• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Can I do these things with Event Editing?

Started by Timbo, December 02, 2013, 05:25:03 pm

Timbo

Can I do these things with Event Editing?

1. Recreate the FMV sequences from War of the Lions, using sprites and probably lots of compromises?
2. Create events and battles that start by listening to rumors at the bar?
3. Recreate the Agrias' Birthday sequence(See the spoiler box below for how it works.)?
In order to see this event, the player has to keep Agrias, Alicia, Lavian, and Mustadio in their party. If Ramza and his party reach a city or a town, but not a castle town, on the 1st of Cancer, Mustadio buys Agrias the Tynar Rouge lip rouge for her birthday, and hints at a hidden affection for her. It costs 50,000 gil, but the player must have at least 500,000 gil to activate this quest. This event is found exclusively in the PSP version.

4. Add new events without deleting old ones?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

1. I'm not familiar with those, but I don't see why not
2. You can add something to the rumor's text that makes a variable activate, which you can then use to trigger an event at that location via World Map Instructions. But that's touching stuff few people have knowledge about.
3. I haven't tried importing the event myself to test it, nor have I looked into the World Map Instructions being used to trigger it... but I'm guessing they hardcoded the conditions just like they hardcoded Dark/Onion Knight requirements. I doubt it's possible in the vanilla PSX version.. might be possible partially, but fully I really doubt.
4. There are plenty of TEST.EVT slots
World Map Instructions are already at their limit (you have to work with the size vanilla provides), those are required for "Trigger event at location" or "Draw path/location on World Map" and a couple other things.
ATTACK.OUT scenario IDs 0x1E0 to 0x1F4 are free... which is enough for 10 non-battle events (you could even sacrifice the tutorial events)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pride

1) Sure.
2) This is already present in vanilla, Colliery for example, but you'd need to learn a couple more skills such as world map conditions and how to activate variables through text. Jot5 does this.
3) I don't think giving the item is possible under current methods (asm) but the conditions to trigger are completely possible.
4) RoR would know better but I'm fairly sure vanilla had some free event space.

Edit: totally possible xiffy, the unique conditions are even the psx code :p
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Timbo

So, I add world map battles, but I could modify the end of an existing event to "warp" to another event. Could I add a battle event this way?

3lric

You'd need to modify the attack.out to allow this as well, but the short answer is yes.
Although very little of this would be event editing, this is more Attack.out.

Eventually you need to start DOING and playing with some of these
things though.. Otherwise you will never understand how they work O_o

Timbo

I'm just wrapping my head around the various limitations today for planning purposes. I intend to finish my new patch without events first, then I'll be all over learning events. I have a child now and she demands a lot of time my time first so I have to do my work in phases in order to complete it. Events will follow once I have the basic system completed. I'll probably make you crazy with questions then.

Edit: I almost forgot to thank you guys for answering my questions. Xifanie, Pride, and Elric, I thank you.