• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:34:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Battle of the VGM! (Those Who are Shining WINS!)

Started by Eternal248, December 03, 2010, 06:07:53 pm

Eternal

December 03, 2010, 06:07:53 pm Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:30:41 am by Eternal248
Anyways, I'm interested in seeing what FFH's favorite video game music is. Thus, I've decided to put together a little tournament-like thing. It's simple. Simply nominate two video game tracks that are your favorite, and there'll be a vote each day for which track you like best. And then at the end only one track will remain! Will your favorite music come out on top!? Who knows, but probably not!

Embed your two nominations and put them in spoiler tags, please. It makes the page not slow to a crawl when loading.

(I hope the rules made sense, it sounded kinda weird typing it out.)

I nominate:

A Despair-Filled Farewell (Shadow of the Colossus)

AND

Sign of Hope (Lost Odyssey)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Okay. I'm in.

The Legend of Zelda - Overworld

And

Final Fantasy 6 - Prelude
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

philsov

are arrangements/remixes/covers allowed, or must the tracks be pure?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kaijyuu

Hrm, ok. These aren't my favorites but I hope to add some interesting stuff to the listings.

FF6 - Fierce Battle

Dark Chronicle - Emperor Griffon

Eternal

Quote from: "philsov"are arrangements/remixes/covers allowed, or must the tracks be pure?

The tracks must be pure, unless there's a remix of a song in another game (Incarnation of Devil, for example, is in Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 3, but you can nominate either because they're both in games.)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

philsov

righto.

But, seriously, 2 tracks?  You my friend are evil.  Whatever, I'll go after some B tracks instead of the more patently obvious ones (ie, anything from CT, FF6, or MM2 :p)

Presenting... very awesome pieces that are themselves almost polar.

Guilty Gear X - Awe of She

Metal Gear Solid - The Best is Yet to Come

GeneralStrife

Final Fantasy 12 Boss theme

Also I second the best is yet to come

EDIT: Philsov TBiYtC video doesnt have embedding

Eternal

OK, since Strife seconded The Best is Yet to Come, that means it gets in twice. I didn't expect anyone to second a track, so I didn't consider what would happen if someone did, but I think this'll work fine. If a track gets seconded/thirded, it'll just be put into the bracket multiple times.

RandomGuyH

December 03, 2010, 09:10:59 pm #8 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:02:07 pm by RandomGuyH
Beyond the Beginning (Ys Origin)

Bloody Tears (Castlevania 2)

PX_Timefordeath

December 04, 2010, 02:52:47 am #9 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:56:48 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Mortal Stampede (うみねこのく頃に/Umineko no Naku Koro Ni/When the Seagulls Cry)

Ehhhh.... I'll find a second one later on.

EDIT: After listening to a bunch of the BGM, I have concluded which one I like the best

Hope (うみねこのく頃に/Umineko no Naku Koro Ni/When the Seagulls Cry)

This song is very beautiful, and the first time I heard it, I just left the game on so the music can loop.

dinosaur

I picked these two because I always believe their should be a battle that is majestic, significant, powerful yet beautiful and surreal. Eterny- I hope you have one of those.

Final Fantasy Tactics  - Requiem

Final Fantasy VIII - Drifting

Xifanie

Those who are shining (Legend of Mana)

Blood on the keys (Star Ocean 4)

ET, will you class songs among the same type in the brackets? (i.e. battle music VS battle music)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eternal

SilvasRuin

Song of Storms (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

And...

I'll get back to you on that.

CT5Holy

So many tough choices =x. Well, here's my two:

Xenogears (Creid) - Balto (Bonds of Sea and Fire)

Radiata Stories - Song of Freedom Fighters
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Gotwald

My two nominees:

The theme song from morrowind:

MegamanX 2: Wheel gators theme
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Kaijyuu

Lots of interesting low- to mid-profile songs so far. I'm impressed.

Eternal

Yeah, I'm surprised. I was expecting it to become a battle of FF music.

FFMaster

Touhou Youyoumu: Perfect Cherry Blossom - Necrofantasia

Cave Story - Last Battle
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

philsov