• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Are these skills possible?

Started by Disco_Peach, October 30, 2008, 12:10:00 am

The Damned

November 02, 2008, 03:29:07 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I'm pretty sure you could do that. All you would really have to do is mess around with Job Levels, possibly getting rid of the class simply by making it so that it requires a level of itself to unlock itself, and then mess around with ENTD, adding Mimes to the battle you want. You also have to make sure that the Mimes aren't immune to Invite.

I'm not sure what would happen if you Invited them, though, when it comes to being able to switch Jobs. Probably nothing too big since they would still be on the job wheel.

However, I'm not sure since I haven't even attempted to mess around with ENTD thus far. Maybe later on tonight since I don't think I'm going to be as busy as I planned (since I don't feel like going anywhere as per usual).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Disco_Peach

November 02, 2008, 05:04:51 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
well, I don't mind if the Mimes can learn other skills. I mean, all other special characters can change jobs.

Zozma

November 02, 2008, 05:16:55 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
does Zalbag's "Magic Ruin" have a different formula?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

November 02, 2008, 05:45:42 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I think so

Zalbag's Ruins are MA evadeable and MA boosts their %

Knight Breaks are PA based

BeoulveBlack

November 02, 2008, 09:58:37 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
the whole "broken" thing and the necessity of a katana in inventory are linked to those skills and not the formula...

The Damned

November 15, 2008, 09:04:47 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Speaking of "broken" things, there is currently no way to replace the Chemist, Samurai, and Ninja classes (and presumably Lancer and possibly Geomancer as well) without them glitching?

I ask because I finally came up with skills for all of my five new generics classes, but now three of them don't work entirely regardless of what I do in the Action Menu or what useable Skill Set I attempt to assign to three aforementioned classes.

It's immensely frustrating, especially since so far, 97% of the skills I've come up with work flawlessly.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

SentinalBlade

November 17, 2008, 08:29:39 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
that is aknown glitch, im actually trying to discover what causes it. if you set this skillset onto say...elmdor...it is glitchfree, its just generics that have the problem.

and yes its for lancer and geomancer as well.

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 03:46:36 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Lameness bordering on bed-ridden territory.

Anyway, also currently no way to move jobs in and out of the job wheel so that I/we don't have to deal with such bullshit right now, correct?