• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:08:00 am

Tactext WotL Request

Started by efrate, September 09, 2015, 06:15:31 am

efrate

Greetings everyone, been a while.  The hacking bug has grabbed me again and going to start another something on WotL.  Less in scope than my previous failed attempts. 

I do remember having massive issues with tactext for WotL, and Eternal sent me one of his that had most of the extraneous data like the sound novels etc. removed so you had a bit of space to work with, does anyone happen to have this file?  My old data was all corrupted so I don't trust my old tactext, plus I have no idea what all my changes were so would like to start fresh. 

Also is the list of unused sprites correct for the WotL version, I remember discovering a few issues with that last time. 

Please and thanks to all who help.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Xifanie

Yeah, that's cute... except sound novels are in a file of their own, so all removing does is increase the size of your generated PPF. WLDMES is split in independent sections, so deleting a section does not free up for another. Most other files should be toyable with to have more space useable, but good luck finding anything other than bits of japanese text here and there.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

Yep. The main thing I'm working on for Jot5 are the replacements for Rumors and Propositions in the bar, and even though Elric cleared a whopping two megabytes of unused text out of WLDMES, my 0.08 MB of text for the Ch. 1 rerelease made Tactext cry and fail to work. Xif had to code the game to load bar text differently and Elric had to separate my stuff out across the various bars of Ivalice to get around that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: efrate on September 09, 2015, 06:15:31 am
Also is the list of unused sprites correct for the WotL version, I remember discovering a few issues with that last time. 

They are the same. The new classes weren't added in the traditional way.
  • Modding version: PSX