• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 06:38:10 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Psychology of a Sociopath

Started by MysticKnightFF5, December 27, 2010, 08:58:59 pm

MysticKnightFF5

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
So, what do you guys think? Should they be allowed to exist in our society? Are they cool, bad, good, hot? I know a few of you seem just like this x3

philsov

QuoteShould they be allowed to exist in our society?

I can't believe you asked that.  Yes.  Unequivocal yes.  Should I always help one out, be friends with one, employ one, work for one, or in any other way willfully interact with them?  No.  But they can, as a whole, still lead successful, happy, and contributing lives. 

The key here is defining what a real sociopath over people who have sociopathic qualities.  Because, honestly, everyone, at some point, exhibits some sociopathic behavior.  Even skipping through the horoscope-like and all-emcompassing blather that is 90% of that webpage is (and I'm being generous, if I fine-toothed it it'd probably be higher but I'd rather do other things) and focusing just on the DSM-IV definition is a load of excrement.

QuoteDiagnostic Criteria (DSM-IV)

1. Since the age of fifteen there has been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:
    A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.
    B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.
    C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.
    D. Repeated assaults on others.
    E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.
    F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.
    G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.

Someone who always drives 5 mph over the speed limit on the highway is, by this definition, a sociopath.  Oh noes.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kaijyuu

I only see driving 5 mph over the speed limit meeting two of those conditions, not three. Unless they caused a crash and rationalized it somehow, in which case they'd meet three, and would pretty obviously be a sociopath.

Most people are closet sociopaths, really. Just look at GIFT.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

QuoteI only see driving 5 mph over the speed limit meeting two of those conditions, not three.

Repeated arrest-worthy actions
Impulsive
Reckless

?

Tigerspike

I don't know anyone that's been arrested for driving 5 miles above the speed limit.  Cops rarely ticket speeding drivers for speed offences that small.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Kaijyuu

Driving 5 mph over the speed limit isn't impulsive. Impulsive is doing random things essentially for the lulz. Driving 30 mph over the speed limit for no real reason, that would be impulsive.
  • Modding version: PSX

VampragonLord

QuoteA. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.

repeatedly speeding could lead to arrest <.<
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

MysticKnightFF5

December 28, 2010, 09:08:53 pm #7 Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:13:38 pm by MysticKnightFF5
5 MPH over? I don't think they're even allowed to arrest for that. At least, every single person in my state does that, and they honk at anybody who doesn't.... *cry faces*
@pickle Awesome. You are now awesome, but be careful not to become one of those fucked up people.
Quote from: PhilsovI can't believe you asked that.  Yes.  Unequivocal yes.
I agree, but some people disagree, which is why I asked. I will assrape and murder those people, but yes. As for the DMVI or w/e, they're idiots, that much is clear. I wasn't even pointing at that. I was more pointing at this.
Quote from: Mcafee.ccOther Related Qualities:

1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
  2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
  3. Authoritarian
  4. Secretive
  5. Paranoid
  6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
  7. Conventional appearance
  8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
  9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
 10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
 11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
 12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
 13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
 14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
 15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

P.S. Note the words "based on". It is still for sociopaths. They are similar, mind you.

StarScythe

If there were ever a way to clearly tell who were full sociopaths from those that merely show tendencies, then yea, get rid of them. From a purely utilitarian point of view those individuals do little or nothing to further society as a whole, and more often then not are a detriment to society. But since there is no such method the point is moot.

Chrona

Well, this article is rather biased. It's basically saying "If you meet a person who lies to you CALL THE FUCKING FBI OMG"
Silver Noble

GeneralStrife

This had to have been made by a troll.

MysticKnightFF5

I enjoy how everybody says the information is biased, yet no proof against the information itself, just the provider.

philsov

I didn't say it was biased.

I said it was generalized.

It's seriously as accurate as a daily horoscope.

Btw, I'm a scorpio!

QuoteThursday, Dec 30, 2010
    Your personal charm and attractiveness has a positive effect on your career, reputation, or public image. People see you as a loving and lovable person and as someone who is aware of their needs and feelings, which can benefit you at this time. Others are willing to help and cooperate with your aims. Your interest in the arts or in promoting harmony and good will between people is brought out at this time.

omg its so true!