• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War 2.03 & TLWotL FAQs

Started by 3lric, September 28, 2019, 08:59:34 am

JayP

I see the slots for learning Zodiac on summoner and Ultima on squire, but it looks like there are extras? Two additional slots for squire, one for monk and one for thief? Is there somewhere I can find information about that?

Absolutely love your mod, it's top to bottom awesome work!
  • Modding version: WotL

JayP

Did you guys add the 5x calculator random fight in the Lenalian Plateau? That was really surprising, I recruited them all :-D fortunately they didn't have any high level skills or I'd have been in some real trouble!

3lric

Quote from: JayP on December 11, 2021, 07:27:09 amDid you guys add the 5x calculator random fight in the Lenalian Plateau? That was really surprising, I recruited them all :-D fortunately they didn't have any high level skills or I'd have been in some real trouble!

What?? That's not a thing, or at least it shouldn't be...
  • Modding version: PSX

Daykeras

Quote from: Elric on December 11, 2021, 09:04:23 pmWhat?? That's not a thing, or at least it shouldn't be...

It's a rare battle in that location in Vanilla. You can also fight Calculators in Voyage in the Deep Dungeon
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Daykeras on December 12, 2021, 12:00:00 amIt's a rare battle in that location in Vanilla. You can also fight Calculators in Voyage in the Deep Dungeon

If it's vanilla, then im confused what you are asking... We didnt change anything vanilla.

JayP

Quote from: Elric on December 11, 2021, 09:04:23 pmWhat?? That's not a thing, or at least it shouldn't be...

Yessir, third playthrough of Lion War latest patch, running around collecting all of the proposition treasures. Happened twice in a row for me. Lenalia plateau, approached from the south, 5x not very capable calculators. I don't remember seeing that in vanilla, thought you guys might have added it.

Mustidio

December 14, 2021, 10:56:08 am #46 Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:16:07 am by Mustidio Reason: Fixed
Hey new to the moding thing and I have just unlocked ashley and dark knight. My Questions is both of them dont have there abilities ashley is just a holy knight and dark knight has yin yang magic did i not do something correctly or is there more modding to be done to get them there real abilites. Thanks for anyone that can help.

Update NVM lol i realized I actidently patched over things all fixed now

Anthares

Quote from: Elric on September 28, 2019, 08:59:34 amWhat are the requirements to unlock the Dark Knight job?
Level 8 Knight & Level 8 Wizard.

It didn't work! I have both on level 8 and still no dark knight on the board! T_T

Is Ramza elegible for DK job?

3lric

Quote from: Anthares on December 20, 2021, 10:33:53 amIt didn't work! I have both on level 8 and still no dark knight on the board! T_T

Is Ramza elegible for DK job?

if you have a bug to report, do it in the right thread... Ramza can become a Dark Knight perfectly fine.

VoiceChatty

Concerning the Agrias Birthday event stat bonuses:

• Does the permanent stat bonus continue to scale with Agrias as she levels up? For example: If Agrias received the stat bonus at level 25 and leveled in the same class to 99, would she have the same bonus as if she received the stat bonus and leveled in said class at level 99?
  • Can you stack multiple instances of the stat bonus across NG+ playthroughs, or is it a one time bonus?

Really enjoying TLW! About to finish my first run, getting ready for NG+. Thanks for everything!
  • Discord username: VoiceChatty

Nyzer

The way stats work in FFT, a 10% buff does indeed scale with further levels.

Yes, you can keep getting the buff with further playthroughs.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

KenoattX

Is there a way to import a standard psx save file?

3lric

Quote from: KenoattX on April 13, 2022, 10:29:21 amIs there a way to import a standard psx save file?

Saves from other versions of the game will not work on TLW

scbw1234

May 10, 2022, 05:46:36 am #53 Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 07:24:37 pm by scbw1234
Is there any chance in the future you guys could give an option for implementing the WoTL translation? Or does this patch compatible with FFT Complete?

3lric

Quote from: scbw1234 on May 10, 2022, 05:46:36 amIs there any chance in the future you guys could give an option for implementing the WoTL translation? Or does this patch compatible with FFT Complete?

Its not compatible with FFTC. This mod is way too large for it to be compatible with that.

But yes, you will get to play the most terrible translation of a game ever written in about a month or so, whenever I finish up TLWotL.

Volcannon

Am I to assume that you have to be in Act IV in order to get the Agrias Birthday scene to happen or can it be done earlier?

bee

1. Does "TLWotL" stand for "The Lion War of the Lions"?
2. If so, that is hilarious. (this is not a question, I suppose...)
3. Is TLWotL just the translation, or are there any other differences to TLW?
🐝

3lric

Quote from: bee on May 20, 2022, 05:20:56 pm1. Does "TLWotL" stand for "The Lion War of the Lions"?
2. If so, that is hilarious. (this is not a question, I suppose...)
3. Is TLWotL just the translation, or are there any other differences to TLW?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Translation, Zodiac Calendar, Skill cost changes, everything in tactext updated, alazlams speech updated and aligned, etc.

hidralisco

Quote from: Elric on May 10, 2022, 08:32:38 pmIts not compatible with FFTC. This mod is way too large for it to be compatible with that.

But yes, you will get to play the most terrible translation of a game ever written in about a month or so, whenever I finish up TLWotL.
Thank you very much for this. I know you're not a fan of the WotL translation, but I truly appreciate you took the time to make a patch for those who do enjoy it.
Now is the winter of our discontent

scbw1234

Quote from: Elric on May 10, 2022, 08:32:38 pmIts not compatible with FFTC. This mod is way too large for it to be compatible with that.

Is your new project TLWotL based on PSP version or PSX version?

PS: I think I can take the translation, what I find unbearable is actually the sound effect of PSP version, its a immersion breaker for me