• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Question of the Day.

Started by Mari, April 09, 2010, 07:18:51 pm

Mari

If two hermaphrodites have sex, is it considered gay?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Samuraiblackbelt

yes, since they are both the same sex, it is gay
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Mari

So then what would having sex with a male for them be considered? And a female, for that matter?
Would that be heterosexual?

Doesn't seem like it would to me.

RavenOfRazgriz

Hermaphrodites don't have an opposite sex.  If they have sex with a non-Hermaphrodite, it is just "sexual", because it is neither a same sex or opposite sex situation.

Two Hermaphrodites having sex is still homosexual because they're both Hermaphrodites and thus the same sex, despite the fact they have no direct opposite sex.

Hope that clears things up for you.  ^_^

Archael

VampragonLord

actually since theyre both sexes, wouldnt having sex with anything but themselves be considered gay?
also, where do trannies fall in this line?(pre-op, post-op, during-op)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Aquilae

Aren't either Transsexuals or Hermaphrodites leaning towards one side of the fence?
:gay:

Smash

I believe I truly don't give a damn fuck.

:D

Pray continue this debate notheless.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "VampragonLord"actually since theyre both sexes, wouldnt having sex with anything but themselves be considered gay?
also, where do trannies fall in this line?(pre-op, post-op, during-op)

Nope.  Hermaphrodites technically have different genitalia from both the male and female sexes.  While those genitalia are composed of parts / wholes from both sexes, the sum genitalia is different, therefore the sex is different.

If the transexual has a penor, it's male.  If it has a vajayjay, it's female.  if it's under the knife, it's an oversized fetus that's still forming gender since it technically doesn't have a defined set of genitals.

Got it?

Good.

Kaijyuu

And I thought I'd heard every internet debate.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

VampragonLord

Quote from: "Dome"Gay sex is gay sex
leave saucegay uchiha out of this!

Dome

Quote from: "VampragonLord"
Quote from: "Dome"Gay sex is gay sex
leave saucegay uchiha out of this!
I WILL AVENGE MY CLAN AND AVOID EVERY GIRL IN THE WORLD!"!"!1111!!!111

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Mari

Quote from: "RavenOfRazgriz"Hermaphrodites don't have an opposite sex.  If they have sex with a non-Hermaphrodite, it is just "sexual", because it is neither a same sex or opposite sex situation.

Two Hermaphrodites having sex is still homosexual because they're both Hermaphrodites and thus the same sex, despite the fact they have no direct opposite sex.

Hope that clears things up for you.  ^_^
But it couldn't be just "sexual" Just because you're only recognising two - same or opposite - doesn't make it so!
Even I, in the post before only recognised hetero or homosexuality, but it's not so. Just as a triangle has three point, there is a third gender and a third sex!
Hetero and homo are only thought of as opposites because society hardly ever sees the third, so it doesn't exist to them.. Other than reading about it, etc, etc. (I am generalising, of course.)

To quote Hijra Mona Ahmed, "I am the third sex, not a man trying to be a woman. It is your society's problem that you only recognize two sexes."
This of course was meant toward gender identities, not the literal term. But I feel it fits here, as well.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Mari"But it couldn't be just "sexual" Just because you're only recognising two - same or opposite - doesn't make it so!
Even I, in the post before only recognised hetero or homosexuality, but it's not so. Just as a triangle has three point, there is a third gender and a third sex!
Hetero and homo are only thought of as opposites because society hardly ever sees the third, so it doesn't exist to them.. Other than reading about it, etc, etc. (I am generalising, of course.)

To quote Hijra Mona Ahmed, "I am the third sex, not a man trying to be a woman. It is your society's problem that you only recognize two sexes."
This of course was meant toward gender identities, not the literal term. But I feel it fits here, as well.

Assumption: Just because a new factor crops up, the other factors no longer oppose.

Just because there is a Hermaphrodite doesn't mean that males and females are no longer opposing sexes on scale.  Neither the male or female sex changed in any way when the Hermaphrodite was introduced, so if their opposition and sameness to themselves and each other remains the same.

Hermaphrodite cannot oppose either directly because it draws on both.  A hybrid at best, a human platypus at worst.  Because of this, it cannot oppose or same with either existing gender properly because it is not truly opposite or same to either as we must factor the sum of the parts involved, not pick and choose which ones we want to favor when labeling which kinds of involvement with other sexes are what.

Therefore, neither a Hermaphrodite and male or a Hermaphrodite and female can be considered heterosexual because heterosexual is defined as intercourse between opposing sexes, and Hermaphrodite is not an opposing sex to either.  It is not Homosexual either, because Hermaphrodite is also not a same sex to either.  Therefore, it is merely "Sexual" at this time as no terms apply to it.  Feel free to give it a name if you want, as there's nothing to say it can't be given its own unique name - but those intercourses with non-Hermaphrodites are neither homosexual or heterosexual, so trying to forcibly apply either name to said intercourse is only committing the error outlined in your very own quote, that you seem to be implying I committed previously.  The problem is, however, that I hadn't - but instead did the opposite, by defining Hermaphrodite as its own sex and acknowledging neither term can apply to it because it is its own unique sex.  The only thing implied in my post is that Hermaphrodite does not have its unique term (hence the entire discussion), and therefore should be referred to only as "sexual" because a lack of title is an implied recognition that a new title is required.

TL;DR: Nothing you said actually invalidated or really showed any flaw at all in what I said previously, because nothing wasn't recognized.  Merely calling it "sexual" implied the need for a new title, aka that the third point of the triangle was primed to be occupied by something.  Therefore, it was recognized because it was explicitly separated from both contemporary sexualities, just no name was given because no name currently exists.  If I were to make up a name to call it besides plain "Sexual", I'd be making up my own words without justification to back up my points, and if we all made up our own words to back up our arguments... well... the outcome of that should be obvious.

TL;DR of TL;DR:  We're likely agreeing and using different words to say the same thing since I implied exactly what I said into your post, except that I only called it "Sexual" because no specific name for any of the described actions besides Hermaphrodite on Hermaphrodite currently exist.

Mari

The point of my previous post was that you see them as opposites, and I don't.
I guess that's only an argument of opinion, if it continues.

Xifanie

lol arguments in the spam forum wtf

Where are the world gone.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VampragonLord

Quote from: "Zodiac"lol arguments in the spam forum wtf

dont worry zodiac, ill fix it

mari is a hermaphrodite, and had sex with another hermaphrodite, and was thus wandering if he was gay or not.

He is.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Mari"The point of my previous post was that you see them as opposites, and I don't.
I guess that's only an argument of opinion, if it continues.

One's an innie, the other's an outie, and the third just happens to have both an innie and an outie.

Even in belly-button terms, I'm not seeing the argument where male/female aren't opposite extremes begins.

Quote from: "Zodiac"lol arguments in the spam forum wtf

Hell, etc.

Quote from: "VampragonLord"dont worry zodiac, ill fix it

mari is a hermaphrodite, and had sex with another hermaphrodite, and was thus wandering if he was gay or not.

He is.

A Hermaphrodite can't be a "he".  "He" refers to the male sex, and we've established in great detail that Hermaphrodite is neither "He" nor "She".  There's a reason to default to "it", despite how derogatory it sounds.

It's still technically gay though, yes.

VampragonLord

i was using "he" to imply which position it was playing during their horrible horrible under age sexcapades.