• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Fomula help

Started by efrate, August 31, 2010, 02:19:15 am

efrate

Hello.  A couple of quick questions I was looking for a formula that used PA and WP for special skills, and the only thing I found was swordskill formula 2D.  I wouldn't mind using this, but is there a way to alter the 100% status field to 25% without ASM hacking or something?  Like If I can the inflict status tab to random or seperate or something would that work?  

Also, random idea, is it possible to make a skill that if it kills an enemy, it raises them and gives them invite and death sentance, but makes it so they do not permanently join?  Would just charm be better, and if so is it possible to make it so they cannot be uncharmed on hit?  (thinking of building necromaner)

Finally, is there a formula for charge, or just CT and power? If so then I assume it used like a weapon strike just with an additional +x added to WP.  

Thanks again.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

philsov

QuoteLike If I can the inflict status tab to random or seperate or something would that work?

Yes, actually.  I think it's Random.  Vanilla swordskills do this, see what their defaults are.

QuoteAlso, random idea, is it possible to make a skill that if it kills an enemy, it raises them and gives them invite and death sentance, but makes it so they do not permanently join? Would just charm be better, and if so is it possible to make it so they cannot be uncharmed on hit? (thinking of building necromaner)

Not currently, no.  There's no formula to deal damage and revive and inflict status all in one fell swoop.  In fact, I don't think there's a formula that revives and inflicts status, either.  

QuoteCharge

BMG!

[2.2] charge
      ========================================================================

Damage from the Archer's CHARGE command is calculated using the
normal weapon equations, with the following modifications.

For Charge +K, damage is equal to:

Bare Hands: [((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * PA
Knife: [((PA + K) + (Sp + K)) / 2] * WP
Sword: (PA + K) * WP
Knight Sword: [((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * WP
Ninja Sword: [((PA + K) + (Sp + K)) / 2] * WP
Katana: [((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * WP
Staff: (MA + K) * WP
Rod: (PA + K) * WP
Crossbow: (PA + K) * WP
Bow: [((PA + K) + (Sp + K)) / 2] * WP  
Gun (physical): (WP + K) * WP
Gun (magical): [CFa/100 * TFa/100 * (WP + K) * Q]
Flail: (1..(PA + K)) * WP
Axe: (1..(PA + K)) * WP
Stick: (MA + K) * WP  
Spear: (PA + K) * WP  
Musical Instrument: [(PA+K + MA+K) / 2] * WP
Dictionary: [(PA+K + MA+K) / 2] * WP
Cloth: [(PA+K + MA+K) / 2] * WP
Bag: (1..(PA + K)) * WP

CHARGE abilities are slow actions and have the following
initial values of ctr:

ATTACK NAME    INITIAL CTR
-----------   -------------
Charge +1 ...  4 clockticks
Charge +2 ...  5 clockticks
Charge +3 ...  6 clockticks
Charge +4 ...  8 clockticks
Charge +5 ... 10 clockticks
Charge +7 ... 14 clockticks
Charge +10... 20 clockticks
Charge +20... 35 clockticks

These ctr values are not affected by the 'Short Charge' or 'Non-charge'
abilities.

A CHARGE directive can only target a panel, not a unit.  If the target of
the CHARGE moves before the CHARGE is executed, the attack will fail to
connect.

If the caster of the CHARGE moves while charging or if his weapon is broken
while he is charging, the CHARGE will be aborted. (Exception: The undead
Archer's version of CHARGE does not have the latter restriction. If the
charging unit's weapon is broken, the CHARGE will continue and will resolve
as a fist attack, even if the original weapon was a long-distance weapon.)

In terms of damage, evasion, and modifiers, CHARGE attacks are treated
just like normal weapon attacks (see section 2.1 for details). CHARGE attacks
are weapon-elemental.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

efrate

You set set a skill to copy say raise, add status invite, add status death sentace, and add staus dark/evil, and maybe add status zombie., looking by modifying some of the inflict status tabs?  I'll try to make it not so it deals damage but just that is used as a revive on an already dead unit.  Gonna play around with it.  I know that about charge, I was just wondering is there any way to just take the formula, make it more one size fits all (without ASM), so I could play with it, but looks like I'll just have to copy charge and change power and CT, I just miss the elemental and add staus tab from most abilities but have essential the same skill just at 0 CT and with status procs, without using that friggin swordskill formula.

efrate

I got all the statii to trigger, however, it was add dead, then invite, etc.  That has potential for a kind of human train though, I won't use it but nice to know.  Can't cancel dead and add other stuff currently with patcher.  Oh well.