• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:29:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

So I'm having some trouble elemental editing

Started by Oddeye, March 09, 2009, 11:04:07 am

Oddeye

March 09, 2009, 11:04:07 am Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:31:46 am by Oddeye
So I am working on this hack right and I am trying to essentially (among other things) make the Geomancer a Holy Knight with some extra skills I added on.  Now I am having lots of trouble here.  

1. I tried to simply change the action menu for Geomancy to default and replace the skills that I wanted, and then I moved the Geomancy skills to Bardsong and set the action menu there to Elementals.  This equalled EPIC fail on both parts.

2.I then set the Bardsong to the holy knight skillset I wanted and set it to the Geomancer class, and then changed the Geomancy skillset back to what it was originally and set it to the Bard job class.  This worked in that the Geomaner job now used Holy knight skills correctly and without fail, but the Geomancy skillset did not work at all.  

Now I have a couple of questions:

>Is it possible to set the Geomancy skillset to work correctly on another job class?

>Is it possible to alter the Geomancy skills so that they worked as default skills and could be used regardless of terrain?

On a side note earlier I set both of Agrias's job classes to have the 21 Holy Sword skillset, and altered the 28 Holy Sword skillset to the Geomancer job class and the Geomancer was not able to use any of the new skills I had added on any help there?  I would really like it if my Holy Knight did not have Bardsong as his skillset.

PS: Is it at all possible to put custom sprites into the formation screen on the PSP version?

philsov

March 09, 2009, 11:23:20 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Can you edit the topic title to be a little more... precise?  Something like "Replacing/modifying Elemental"

Quote>Is it possible to alter the Geomancy skills so that they worked as default skills and could be used regardless of terrain?

Almost positive no.  

And I don't know about your other questions.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

jimmyjw88

March 09, 2009, 11:26:07 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well....some skillsets are set already like charge and jump...I tried to altered charge and jump to add in some skills but unfortunately, their skillsets are "aim" and "jumping" while the skills i wanna add in are normal.
Then i tried to create new skillsets and put in jumps and charges but unfortunately, it put "not enought mana to perform the skill"....which I had....
So, what i'm trying to say is some skills have been set and it can't be change that easily.
However, i think zozma, cheetah, LD, SB, they all are working out on it.
About Geomancy skills....hmm....i haven't tried alter it before.
Wait....Why you changed action menu?
Why not just change from Job? You can just change Geomancer skillset from elemental to holy sword and then add those skills that you wanted to add into holy sword's skillset.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Oddeye

March 09, 2009, 11:30:51 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye
Well I tried altering the Geomancer job class to have the Holy Sword skillset and I ran into some trouble with the Geomancer using the extra skills I had tacked on.  Also I am trying to get the Geomancy skills to work in the Bard Job class.

jimmyjw88

March 09, 2009, 11:32:40 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
And I don't quite get what you said at number 2. What do you mean?
Also, about the holy sword skillset...you mean you changed Agrias's job skillset to 21 holy sword and changed Geomancer's skillset to 28 holy sword?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Oddeye

March 09, 2009, 11:34:25 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye
Yes, I put 21 Holy Sword to both 1E and 3D Holy knight and put 28 on the Geomancer

jimmyjw88

March 09, 2009, 11:52:15 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
You mean you put 28 holy sword to Geomancer's job or the skills into Geomancer's skillset?
And what you meant by "put 21 holy sword to both 1E and 3D holy knight"?
1E skillset is mighty sword while 3D skillset is all magic
1E job is holy knight and 3D job is knight with sword skill's skillset.
So you mean you took skills from 1E holy knight and 3D knight's skillset and put them into 28 holy sword skillset and put on Geomancer?
1E holy knight skillset is 28 holy sword while 21 holy sword skillset is from 34 holy knight's job

Oddeye

March 09, 2009, 11:55:18 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye
Nevermind I fixed it and quite frankly you are getting to confused.

jimmyjw88

March 09, 2009, 12:00:19 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Lol....I see.
Okay. Sorry because I can't help =.=
I'm abit stupid...Mind keep thinking straight....Don't know how to twist and turn....Ahahahah ^^
Anyway, glad to see that you fixed it ^^