• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:05:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Making the NPC Classes into functioning character classes

Started by LastingDawn, March 18, 2008, 10:59:56 am

Zozma

March 26, 2008, 09:27:14 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i didnt change ovelia at all now there was a squire version of delita in there for some weird reason, i nulled that one out in hopes that this would correct it but it didnt.  perhapts it has something to do with unit ids? i made alicia and lavian match their new job numbers. im not quite sure whats the deal sigh...

by the way, as i mentioned about Funeral being incomplete as a sprite.. i assure you that i will get around to finishing it for you (it may be a while but ill post it as soon as i do complete it) just because yer showing such interest in it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

April 01, 2008, 02:47:16 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
And Funeral is complete! Zodiac came up with a brilliant idea, to fight him as Rofel (as that is currently not possible as far as I am aware, I kind of adapted a different idea.) As it shows three other priests dead and Funeral being stabbed, you would think that a battle took place beforehand. While my boss battle doesn't allow for a slaughter, it does allow for hopefully a relatively challenging boss fight against Funeral and his top notch guards. The three White Mages are each different and each unique, I hope their characteristics are enjoyable. Funeral himself is equipped with a custom set (which of the two new moves, he won't use...) Hopefully this will give a challenge to even some of the most veteran players, but odds are with them it will turn into a slaughter.

The Three Shrine Knights are (for the most part...) faithful to their upcoming battle, equipped with all the same exact weaponry they weild in the next fight. Most of the same skills as well. Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/103973455/Funeral_Boss_Battle.psv.html
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Sen

April 01, 2008, 08:33:21 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
hehe Montana is my Priest lol from my FFT file.

LastingDawn

April 01, 2008, 08:50:30 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That is a rather odd coincidence. I would have loved to actually give a name to the fellow weilding the Blood Sword (an adaptation of my own Makeshift "White Knight", from the PS1 game. ) Santos. Ramza's only partner besides Boco and his recurring incarnations, hehe.

Art of War

LastingDawn

April 18, 2008, 03:59:19 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, I may have been idle for a while, but work has finally begun on Barinten! Barinten is... oh boy... not to mention a despicable character he's only a half complete sprite, I did find most of his sprite inside of Rudvich's curiously enough. But... my aim is to turn him into a Gunslinger god, may I say I have succeeded. My brother came up with the idea, since I've been at a wall with Barinten for such a long time. He weilds two unique guns respectively named, Long Sword and Rapier, one has Don't Move on it, the other has Don't Act.  The C and P Bag had to be sacrificed for this, not much of a loss...

Weapon King
Br. 38 Fa. 26
Weapons: Gun
Helmet: Hat
Armor: Clothes, Robe

High-ranking Noble. United feudal lords from various
regions. His power equals that of a King of a small nation.

Move: 3
Jump: 3
Physical Evasion Rate: 0%
---------------------------------------------
Quickdraw

Quickdraw: Awaiting the enemies movement, with a flick of his hand shoots a charged bullet.
JP: (Starts with it)
Ranged Weapon ability
Effect: 1 enemy
MP: 0 SP:20

Magic Bullet: A bullet crafted from the horn of a Behemoth, makes sure to not touch allies.
Ranged Weapon Ability
Effect: 1

Headshot: A lethal shot from a well aimed barrel.
Ranged Weapon Ability
Effect: 1
MP: 7 SP:0
Add: Dead

Weapon Break, Power Break, Speed Break, as well, no changes to their descriptions or abilities.

Reaction Ability:
A Save - (Speed Up when struck)
Arrow Guard - (Stops arrows from hitting you)
Counter - (With two guns that could be very deadly...)

Support Abilities: None
Move Ability: None
--------------------------------------------
Innate Skills: Maintenance (The guns are Unique if someone got a hold of both they would be able to dual weild... not a good decision)

Two Swords - That which makes this whole Dual Weilding possible.

Concentrate - (I can't say I know why I put this...)

Weapon Guard - One of his guns have 40% weapon evasion, so it compliments that well.

Comments:It is Obvious that Barinten is not meant to ever be used by a player. Instead I plan on adding him in as a boss on top of Riovanes castle. flanked by four guards. His guns deal roughly 80-100 damage, so each hit will roughly be 180 from him, and this isn't including his special moves, Magic Bullet will allow him to work around his units (which will be protecting him with all they have), and Headshot, once things get bad, and Quickdraw for an almost guaranteed instant kill. He is supposed to be very difficult to hit and quite a formidable boss, work has already begun on this, so please check back regularly for updates!

Art of War

Zozma

April 18, 2008, 04:12:05 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it was at the beginning of the battle on the rooftop... that i saw that lovely young lede... ohhh sooo graceful as she grabs bariten by the collar and throws him off the steep rooftop of the church where he falls to his death.... what a sweetheart! i knew i must have her... and so out came the gameshark...

LastingDawn

April 20, 2008, 08:41:00 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, work is going... kind of well, I've run into a few barricades, that I can't quite figure out how to alter yet.

Quickdraw will probably be changed, I haven't decided to what yet, but currently trying to turn it into a break skill is not going well also the difference ability doesn't really treat it fairly.

Art of War

Zozma

April 20, 2008, 06:03:58 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i see you have that "dami" sprite in use... i wonder what kind of monster type fits in it...

Asmo X

April 21, 2008, 04:14:02 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
This looks really cool. It's hard to believe either of the Assassins could take this guy out. We might need a slightly altered event for that.