• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 03:47:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Exodus: A FFT Revamp

Started by SentinalBlade, May 02, 2008, 01:47:16 pm

SentinalBlade

May 02, 2008, 01:47:16 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Hello all,

I am currently in production of a new patch Which will hopefully change everything. I have played through the PSP version as well as teh PSX version, about a total of 30 times now. After that, it kind of all gets the same.
To remedy this i am completly stripping the game of current classes, and most abilities. Such changes include blue magic(a given), but others are more imaginitive and less run-of-the-mill. Demon Armors(samurai sprite) for instance, will be given dark spells, such as unholy darkness, vampirism, etc. Also, i thought of an idea. All weapons should be useful throughout the whole game, so i m raising/slowering WP to decent levels, and then changing them as i add elements or status effects or speed buffs or something along that line. Need a bit of help for an average WP number though....

If You all would like to help me, then i ask you to PM Class suggestions, and abilites to me. If you have anything else, please post here. a quik rundown of  
sample of current classes follows.

Squire = Squire
Abilities: Rest (heal 50% hp, 12 mp), Run away(-9 brave, + haste)

Chemist = Medic
Abilities include small healing abilities, but do not require items.

Black Mage = Blue Mage

White Mage = Apprentice
Abilities
Freezing Water(water/ice element) Candle Fire, Spark, Swallow(dark spell) Brite(holy spell), Preach(removes silence and aethiest)

Arithmaticion(calculator) = Grease Monkey
Abilities: Arm/leg shot, Seal evil, Oil, Destroy, compress and dispose

Geomancer = Alchemist
Abilities
Useful healing abilities. Fire/ice/spark vials. Numbing agent(immob+disable) and Flash Powder (blind to all)

Samurai = Demon Armor
Abilities
Vampire
Unholy darkness
Imoobolize
Chicken
Lich
Sanguine sword and unholy sacrifice(dark knight abilities. toned down of course)

This is just a small sample. please post thoughts or opinions, but keep all ideas to PMs, so i can better track them.

Cheetah

May 02, 2008, 05:52:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I like most of your ideas. I'm just unsure as to how doable all of these things are at this point. But I certainly look forward to your progress.
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

May 02, 2008, 06:58:01 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Most of them are doable, or have been done and tested. Im just running out of ideas. Things like Bard or Ninja are left without a job revision. same with lancers, dark knights, onion knights, dancers and mimes. Thats where i need help. Most others like the items i have plenty of ideas for.

Thank you for your support, btw. im glad your looking forward to this.

Lydyn

May 02, 2008, 07:44:35 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
You can't really change Mimes at the moment. Their mimic skill is pretty much hard-coded and the FFT Patcher can't work around it.

SentinalBlade

May 02, 2008, 11:10:22 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Thanks for that. Ill keep that in mind... just means i have one less job to worry about putting into the game. lol

Armorvil

May 03, 2008, 02:26:25 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Armorvil
I notice you chose Oil as an ability. So, did you manage to fix the bug involving Oil ? This status effect doesn't do a thing in the PSX version (I'm not sure if it was fixed on the PSP though, as I never played the game).

SentinalBlade

May 03, 2008, 02:31:56 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
IT works on the psp, as far as im aware. Increases the fire damage on them, but are you talking normally, without fftpatcher, the psx one doesnt work? ive never really noticed

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 03:18:13 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
What bug? :shock: I've seen it work on the PSX version. When the bomb explodes and adds Oil to you... all fire damage goes up on whoever was Oiled. It's not often since by the time you've been Oiled, you've won the battle because it was likely the last monster, but ... I'm 98% sure I've seen fire damage go up after it happened and the battle was still going.

Traverse

May 03, 2008, 03:27:50 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Traverse
Yeah, according to the Battle Mechanics Guide is doesn't work.

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 03:31:46 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
*Shrug* Pretty sure I've seen it work though, so ... whatever. Like it matters all that much anyways.

Armorvil

May 03, 2008, 07:14:49 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Armorvil
The status displays correctly, in the sense the palette darkens and the little oil symbol appears over the characters' heads ; but the status itself doesn't do anything. If a fire-elemental attack is dealt to an Oil'd character, the damage won't be greater than normal.