• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:54:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT's on iOS

Started by Dominic NY18, May 18, 2011, 08:53:42 pm

Eternal

Hard-coded usually means that it has to be a certain way because of hardware limitations, kind of like the FFT roster is hardcoded to only accept X amount of units. Hopefully that clears it up some- I'm terrible at explaining this. >_>
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Xifanie

Hard-coded has a very broad and inconsistent definition. It shouldn't be used; heck I never heard that one before.
Other definitions are:
- Stuff that you can't yet edit
- Stuff troublesome to edit
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

Another possible definition:

Something that bypasses the "regular" behavior and does something unique to suit its needs.

But yeah "hard coded" stuff isn't impossible to change, just generally more difficult than normal.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dominic NY18

So yeah, there was a recent update  (two actually). The second one added Retina Display support.

I think this screenshot speaks for itself:

Game still doesn't run like it should though...

Kagebunji

Wow, I like this, gives a fresh feeling to it. Though our HD portraits are still better, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

I believe their HD portraits were just run through a filter. Your hand done ones are at least generally better Kage. I still would like these all ripped so we could use them as avatars.
Current Projects: