• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:04:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Random and DD battle suggestions - 32% Complete!

Started by philsov, April 11, 2010, 06:09:07 pm

philsov

a little of both, really.  I do want some fights to be epic special filled ??? people, and some more conceptual a la the Reflectors.

Actually, one thing I forgot to mention that I'll be amending to the front page... for the DD party size will be different.  2 floors for solo, 2 floors for doubles, 2 floors for triples, 2 floors for 4-man, and then finally 2 for a full squad.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

Uh...doesn't that add up to 13 floors? (No, superstition!)

Also, limited movement + random exits + one or two people only seems like a formula for trouble.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

philsov

er, typo >_>.

Anyways, controllable guests should fix coping with treasure and exit finding.

moreso the exit thing.  I can alter the treasure locations no problem.

The Damned

Ah, so you intend to have "Guests". I see....

So, should we recommend DD battles with Guests in mind then?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

philsov

nah.

the guests will only be present once per floor, on already slightly easier fights. They'll largely be high-health high-evasion semi-mobile unit with crap for skillset/PA/MA usuably only as meatshields and stopping blocks.

The Damned

By once per floor, I'm assuming you mean that the guests would only appear in one battle, correct?

Regardless, having finally solidified my basic changes to Summoner about an hour ago, I figure I will "share" one of my fight ideas for DD since our Summon Magics are going to be rather different:

• Esper Battle! OR Terra's Lament! - A rather basic idea, perhaps that being the reason why I'm willing to share it. It would basically be an all generic team of Summoners (unless you want to go out of your way to make a dummy class for Summoner with [slightly] higher stats) who each correspond to a particular Summon in the ability to use only that Summon (and perhaps some related abilities) and being like that summon by virtue of equipment and sex (where applicable). Since there are 16 Summons in the game and yet 11 would be the maximum amount of enemies allowed, I narrowed down the numbers by limiting it to Summons that have appeared in both FFT and another game, in this instance FF6. Another game can be used if desired since the "core" of the team usually stays the same as seen here: The Big Three (Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh), Titan, Bahamut and Odin generally all appear in the same games as each other with Carbunkle and Leviathan being some of the more frequent hangers-on. For instance, Leviathan doesn't appear in the original FF6 and Moogle, arguably, does. I would say that the less Summoners you have on the field, the more powerful they should individually be, though of course since you said you wanted "Epic ??? fights", you could just make them all ??? and it shouldn't be too ridiculous depending.

Speaking of equipment, now that the map problem is solved, lack of knowledge about your equipment is the biggest obstacle to suggesting stuff.

The Damned

Ugh, I hate double-posting (and breaking my neat 666 post count), but since the only thread in this forum that has been updated in the entire past week is the freaking title image thread (not that it's unimportant, but...really), I've no choice.

I also figured I'd post this here since there's a likelihood I won't use it myself since I've somewhat gotten rid of Dance (at least for females) and thus that I could forget it even though I think it's a neat idea:

• The Muses! OR Why is There no Muse of Battle? - I would picture this a Deep Dungeon fight, especially since I don't recall you saying that you changed Dancer, so your version could just whore Polka Polka, Disillusion, Nameless Dance and Last Song. Not that I would give all the Muses Dance ability even I was keeping Dance, but the sprite of the Dancers/Assassins is probably the most appropriate one them. At the very least, though, Terpsichore should have Dance. Not really sure how you would do Melpomene or Thalia, though.

Outside of that, I may have an idea for Volcano, but I'll probably use it myself (unchanged), so I'll try to think of something else. Although, again, it's rather difficult without any decisions on equipment. (Not trying to rush you. Just saying.)

Dokurider

Random Battle

Rescue Miluda

1x Dark Ramza
1x Dark Delita (or it's equivalent)
1x Holy Knight
1x Wizard
1x Priest
1x Archer

1x Female Knight Miluda (Friendly Guest)

Basically, redeem yourself by saving the ghost of Miluda from toments of living the last moments of her life over and over again.

The Damned

Even provided that you used the same sprite for the Holy Knight and the Knight (why is there a Holy Knight here again? Wouldn't Dark Delita already qualify?) that's 11 sprites (unless you make the Holy Knight, the Wizard, the Priest, the Archer AND Miluda use the female Knight sprite, which would just be confusing) when the max is 9 IIRC; I guess technically it would 10 sprites if you made sure that both the player Ramza and the AI Ramza were the same sprite.

Also, I can't remember for sure, but I think that philsov might also be using the unique Miluda sprite too.

Speaking of previous bosses, this is less a battle pitch than an overall pitch, but I was sort of wondering, philsov, if you were going to keep the poach items the same as 1.3. I vaguely remember talking with you about consolidating some of the items, but that may have either been with regards to Move-Find Item only or that may have been someone else like Eternal or formerdeathcorps.

I ask partly because I'm still playing FFXII (however slowly) and it's still giving me ideas, namely that you could perhaps get away with making some of the monsters in randoms "marks" that give you a definite item. Of course, these monsters would probably have to be ???? to make it at least somewhat challenging and perhaps prevent poaching "abuse"--now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if you can poach ??? monsters. It doesn't seem like you should be able to, but that's something else to test.

Regardless, just to keep in the spirit of this thread, I will pitch at least one idea:

• The Megabomb! OR What Do You Mean It's Not a Super Fighting Robot? - I seem to like desert areas a lot, yet I never give Bed Desert any love. So while this could go in either Zeklaus or Bed, I figure that Bed is the way to go unless you want to have the fight early (if you want to have it at all, of course). Anyway, as for the actual enemy combatants, I figure that 3 Cockatrices (or Juravis or...Steel Hawks? I forget right now), 2 Wizards, 1 Priest and one ??? Bomb (using the brightest Bomb sprite--I think Grenade is brighter than Explosive since I remember hating that) would be challenging enough. The Wizards should have Fire spells, of course, but they would doubtless need some ways of getting around Fire Shield (and other Fire-absorbing equipment, if you keeping things like Black Costume) whether in their set of Black Magic or if you give them fixed Secondaries. The Priest should have the Protect spells, Raise and perhaps Esuna and some Cures, but otherwise nothing special is "needed". Maybe give the three humans Monster Skill Support? IIRC, you haven't said anything about changing monsters from 1.3., so I'm just going to assume they have the same skills since that's what most people have done so far. Provided you go with the "mark" suggestion (yes, yes--I'm well aware the Megabomb in FFXII is merely Rare-Game and nothing more), the ??? Bomb should obviously drop some Fire related weapon that's either rare in poaches or doesn't show up in poaches or is possibly just expensive (for whatever point in the game that it would show up).

Nothing really much more to say than that at the moment. I haven't really been thinking about battles (or much related to FFT in general) as of late since I've just been kind of taking a break after finally getting all the equipment done.

Dokurider

QuoteEven provided that you used the same sprite for the Holy Knight and the Knight (why is there a Holy Knight here again? Wouldn't Dark Delita already qualify?) that's 11 sprites (unless you make the Holy Knight, the Wizard, the Priest, the Archer AND Miluda use the female Knight sprite, which would just be confusing) when the max is 9 IIRC; I guess technically it would 10 sprites if you made sure that both the player Ramza and the AI Ramza were the same sprite.

Also, I can't remember for sure, but I think that philsov might also be using the unique Miluda sprite too.

Oops, I meant regular Knight.

I keep forgetting about that 9 sprite limit. Well, I guess the Knight, Wizard, Archer, and Priest can just be Ultima or Archaic Demons instead.

efrate

I know nothing about hacking, but I'm an FFIV whore so the idea is good the specifics are up to you.  I also may bounce between FFT and FFT:WotL names as well

Lunarian Revenge DD Battle  All Enemies ???

Golbez: All Magic Skillset Summon Secondary (bahamut) Innate Short Charge, Half of MP, Magic Attck up, maintenence Reation :Counter Magic, Support Defense UP, Move Teleport  Best MA gear, shield and best mantle

FuSoYa: All Magic Skillset, Item secondary (elixir, remedy) Innate maintenence Magic attack up, short charge, defense up, reaction MP switch support concentrate move move mp up Best MA gear, best mantle, forced aegis shield?

KluYa: Undead Sword Saint, holy sword skill, secondary all magic innate maintenence, short-charge, attack up, magic attack up, reaction hp restore (if this doesn't damage undead) otherwise blade grasp/abandon, support concentrate, move move +3  excalibur, esch 2, best hat, armor, and genji gauntlet

Zemus : Black Magic primary, bio skills secondary (not sure which ones), innate Magic attack up, maintenence, short charge reaction counter magic, support half MP, move fly

Upon death if possible (like weigraf -> velius), change to Zeromous (pallete swapped hashmal sprite)
Skillset All magic, secondady whatever olans set is for galaxy stop, innate magic attack up, magic def up, def up, non-charge (is this available)?  or short charge reaction counter magic, counter (if possible, just counter magic otherwise), support martial arts, movement teleport 2

Just my 2 cents, I like the idea of an FFIV themed battle but idk what is really possible.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

philsov

custom skillsets are great and fine
custom jobs... probably not.
in-battle transformations aren't going to happen

all in all I can make it work though :)

LastingDawn

Quote from: "philsov"custom skillsets are great and fine
custom jobs... probably not.
in-battle transformations aren't going to happen

all in all I can make it work though :)

It would need to be scripted. Say you want a Paladin and Dark Knight Cecil. transformation. Set at 50% HP that Dark Knight Cecil's Unit ID switches to another Unit ID (think the Lucavi) that of Paladin Cecil and the battle continues on from there.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

jimmyjw88

So, it'll work like Lucavi? That's interesting; transformation of Cecil.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

The Damned

June 16, 2010, 09:35:53 pm #34 Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:40:54 pm by The Damned
Well, that's good to know.

Anyway, here's another throwaway idea:

• Plant Food! OR Damn! Why does it itch?! - I see this battle as being fit for any of wooded areas, though perhaps Araguay is the best since Sweegy and Yuguo are less...lively. Anyway, 2 Morbols/Marlboros and 4 Woodmen (preferably two of whichever ones have Spirit of Life) symmetrically flanking a female Geomancer with White-Magic Secondary, Non-Charge Support and a Flame Shield. I don't really care what she has otherwise, though you might want to make her Immortal.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"It would need to be scripted. Say you want a Paladin and Dark Knight Cecil. transformation. Set at 50% HP that Dark Knight Cecil's Unit ID switches to another Unit ID (think the Lucavi) that of Paladin Cecil and the battle continues on from there.

Would anything buggy happen if you managed to defeat Dark Knight Cecil before his HP dropped below 50%? Would anything buggy happen if he was revived (for whatever reason) as Dark Knight Cecil below 50% HP?

(Also, nice to see you around.)

LastingDawn

Quote from: "The Damned"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"It would need to be scripted. Say you want a Paladin and Dark Knight Cecil. transformation. Set at 50% HP that Dark Knight Cecil's Unit ID switches to another Unit ID (think the Lucavi) that of Paladin Cecil and the battle continues on from there.

Would anything buggy happen if you managed to defeat Dark Knight Cecil before his HP dropped below 50%? Would anything buggy happen if he was revived (for whatever reason) as Dark Knight Cecil below 50% HP?

(Also, nice to see you around.)

Not at all, even if you kill him, he is below 50% HP, all you have to do is make sure that the "must be alive" flag isn't activated in the sub-event.

Art of War

The Damned

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Not at all, even if you kill him, he is below 50% HP, all you have to do is make sure that the "must be alive" flag isn't activated in the sub-event.

So...he'll transform and then immediately die? Please forgive me if I fail to understand this right away; I haven't tested anything in like two months.

LastingDawn

Quote from: "The Damned"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Not at all, even if you kill him, he is below 50% HP, all you have to do is make sure that the "must be alive" flag isn't activated in the sub-event.

So...he'll transform and then immediately die? Please forgive me if I fail to understand this right away; I haven't tested anything in like two months.

Just like the Velius transformation, the Dark Knight unit would be Erased and a new unit, Paladin Cecil would appear in his place.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

Plants Vs Zombies
Fairly obvious.

Forest Fire or Bowling, Choose
3x Knights with axes
3x Wizards