• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:35:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Setzer's sprite recolors (and female Red Mage)

Started by Setzer, September 30, 2009, 01:51:15 pm

Lijj

Kage: Well, I thought, not  a bad idea to make them the same but I realized I don't like those palette choices on the male version much at all, save for the first two which do match. Red, Light-Red. The other 3 on the male are Red again, Red again then Blue(blue? That's the last color I'd want a RED mage to be). And the third one looks all wrong the white of the eyes in the portrait are charcoal gray. As much as respect matching; I don't want to match it on closer examination. But I changed yellow one(my least fave of last) I'll submit it and the way these palettes are- it's super easy to change the main color in Palette Editor so any one who wants them thier way can easily have it. With Less than 3 minutes of editing: It took me about 1 min. to change from yellow to green just now.
  • Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

The one with the orange palatte just does not work for the portrait.  It looks like the clothes are rotting.  Pink's looks quite worn.  Really, that shading only looks good on Red and Brown where it's more subtle and on green where it gets the excuse of looking like camo.

Cheetah

What if you just change the color of the portrait's hair? No sprites have white hair unless they are old, and it would nice to see this sprite with a blond or brown hair. Or maybe you could make that part of the alternate palettes.
Current Projects:

Lijj

I wanted to avoid having to make this a huge project so in order to save a lot of time I went from blueish white hair to eggshell. If i were to do that now it'd be too much re- coloring due to the palette. Anyhow it's like the very original Red Mage with the white hair in tendrils. This was intended to be a quick side project and has already needed much more time than anticipated. To get blonde or brown version it'd be easier just to start with the original Setzer version and just fix the odd backwards hat etc.

fixed the orange and green a bit.
I don't mind; actually like the lite red one.

SilvasRuin

Those shades blend in much better.  Looks great.

Lijj

Thank You for pointing that out. Noticed The SPR. files 2nd palette was mixed up so re updated just now for the few who already downloaded. Get the proper version: Clik link
[s:2g6p0v2c]http://216.59.2.117/~zodiac/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=200&sid=8196987b0a5c89b7c9ddfcd3445318f7[/s:2g6p0v2c]

mav

Looks good. I think the palettes could use a little more diversity, but these color choices are okay. The orange one's portrait doesn't match the sprite though...

SilvasRuin

Ah, right, I was just looking to see if they blended better.  Looks like a more reddish version of the brown one.  In fact, the portraits would be easily mistaken for each other if you didn't have them right by each other.

Lijj

Okay, I'll make the orange's portrait more orange. I shouldn't have submitted it right away.

mav

Perfect. If you want, you can consider changing the arm colors on the second and fourth palette, but it's not too necessary. But take a look at the attachment for an idea:
[attachment=0:1ukuk555]temp.png[/attachment:1ukuk555]

Lijj

Looks great Mav.  I like that more, nice that works very well. I'll fix it one last time.
The cooler gray works well with the brown and light-red one. Tastefully done- can't wait to see what you post for palettes in Generic BMs!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clik link
[s:ayw80qsb]http://216.59.2.117/~zodiac/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=200&sid=88e0307f8601ae71827cba826bcf49bf[/s:ayw80qsb]