• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

how to change jobwheel name+formation skillset name

Started by akatske, May 13, 2009, 06:40:46 pm

akatske

May 13, 2009, 06:40:46 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akatske
how would i go about changing the job wheel name and description, and also the formation skillset name in the world map. im finishing up a fully operation dark knight job class in place of bard class. but in the formation it always says bard, and the skillset is saying sing still. but in battle everything is working 100%. when im in the formation screen and i goto buy a new skill for the bard spot it shows my dark knight skills so thats working so thats good. just need the other 3 things then i can publish it.
here is the info on the dark knight
it takes the spot of the Bard
it takes lvl 8 knight, lvl 8 black mage, lvl 8 geo to unlock it
the skills are statis sword, dark sword, night sword, crush punch, power break, mind break

and the support skills are iffy--- still working on it, its to my likings but not sure what u guys would think

DarthPaul

May 13, 2009, 06:43:14 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
You would have to edit the world.bin image, along with others. As for the renaming use tactext and change bard every time it appears.

There should be tutorials for these, so why not look for them before you ask anymore questions.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

akatske

May 13, 2009, 06:50:50 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akatske
well considering i went through everything in the text editor. i changed everything that said bard, and the skillsets, i belive i only found i think 2 spots where it said skillset name. which i changed it from that to dark sword. and same thing goes for the bard to dark knight. i changed it also but it was more like 8-9 times i have to change it along with the job description.

is there any newer text editors for this. the only one i found that came with the patcher is the oldest one. that may be my problem.

DarthPaul

May 13, 2009, 06:57:50 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
You will have to get the newest version from melonhead if he is in the mood to give it out.

Check out chat and he may be able to help you.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

akatske

May 13, 2009, 07:03:46 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akatske
yea i figured that was my problem, it took me all day to figure out how to get the text edit and the patch to work fine. i figured i couldnt change the job wheel names and such but until i seen the sage class. which is the opposite and i fixed it, it would say it all fine in the job wheel and formation screen, but in the battle it would still be calculator and such. thanks