• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:14:41 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

jimmyjw88

I did some tweaks on your sprite and palettes setting. You have several identical colours. I've scale them down to 16, well...15 actually, another colour to spare.
Anyway, here's what I've done.
[attachment=0:1rd2qazc]Wolfknight rear test.png[/attachment:1rd2qazc]
Though, his legs seems kinda long.
C&C?

EDIT: Which base did you use, Wolffran, for his boots and pant.?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Wolfran

April 22, 2010, 11:39:30 am #41 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:37:04 pm by Wolfran
Yeah the legs are to much long  but the shadows in the helmet look pretty good :D  
I'm using the Dark knight boots and the Zodiac sprite pants[attachment=0:1rck50im]Wolfknight rear test.1.PNG[/attachment:1rck50im] Do you think the legs look good now???
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Wolfran

This is my next project... Gourry Gabriev from Slayers[attachment=0:3kk97hgt]Gourry Gabriev.PNG[/attachment:3kk97hgt]

jimmyjw88

Well, the boots are still kinda messy. So is the pants. Hmm....

As for your next project, his hair need fixes. The blue armor is dark, hard to see and identical colours if I'm not mistaken. His arms looks square. Waist plate looks kinda odd. Last but not least, some tweaks on the palettes.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Tonb3rry

Maybe I'm just selfish and want to see the wolf knight get finished, but I'm going to just throw out that my vote is to finish that before starting a new project. The Wolf Knight has a lot of potential.

mav

The Wolf Knight certainly has a ton of potential, but maybe you should replace the boot/legs with another set? Like Ch. 3 Ramza's?

The new sprite is a mess. Everything on it is too blocky. For the light blue, you need another shade for depth's sake. And like Jimmy said, you need to make the dark blues look less similar. Overall, fix the shadows on the entire sprite, remove the block arms, and redo the palette. My biggest suggestion is to just finish the Wolf Knight now, take that experience and apply it to Gourry.

Wolfran

I know the new sprite is a real mess, I used the colors of the anime character not the FFT's colors but that's  not  important now because I need someone to help me with the shadows in the pants of the WK[attachment=0:13u07uui]Wolfknight rear test.1.PNG[/attachment:13u07uui]

jimmyjw88

April 24, 2010, 01:06:07 pm #47 Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:07:35 pm by jimmyjw88
For the Wolfknight, I suggest use the last one (from my above post) as the helmet looks more diagonal. I'll try to do something with the pants if I'm free.

Kagebunji

Yes, the 2nd one looks better(I'm talkin about helm now). You can always copy'paste some pants, Algus has similiar one, just search through sprites.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MasterGrand

Let's be together !!

Wolfran

WHO WANTS TO DO THE WOLF KNIGHT PORTRAIT??????????

DeadManWalking

You do!  I do all my own portraits >_>

Kagebunji

It might be chalenging, but you can do it, Wolf! If you need help, ask Mav, Jimmy, or if you are desperate, ask me.

Wolfran

Thanks for the support but this 2 next week I have to study a lot and I want finish the sprite quickly

Kagebunji

Heh, I have a lot of mine things to do. Maybe Jimmy or Mav can help.

Lijj

i might be able to pull it off as well. Just PM me. I made one for a gal named Veron: Unfortunately she never comes on here and just uses it for her FaceBook. But it looks a lot like her.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Here's some fan art. Now finish this :lol:
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Damn it, I like your style of drawing. Totally epic.

jimmyjw88

Very nice sketches there. Great skills.

Wolfran

Wow!!!!!! That helps A LOT, thanks Lijj  :mrgreen: