• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Virgo (WotL Vanilla Rebalance)

Started by Nightmare, September 21, 2023, 02:09:02 pm

Nightmare

FFT: Virgo is a rebalance mod for WotL that redesigns virtually every class, ability, and piece of gear in the game.

The mod was designed to make every class unique and viable but also to improve options for class builds and strategies. Many of the changes and redesigns made for flavor were inspired by other Final Fantasy titles. A secondary goal of the mod was for player enjoyment. As such, several quality of life improvements, such as "Smart Encounters" are present.

The mod was not intended to be a "difficulty mod" but you could fool someone if you only showed them screenshots of Chapter 4. By the end of Chapter 3, all new equipment is available for purchase, and Chapter 4 enemies make full use of advanced abilities, which gives Chapter 4 a much higher difficuly. Midlight's Deep (or Deep Dungeon) as such is unique in its challenge.

The mod is fully playable, but I know there are some bugs and kinks to work out still before I'm ready to drop the "Beta" from the title. The patch should be applied to EU/PAL versions of WotL.

UPDATE, 11/14/2023
New version corrects some general bugs and typos, balances a handful of abilities. Luso saw a full redesign. Dragoon and Worker 8 are still problematic.

UPDATE, 11/15/2023
Something broke! Until I can figure out what went wrong, I'm taking the link down.

UPDATE, 11/28/2023
It's fixed!

UPDATE, 12/4/2023
BOCO IS GONE FROM CH.1

UPDATE, 12/11/2023
This update addresses a variety of ability issues (White Wind, Explosion, Star Mage abilities, monster abilities, etc) as well as adding some new Cultist spells (Dark Contract and Dead Wave) and Delita's new Arresting Blade!

UPDATE, 4/23/2024
The file seems to have become wonky at some point and may or may not have been working. This update has some other changes as well, but life became busy and full of some unfortunate things so my documentation has gone to trash, and it wasn't great before. You'll find some undocumented changes in this update. Embrace the chaos.

Screenshots

No message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: nightmare5146

JioCrestfall

Just tried to play this and I'm using ppf to patch this and no issue arrived but whenever i boot it up in ppsspp it's just blackscreen for me
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nightmare

Quote from: JioCrestfall on October 31, 2023, 01:45:04 pmJust tried to play this and I'm using ppf to patch this and no issue arrived but whenever i boot it up in ppsspp it's just blackscreen for me

Hey, Jio, sorry for the delayed response.  What version of FFT are you using?  Currently, FFT Virgo is only compatible with the EU/Pal.

lhsgenx42

Is there a bug for the Berserker job? I can't gain any JP from it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Quote from: lhsgenx42 on December 07, 2023, 07:56:48 amIs there a bug for the Berserker job? I can't gain any JP from it.
Somewhere in the readme there's a note that Berserker isn't working presently, but it's known about and being worked on.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

lhsgenx42

Can you make a Readme doc to show what blue magic skills can be acquired? The Readme with this mod doesn't show any details.

Nightmare

Quote from: lhsgenx42 on December 09, 2023, 01:17:35 pmCan you make a Readme doc to show what blue magic skills can be acquired? The Readme with this mod doesn't show any details.

Blue Magic skills are tagged as "Blue Magic" if you look at ability information during battle, so it'll help them stand out. The ReadMe doc has been updated to add Blue Magic to the Poaching section as well.

And to piggy back on Celdia a bit, she speaks the truth. Berserker is currently bugged, and working on a fix, but don't have it yet. Worst case scenario, the Berserker class may become a unique guest that joins you at some point. It means the class won't be available to everyone, but at least one character will have them. It's not ideal, and I'd like to keep it a normal class.

The newest update is posted above though!

lhsgenx42

Sorry to ask. I know you have the list of blue magic monster abilities, but can you add the location of the monsters. I'm trying to collect them all. Thank you for the update.

Nightmare

Wasn't planning to release a new version for a minute yet, but some unexpected things happened and here we are. Newest file is attached to the OG post.