• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:02:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Star Craft 2 Editor

Started by SentinalBlade, July 30, 2010, 06:18:43 pm

SentinalBlade

you guys mess with this shit yet?

Took me 6 hours to make an edit of a merc unit from campaign. Nothing is very straight forward, so i had to expirement.

To do this, i had to import the dependencies  by going to map-dependencies-libertystory.mod or something. This took me 2 hours. The reason? Because in the unit database, there is already a drop down box for the story and campagin units filters, so it shows only them...Why would that be an option, if new maps dont have these modules imported right away?

Well, next, it took me forever to make it do what i wanted it to do next. i wanted a new ability for the command center to deploy a siege tank in seige mode, but have it immobile...Well to do that, i made a copy of the ability "Calldown: Mule"...it worked fine, until i tried to change the unit "Mule" into my custom merc siege mode tank. Whenever i made changes, or tried to change the unit into my new one, it would add abilities to the ORIGINAL mule....Why would i duplicate/copy a unit, if i change something on one, and it also changes on the other? That took me 4 hours to realize that i can create a base ability "CEcreateUnit" and set the unit effect to spawn my siege tank.

It might not have took that long, if i didnt crash 17 times!...

I think im going to wait for them to increase stability for the editor before i ever start it up again.

Kaijyuu

Yeah the last thing anyone would call the editor is "user friendly."

It's ridiculously deep though. Get your head around it and you'll be cranking out ridiculous stuff in no time.
  • Modding version: PSX

SentinalBlade

Yea, im actually getting close to finished with the unit data for a map im making.

Basically, its a two player designed map. One player chooses Defense, the other one chooses to go on the offensive. The Defensive player is forced to defend the offensive player's unit producers and provide tactical support as the other player leads forth an onslaught. The defensive player gets things like wider arrays of turrets, bunkers, missile launchers to combat the varying waves of enemy forces, and can call down various field support units. The Defensive player's units are not allowed to leave the base though(Except for field support)

The offensive player gets a HUGE array of upgrades and unit advancement. Making it important for the two players to work in tandem, and the defensive player to learn field support that will compensate for the other's downfalls.

EDIT: btw, in just the time from my first post, until this one, i have a recorded number of 86 crashes in my logs

FFMaster

Questions -
Is there anything you can edit that you couldn't from WC3?
Are the triggers easier to make(compare to vJass if you know it)?
What about custom models/textures?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Archael

editor is stable as hell here

@ FFM

you can do anything in this editor

you could do FFT if you wanted, easy

then again I was a hardcore WC3editor (I even worked on Eul's DOTA wayyy back before allstars ripped it off)

I spent alot of time on thewarcenter.com

SentinalBlade

I just loaded the editor up, and it could not find the dependencies i used to make my custom units.. But it said they were still loaded. When i tried to remove them and re-add them to refresh them, it says they could not be removed, because my custom units had abilities and effects in use from the dependencies...but those abilities and parent IDs were missing from my custom units. they werent even visible, or clickable, they were just gone....

that is 37 hours of work near to completion and into testing phases....way down the drain.

@FFM, yea! its really indepth and complex, you can even mix and match pieces of other models and smack em onto another (i mounted a missle turret's rocker launchers onto a seige mode tank)

Also, there is a legacy option, i havent tried it yet...but from what the prompts indicated, you can import warcraft 3 and starcraft 1 maps and things and convert them into sc2 =)

Archael

Quote from: "SentinalBlade"I just loaded the editor up, and it could not find the dependencies i used to make my custom units.. But it said they were still loaded. When i tried to remove them and re-add them to refresh them, it says they could not be removed, because my custom units had abilities and effects in use from the dependencies...but those abilities and parent IDs were missing from my custom units. they werent even visible, or clickable, they were just gone....

<3 blizzard

Xifanie

Im in ur editor
takin up space
evn if u cant deletez me
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

KazeKasano

I've messed with the data for units a little bit. I'm currently trying to create a joke unit out of the Male Karak critter. My hope is to eventually make a map where you control several karaks in an attempt to rid their pack's homeland of the Zerg. I've made the unit controllable (and named him Jerry), but I can't seem to get him linked to a weapon. Anyone know how to link a weapon to a unit?
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.