• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:35:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Blue Mage Woes

Started by efrate, August 30, 2010, 02:03:30 am

efrate

Question again wonderful knowledgable peeps.  

I'm making a blue mage class (replacing bard since I never see them on the other side).  For the skillset, I am redoing one of ramza's guts since his skillset I got from byblos after much modding.  I know I could have redid sing, but I chose not to, idk why.  

Here's my problem.  I picked the 16 skills I want him to learn, set JP for each to 9999, and checked learn on hit and gave it a 100% chance in the abilities tab in patcher.  Skill gets used on him, and I get the message saying do you want to leanr, I click yes, says "skill" has been learned.  I open my blue magic ability and go to use it.... and the skills aren't there.  Furthermore, I have 3 skills I've never had used on him selectable and usable, but the one I actually learned don't work.  And even more so, once I did get hit with that skill, it stays grayed out in his abilities menu on the formation screen.  

Any idea how to fix?  I do a lot of dirty patching as I keep making small changes, is it time to just repatch, re shishi, re tacttext and reorgASM it all and hope for a better result?  

Thanks in advance.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Mando

I would do what you suggested yourself: kind of redo from scratch. However, I would do a few things each step of the way make a copy of the file so you always have a "somewhat clean" iso.

These steps:
1) Clean iso (you have a back up and you make copies)
2) apply Tactext then save a copy name like iso+text
3) patch  save as : iso+txt+ptch
4) reorgASM: itpasm??? idk make a save name for it
5) shishi it and use the previous version!!! not the one that reorganizes; I get undesired things when I let it restructure.... (save as your FINAL CUT)

**That makes like 6 files total those 5 + The one you will play on (essentially a copy of step 5)

Also test out your monster skills! Make it so they are free and just learn and test and make sure they are not just glitching out when you learn them.'

Also since your replacing brd just replace the sing skills.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

efrate

I just overwrote sing into a copy of what I had been using as a skillset (19 guts) and its working fine now.  Just seemed a bit odd.  Oh well.  Another skillset and a bunch more ability to play with.

Mando

Ya very nice man glad its working for you!

I wish there was a way to change like moves to "Must have bladed weapon." So that any weapon that is bladed could take advantage of it.

Also must have staff or rod would be nice for when making a class specific move.

By the way considering you made a blue mage job class does this mean you made the sprite as well :O? If so might I have a gander at it XD?

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

efrate

I used the red mage sprite from the site, and changed the pallet of sprite #5 and sprite #1 in graphics gale.  

You can require sword in patcher, and fftorgASM has changing require sword to sword, knightsword, ninja blade or katana.  

I dunno about staff or rod, I imagine that would require ASM.  There was a topic a while back about ability requirement hacks, search it and read up not sure.

philsov

QuoteI wish there was a way to change like moves to "Must have bladed weapon."

Ability Requirement Hack :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=953&start=240

As for the more direct question, I'll hopefully check out how I set up my blue mage flag-wise some time tonight.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.