• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Possible to change raw stats?

Started by C1REX, February 26, 2018, 03:56:19 pm

C1REX

Hi,

Is it possible to change Raw stats? I want to make raw PA and MA for males and females equal. Is there a hack for that?

Thanks.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

February 26, 2018, 04:08:23 pm #1 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:20:15 am by Pride
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Data/Table_Locations

The raw stats can be found in scus but you would have to edit them yourself

Edit: Xifanie has the way
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

C1REX

I've thought there is such hack already considering how many advanced stuff were created and how many people like flat growth levelling.
I just wanted to have more reason to have more male magic users this time. It also feels that Alicia and Lavian joins with wasted stats as they were levelling at wrong job.

Oh well. It's not a big deal and I don't have skills to edit such stuff myself.

Xifanie

...Did you check Raven's Utilities spreadsheet or did you just ignore my post?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

C1REX

February 27, 2018, 04:49:47 am #5 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:06:06 am by C1REX
I've seen the spreadsheet but how can you apply those stats to the game?
I use it to calculate stats and to balance jobs and monsters but how can you create an xml from it?

Xifanie

Well, that's embarrassing... the Tools section said "Edit Job Stats and Raw Stats" when it should really say -Preview-, because yeah, there doesn't seem to be any way to generate an xml.

Sorry about that.

Guess you're screwed, then. :/

C1REX

February 28, 2018, 02:33:56 am #8 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:56:51 am by C1REX
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 27, 2018, 11:33:33 pm
You edit the Raw stats with the tool in my Workbooks compilation.  The Utilities workbook is just a comprehensive stat previewer.

Is the file called: "Job and Charackter workbook compilation"?
I can see: "Pre-Raw  Stats Editor" tab and it says there: "Raw Stats for LvlSim - Do Not Touch". Should I touch it?

Many thanks.

3lric

C1REX

Is it this one I need to edit? The one saying "Do not touch"?

RavenOfRazgriz

Make the edits you want to the top half of that workbook - the part that very clearly asks for input and tells you what format that input is expecting - then pull the XML from the XML tab to apply via FFT OrgASM.

The bottom half is simply for LvlSim and other programs that require you to know the actual raw values in their true forms.  It's mostly there for convenience.

C1REX

I still have problem to make it work.
I edited the file and pulled the xml file. It works just fine for math skill changing to normal skillset but my female characters still have less PA than males.

The xml file seems to be changed as it should. I tick the box for pre-raw stats change in FFT OrgASM. All is working fine but raw stats won't change. My females and males don't have the same stats as they should.

What do I do wrong?

Xifanie

Silly question but... you are starting a new game, or trying to recruit from the soldier office, right?

C1REX

I keep trying new game and I hope my males and females will have the same stats.
Other hacks  like "defend initiate all" or "equip change initiate all" seem to work fine.

C1REX

I've attached my xml file. Can somebody check if it's correct, please? I tried new game with only this one hack to make sure there is no conflict but I still get Females and Males with different stats when I try to get both of them the same.

C1REX

Apologies for triple post but otherwise nobody would know about update.
There is either an error in Xifanie file or I do something terribly wrong but I've managed to have the same PA/MA for males and females by creating an XML file from xml generator.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patches>

<Patch name="Same stats for all">
    <Description>Males and Females have the same PA and MA</Description>
    <Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4F110">
    </Location>
    <Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4F11B">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

</Patches>

This xml works just fine for me. I'm a noob and barely managed to create it so can't tell why this one works and Xifanie file doesn't but it does look different to me.  I'm sharing this as more people may want to use it.