• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:53:07 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Homeopathy

Started by Archael, November 11, 2010, 08:46:39 pm

GeneralStrife

I see, similiar to a placebo effect

Archael

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"I see, similiar to a placebo effect

uh

I think you missed the point of the thread

or maybe you got it... in that case, that was a really funny joke lol

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Voldemort"
Quote from: "GeneralStrife"I see, similiar to a placebo effect

uh

I think you missed the point of the thread

or maybe you got it... in that case, that was a really funny joke lol

Whoops i didnt watch the video...you piqued my interest in what it was so i looked it up..ill watch the video

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

so, did anyone see those star trek episodes and know WTF they are talking about?

FFMaster

I never watched star trek, but it felt like they were making more sense than the woman talking about Stephen HawkingS
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Jon

No! How dare you! Star Trek is crap! Star Wars all the way!!!!!!! Star Trek is horrible! Bad! Wrong! Now I want to watch 4 5 and 6 just for you guys mentioning Star Trek! Die!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Archael

synusoidal depleneration

Skip Sandwich

"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

philsov

Quote"the hull of the shuttle is made of tritanium alloy, at the speeds we're talking about, that alloy could depolarize.

And create a velocity differential.  Now, the fuselage would be traveling at a different rate than the na-cells(?)

That just means we need to set up a depolarization matrix around the fuselage!"

Apparently if tritanium alloy depolarizes, it had an adverse effect on the shuttle's speed by somehow increasing resistance/surface area/some form of slowdown even if THEY'RE IN SPACE.  Now, the na-cells (star trek speak for the engine + fuel combo pack, basically), are traveling at a different speed than the actual shuttle.  and rather than actually propel the shuttle with them, like they're friggin supposed to do, instead they begin to pull AWAY from the rest of the shuttle because of unknown space resistance.

Hence, by setting up a MATRIX around the entire shuttle, this alloy depolarization doesn't occur, space resistance is now something managable and no more seperation of engine and hunk of metal.

Come on people, this is failure analysis and subsequent prevention 101.

ps - loved the video skip
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Havermayer

Quote from: "Voldemort"so, did anyone see those star trek episodes and know WTF they are talking about?

Star Trek is really bad at throwing a lot of meaningless technobabble.  You can kind of get the gist of what they're saying, but its mostly meaningless nonsense.  
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TechnoBabble

John Benneth is a scary/crazy motherfucker.  For his vid complaining about Steve Novella (a critic of homeopathy), he titled the vid "Yale's Nigger".  Yes, he went that far.  He's also compared the treatment of Homeopathy to the treatment of Jews by the Nazis.