• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:25:25 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Illegal physical address?

Started by yamish, February 02, 2020, 07:40:27 pm

yamish

After finally fully setting up my mod, i went to playtest. It either crashes when attempting to load the orbonne battle, or gets stuck on the Now Loading screen, depending on the emulator.

Psxfin tells me:
translate_address: illegal physical address 0408e034
translate_address: illegal physical address 05902c00
r3000: execute illegal opcode ffffff00
translate_address: illegal physical address 012c33fc

right before crashing.

Can any of you asm literate folks help me make sense of this?

Applied ASMs: ARH, ALMA (working together on test runs)
Synthesis Shop (first test run with it in the mix)
global c-ev
undead ignore Phoenix down
undead revive chance
Speed shortens CT
Wall does nothing and ai attacks walled units
Wall becomes mist
All formulas apply elemental v2
Formula 11 becomes ma*(wp+y)
Choto mime redesign
Auto potion ignores x potion slot
Death sentence ignore cancel dead
Xifanies monster skill disabled
Dragon abilities target all monsters
Edit: also the item workbook: battle graphics, weapon formulas, critical hit rate, equip x

I have also done some sprite changes in shishi of generics. Would this impact event loading? I pasted over what was already there, so the sprite "name" didn't change.

My only event edit is the gariland battle. Added lines to open up fur shop early.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Xifanie

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, my first guess is that something broke with the Synth Shop sheet and it created a broken .xml patch, I would investigate that first to see if anything is weird inside of it.

What I'd recommend is patching the base stuff, i.e. FFTPatcher and Tactext, and see if that runs.
Make a backup of your ISO. Restore whenever you're going to test other ASM hack combinations.
Then test half the ASM hacks. If the game crashes, test half of those and go on until you find the culprit.

That's just how I would do it anyway. I think just the bigger hacks are likely to screw things up though, like ARH/ALMA/Synth Shop/Mime Redesign. A bad ISO would do it too.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

I'll start trial and erroring combos of shit until i peg it. Thanks for the reply. Really hope it isnt the synth shop.

3lric

yes, definitely post your findings, but at the same time, did you not use the conflict checker in orgASM? I'm almost certain that a few of these hacks will conflict

Xifanie

It is possible not to? The newest version of FFTOrgASM has it as an innate skill.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

February 03, 2020, 07:23:05 am #5 Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:24:52 am by yamish
I checked. But that doesn't mean I didn't miss something. Wouldn't be the first time. I should be able to post findings this evening. So far i can confirm it's not anything in patcher, shishi, the event edit, or a couple smaller asms. Will update when i can more thoroughly go through it tonight

Edit: while I don't know what all the error messages meant, the culprit was the AI attacks transparent units ASM (which i forgot to list above). I'm not sure why, but in pieces it works. But when applying all of the ASMs, it breaks if AI Attacks Transparent Units is in the mix.