• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:18:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

abbysal strike mod help

Started by menjembeng, January 09, 2024, 01:04:22 am

menjembeng

is there any way to change it effect ? what ever effect i use its always result with original one ( earth slash effect ).
  • Modding version: WotL

Tzepish

Yes, it can be edited, with a little extra effort. Unfortunately these are hardcoded, but I wrote an ASM hack for FFTorgASM that unhardcodes them. I'll dig it up and post it here in a bit.

In the PS1 version, the end boss's teleport effects were assigned to unused ability IDs. The PSP version then used these same IDs for the Dark Knight attacks, but instead of doing something else for the end boss teleports, they left them there and hardcoded the effects for the new attacks. So when you edit the effects of the Dark Knight attacks, you are actually editing the effects the end boss teleports use.

The ASM I'm about to post moves the end boss teleport effects to the Arithmetics slots (which don't use their effects anyway) and unhardcodes the dark knight attacks, so you can edit them in FFTPatcher like anything else.
  • Discord username: Tzepish

menjembeng

Tzepish

Give the attached xml a try in FFTorgASM!

DKnight_Unhardcode.xml

This should make the dark knight skills editable like any other skill. However, you will need to assign the boss teleport effect IDs to their new locations (the arithmeticks IDs). I put the proper IDs in the hack's description, but here it is again:

FFTPATCHER EDITS REQUIRED:
    Since the Dark Knight attacks and Arithmeticks don't have the proper Effect IDs by default, you will need to add them:

- 02D Sanguine Sword: Effect ID = 0AD (Shadowblade)
    - 08B Infernal Strike: Effect ID = 0AC (Duskblade)
    - 0DB Crushing Blow: Effect ID = 0F6 (Vengeance)
    - 0DC Abyssal Blade: Effect ID = 062 (Shockwave)
    - 19E Arithmeticks Target CT: Effect ID = 0E7 (Teleport 3: Send)
    - 19F Arithmeticks Target Level: Effect ID = 0E8 (Teleport 3: Arrive)
    - 1A0 Arithmeticks Target EXP: Effect ID = 0C0 (Summon Angel)
    - 1A1 Arithmeticks Target Height: Effect ID = 02B (Summon Demon)
  • Discord username: Tzepish