• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:56:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Job] Phaseshifter

Started by Kokojo, December 04, 2009, 06:35:45 pm

Kokojo

December 04, 2009, 06:35:45 pm Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:42:06 pm by Kokojo
All comments/Suggestions are welcome.

Male :
???, Idea : Only the outline of a male thingy, the interior is not visible.

Female :
???, Idea : *see male*

Phaseshifter
Phaseshifters are magic users that can shift between dimensions at will. They are also powerfull casters and they focus on evasion since they have low life.

Healed ? : Yes

HP : Lowest
MP : Low
Speed : High
Move : 3
Jump : 3
C-ev : 125

Stats level 1 (Approx) : HP/MP/PA/MA/SP

5/6/2/2/10

Stats level 10 (Approx):

10/12/4/4/12

Equips :
Rods, Staff, Book.
-----
Cloths, Robes
Hats
Shoes/Ring/Armlet/Cloak/

Skillset:

Open to Suggestions*

Phase out :

Description: The Phaseshifter phases out of existance, becomming invincible and invincible for some time, at the cost of magic power.
Quote : ''TBM''
Range: 0
Effect Area: 0
Vertical: 0
Inflit Status: Innocent, Wall, Transparent
CT: 1
Mp cost: 7
Formula: 100%

Phase In :

Description: The Phaseshifter phases in to existance, regaining his magic powers.
Range: 0
Inflit Status: Cancel : Innocent
CT: 0
Mp cost: 2
Formula: 100%

SoulShift :

Description: The Phaseshifter phases the soul out of the target body, rendering him unraisable.
Range: 3
Inflit Status: Undead
CT: 0
Mp cost: 4
Formula: Hit_F(MA+X)%

Ice Cold :

Description: The Phaseshifter phases the target to a existance withouth heat, causing damage.
Effect Area: 2
Vertical: 2
Inflit Status: -
CT: 3
Mp cost: 6
Formula: Dmg_F(MA*Y)

Fiery Soul :

Description: The Phaseshifter phases the soul of target to a cataclismic existance where it loses his power.
Effect Area: 2
CT: 3
Formula: DmgMP_(MA*Y) Hit_F(X)% NS

Dimension break :

Description: The Phaseshifter breaks the dimensions at an area, causing everything it that location to slow down at the passage of time.
Effect Area: 1
Vertical: 3
Inflit Status: Slow
CT: 2
Mp cost: 3
Formula: Hit_F(MA+X)%

Terror :

Description: The Phaseshifter warps the target to a dark plane of existance where he must face his fears.
CT: 1
Formula: -Brave_(Y) Hit_F(MA+X)%

Quickshift :

Description: The Phaseshifter warps the target between two existances, ripping the body appart.
Range: 2
Formula: Dmg_(Y)% Hit_F(MA+X)% 100% status hide status

Whipslash :

Description: The Phaseshifter warps the target so fast between all the universes that it comes down slowed forever.
Range: 1
Vertical: 1
Formula: Hit_F(MA+Y)% //-PA/MA/SP_(X) NS
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

December 04, 2009, 06:46:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I wanna mess with this sprite :D, I used M.Squire as a base, but you can choose.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

December 05, 2009, 10:12:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Hmm...all the techs sound good, but how can you make sure they aren't too overpowered? Specifically with Phase out and Quickshift (which sounds like it'll do a ton of damage, but I dunno). Even Whiplash sounds a little too good...

And the idea for the sprite is just wicked.

Kagebunji

December 05, 2009, 10:28:37 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
five frames done, rest is up to you :)

Just kidding, I will still work with it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

woodenbandman

December 05, 2009, 11:40:40 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I think that this might be a boss type job. It just seems too unique to give to just anyone.

Also, this guy has low MP, so he won't have much stamina.

ffta707

Id like to see a screeny of that sprite, it would be awsome in battle. Good job guys.

SilvasRuin

"Phaseshifters are magic users that can shift between dimensions at will. They are also powerfull casters and they focus on evasion since they have low life. "

"Phaseshifters are talented spellcasters that remain one step to the left of reality.  Their magic is powerful, but their weak constitutions lead them to focus on evasion."
The first part is simply a different flavor, though I prefer spellcaster to magic user.  The second sentence is a serious recommendation rather than just a preference.

"The Phaseshifter phases out of existance, becomming invincible and invincible for some time, at the cost of magic power."

"The Phaseshifter leaves this world almost entirely, becoming invisible and invincible for a while.  Magic can neither reach them nor can their magic reach others in this state."
I very much recommend including that last sentence somehow.  The fluff and description is far better than "at the cost of magic power."  (Fluff is the roleplaying explanation behind a race, job, character, or ability.)

Phase In should probably cancel EVERYTHING that Phase Out applies.  And preferably all three statuses must be on it before it will remove any.  You might get into some very abusable situations otherwise.

"Ice Cold"

"The Ninth Circle"
Dante's Inferno, the lowest circle of hell was completely frozen over, and it wasn't just frozen water.

"The Phaseshifter phases the target to a existance withouth heat, causing damage."

"The caster draws the victim for a moment into a frozen hellscape devoid of any warmth."
Maybe I'm just biased, but this version is a lot more badass and has a mythological explanation behind it.

"Fiery Soul"

Manaburn or Mana Burn is the traditional name for this sort of ability, and it fits well enough with Fire if that's really what element you're giving it.

"The Phaseshifter phases the soul of target to a cataclismic existance where it loses his power."

"The caster calls forth arcane fire from another world to burn away what power the target may have in reserve."

Or if you aren't making it Fire:

"Dispersion"
"The caster causes the targets body to repel its own stores of magic."

"Dimension break"

"Gravity Well"

"The Phaseshifter breaks the dimensions at an area, causing everything it that location to slow down at the passage of time."

"The caster shifts and bends space-time until its flow becomes significantly hampered for any unfortunate targets."

"Terror"

"Shattermind" "Mind Shatter" or "Mind Breaker"

"The Phaseshifter warps the target to a dark plane of existance where he must face his fears."

"The caster warps the dimensions to bring forth the victim's own nightmares into reality to inflict the target with sheer terror."

"Quickshift"

"Sunder"

"The Phaseshifter warps the target between two existances, ripping the body appart. "

"The caster only partially warps the poor target between realities, tearing away at their form."

"Whipslash"

"Temporal Murmur"

"The Phaseshifter warps the target so fast between all the universes that it comes down slowed forever."

"The caster shifts the victim's mind through time to simultaneously exist in the present and one moment in the past, confounding the target's awareness of what is actively occurring and delaying their ability to respond."

Yeah, I'm taking a lot of creative license here, but with a concept like this, I just can't help myself.  I want it to be as creative in its explanations as possible.

Kokojo

Thank you very much SilvasRuin. I've taken about 90% of your changes in the game !
Your help is very much appreciated.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.