fairy for Silf. She also got Haste because I realized that I had miscounted JP totals like always, this time under-counting by 100 instead of the opposite. I figure since she's the fastest and got Haste alongside Short Charge, she'll probably be able to not as incompetent about as the AI tends to be. She also ended up being the only person not to get a sex change ultimately. She did however lose her White Robe for a Robe of Lords just because I figured "why" not, especially since she has the only method of assured MP-restoration between Move-MP Up, Absorb MP AND Carbunkle.

2. Bleed lost Demi 2 after I realized that I should probably give him something speedier for self healing considering his otherwise having Bio 3 was pointless in that sense. So he got Demi (after Warp lost it) and I waffled about giving him Haste despite having 100 JP left over given the AI's obsession with it, but I figured it would be something to do since he was still fast enough to get it off before even Countdown moved since he only has to build up 80 CT compared to 100. Bleed then got a sex change to a she because I realized that undercutting Lore by that much just to make sure that Float's revival was slightly more accurate wasn't worth it; the same for when it was decided that Warp would no longer absorb Dark.

3. Float lost Summon Magic(k) and got White Magic(k) for both Raise & Esuna. I then decided to give her Demi instead of Demi 2 due to her lack of Short Charge, which freed up 100 JP for both Regen & Protect, which are probably going to screw me over "hilariously" but meh. Other than that, I gave her a sex change to a man eventually since Bleed got changed and I wanted them to keep being Besties.

4. Warp ended up getting the most changes, in addition to the sex change from a man to a slightly more squishy woman, she was the only one to get her starsign changed, going from Aries to another Sagittarius. This was because I figured I needed M-EV on someone due to aforementioned loss by "Donate Blood Today!" and she was it, especially as the front"man" with back-up revival. This meant losing N-Kai Armlet since there was no in hell I was giving her Black Costume with her necessary Thief Hat since that turn her MP into crap and I'd rather not waste turns having to Hi-Ether. So she got Small Mantle rather quickly because it both has decent M-EV and blocks Holy, meaning literally the only element that neutrally hits her is Dark, which should just get Auto Potion'd away for more damage than it does in theory; in theory only, given my luck. Beyond that, she also was the only member to get a weapon change, getting a P Bag instead of a Wizard Staff, which prompted me to change her Demi to Comet since I figured that I could shuffle some of her Item abilities around and she didn't need the MA for Comet's damage. As such, she lost Antidote, partly because Float has Regen now and partly because Warp has X-Potion herself, and got Maiden's Kiss just because I'm paranoid like that.

So we'll see how things go even though I didn't get a chance to play-test it all due to the still-existent Excel 2010 issues.

P1: #1 Blue
P2: #0 Black

Warp
Female
Sagittarius
Time Mage
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Teleport
P Bag

Thief Hat
White Robe
Small Mantle

Slow, Don't Move, Comet
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Chronos Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Countdown
Female
Leo
Time Mage
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Short Charge
Move-MP UP
H Bag

Thief Hat
Robe of Lords
N-Kai Armlet

Haste, Stop, Demi 2
Carbunkle, Silf

Float
Male
Sagittarius
Time Mage
White Magic
Projectile Guard
Half of MP
Float
Wizard Staff

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Defense Ring

Slow 2, Comet, Sinkhole, Demi
Raise, Regen, Protect, Esuna

Bleed
Female
Libra
Time Mage
Lore
MP Restore
Half of MP
Move = 0
Rainbow Staff

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Cursed Ring

Haste, Slow 2, Don't Move, Sinkhole, Demi
Shadow Shade, Bio, Bio 3

Speaking of Oracles....

Quote from: reinoe on December 15, 2012, 06:17:00 am*sees unit named Nostradamus*

Know this: Should we meet, even if you beat me, he will die just for having that name.

If he's as good as his hugely overblown namesake, then he should already know what's coming.

(I like your team's names otherwise though, even if I'm "disappointed" by the lack of a Cassandra.)