• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:31:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hard coded Job work around?

Started by SolidSnakeDog, February 03, 2010, 07:26:01 pm

SolidSnakeDog

Changing a hard coded job skill set to an other one and using it proprely?
Exemple : Changing *Charge to something esle like Battle skills* And the archet can use the knight skill set istend of charge and can use other skills with no glitches.

Is that possible?

SilvasRuin

Change the type of the Archer's skillset to normal instead of Charge and it should be editable without glitches.  It's only certain jobs that are very resistant to changes.  Geomancer, Ninja, Dragoon, Mime, and maybe one other I'm forgetting.

formerdeathcorps

Technically you can make an attack-only berserker out of mime with little trouble.  Just set berserk to innate and give him equip change as innate.  Since berserk triggers only after the unit is targeted by the enemy, you can briefly retain control of your mime/berserker and equip things (including clothing and weapons, if you flag those).  However, anything equipped will be permanently lost after the battle (and weapons are lost immediately after use).

(In fact, it works even better since a berserk mime can't imitate actions, so unless someone removes the status effect, you have a less-glitched new class.)
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Vanya

Now I have to ask myself what this has to do with this topic?
You should post this over at the job discussion thread.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯