• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT - Project: Bahamut Sample Video

Started by Paheej, January 27, 2010, 04:11:08 am

Paheej

So I've actually got a small sample video to share about my mod!  Mainly I was just testing out how to make gameplay videos.  The guides seemed to work fine!

Dome

A simple but still nice personal patch
Keep up the good work! (I suggest you to list all the change that you have already done and the one that you plan to do,maybe in a spoiler)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

mav

Interesting stuff. Hopefully this job isn't super broken or anything like that. Regardless though, I wouldn't mind hearing more about your project. Good luck.

Samuraiblackbelt

I agree with Dome, unless you do something to make this worth playing it's more a personal patch than anything. If you gave it a new storyline or new battles and balanced out the classes it may be more worth it.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

formerdeathcorps

I'd like to know more about your changes, but it seems your lunar knight needs more balance (as in MP costs or evasion costs on ex-dark knight skills).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Paheej

February 08, 2010, 10:49:17 pm #5 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:58:41 pm by Paheej
As requested.  Besides these lists items have also been rebalanced (ex. Heavy armor gives +50% more HP than before) and storyline battles have also been made harder.  Currently working on Deep Dungeon and random encounters.

Assembly and Hex Edit Hacks
  • Crossbow formula becomes WP*WP
  • Instrument, Dictionary, and Cloth formulas become MA*WP
  • Float weak against Wind; Oil weak agaisnt Fire
  • Special characters can do propositions
  • Mighty Sword ignores equipment presence and hits monsters
  • Poison damage from 1/8*MaxHP to 1/4*CurrentHP
  • Equip Crossbow allows both crossbows and bows
  • Weapon Guard Innate to all
  • Increase Jump Damage by 3/2 regardless of weapon
  • Axes and Flail damage becomes (Rdm {0...PA-1}+PA)*WP
  • Dash and Throw Stone Knockback 100%

Monsters
All monsters have had their HP Multiplier increased by approximately 20%.  Tier 3 monsters have had their HP Multiplier increased by roughly 50%.
  • Chocobos: Increased Movement, Increased MA Multiplier, All Have Choco Esuna Base
  • Goblins:[/b] Increased Class Evade, Revamped Abilites (Steal)
  • Bombs:[/b] Attack UP Innate
  • Panthers:[/b] Increased Class Evade, Tier 3 Improved Abilites, Improved Beastmaster Abilites
  • Mindflayers:[/b] Improved Move, Teleport Innate, Counter Magic Innate, Revamped Skills
  • Skeletons:[/b] Arrow Guard Innate, Improved Abilites
  • Ghouls:[/b] Improved Move, Damage Split
  • Flotiballs:[/b] Immune Petrify, Wind Weakness, Half Earth, Increased Class Evade, Improved Abilities
  • Hawks:[/b] Improved Movement, Improved and Altered Skillset
  • Trees:[/b] Altered Skillset, Improved Abilities, Always Regen, Tier 3 has Defend Up Innate
  • Minotaurs:[/b] Improved Abilities, Meatbone Slash Innate, Defend Up Innate
  • Morbol:[/b] Altered Skillset, Move-HP Up Innate
  • Behemoths:[/b] Altered Skillset, Improved Abilities, Defend Up Innate, Magic Defend Up Innate
  • Dragons:[/b] Improved Abilities, Defend Up Innate, Magic Attack Up Innate
  • Tiamats:[/b] Improved Abilities, Attack Up Innate, Hamedo instead of Counter

Classes
All classes saw a roughly 20% increase in HP.  Other class specific changes are also listed here.
  • Archer - Innate Concentrate, better Jump, Improved Charges
  • Bard - Increased PA Multiplier and MA Multiplier, Improved Songs
  • Chemist - Increased MA Growth, Lower JP Cost Skills
  • Dancer - Improved Movement, Jump, and Class Evade, Improved Dances
  • Lancer - Innate Ignore Height, Increased PA Multiplier
  • Mediator - Utilize Books, Innate Immunities (Invite, Confusion, Berserk, and Charm), Increased MA Multiplier, Improved Talk Skill
  • Monk - Utilize Hats, Chakra and Revive +1 Vertical Range
  • Oracle - Innate Defense Up, Increased MA Growth, Massively Improved Ying Yang Magic
  • Priest - Innate Magic Defend Up, Increased MA Growth, Improved Spells
  • Squire - Innate Monster Skill, Lost Defend
  • Summoner - Innate Half MP, Faster Spells, Increased MA Growth, MA Multiplier, and MP Multiplier
  • Thief - Utilize Crossbows, Innate Poach, Increased Speed Multiplier, Improved Steal
  • Time Mage - Innate Short Charge, Increased MA Growth, Improved Spells
  • Wizard - Innate Arcane Strength, Increased MA Growth, Lower MA Multiplier, Improved Spells
  • Calculator - Changed to Lunar Knight
  • Knight - Innate Defend, Improved Battle Skill
  • Geomancer - Utilize Flails, Innate Attack UP, Improved Geomancy
  • Samurai - Innate Two Hands, Increased PA Multiplier, Improved Skills

formerdeathcorps

Does wizard really need more MA, considering you gave them innate MagicAttackUP (which means your wizards now have that with short charge)?  Black Magic/Summon with a black robe and MA gear seems even more destructive now.
Time Mage could use more MA, but status magic is far more dependent on faith.  I personally prefer a speed boost or MP, but it's your patch.
Also, did you rebalance the magical guns to be stronger than the stone gun or more available?  Unless you did that, it seems rather odd to boost MA Growth to chemist since they could only make good use of it in Chapter 4 and the stone gun is still better.

Otherwise, this looks good.  Although I didn't use class specializations for my patch, I like the idea.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Paheej

Poaching allows access to much better equipment and all the upper tier guns can be acquired with it.  The MA Growth on chemists is boosted because the earliest levels the most in regards to stat growth, and Chemists are on the Magic path.

If spells are listed as "Improved Spells" then they have had an increase in not only speed but also %hit and/or damage healed/cured.  Which means magic users stay strong mid-game but don't fall off as hard late game.

akwikone

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Also, did you rebalance the magical guns to be stronger than the stone gun or more available?  Unless you did that, it seems rather odd to boost MA Growth to chemist since they could only make good use of it in Chapter 4 and the stone gun is still better.

Magic guns don't use MA, they use the WP of the gun as the MA for the spell they cast, they are effected by faith and magic attack up though.

Paheej

Two more videos, messing around with getting both sound and mic recording at the same time.  Of course I get owned while fighting this one out but whatever.

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Nocat

Anyone else fiending for more info about this?

Paheej

Ohhhhh, I have more information finally.  Actually a release:

http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=60

Its only a beta and is just the entire modified ROM; only things left are rebalancing after feedback and doing the Deep Dungeon encounters.  I'll make a patch file and everything after a short beta period.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Paheej"Ohhhhh, I have more information finally.  Actually a release:

http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=60

Its only a beta and is just the entire modified ROM; only things left are rebalancing after feedback and doing the Deep Dungeon encounters.  I'll make a patch file and everything after a short beta period.

So what did you actually change from vanilla in this beta?  Everything you mentioned above, or just some subset of it?  It's hard for me to play a hack on faith value without at least knowing some of the changes.  Plus, it helps us all catch bugs and design flaws.

Paheej

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"So what did you actually change from vanilla in this beta?  Everything you mentioned above, or just some subset of it?  It's hard for me to play a hack on faith value without at least knowing some of the changes.  Plus, it helps us all catch bugs and design flaws.

All of that mentioned above including a new speed growth system, a ton of random encounters, rebalancing of characters, and revamped storyline battles.  I'll get a changelog up soon, but I had to put an upload up for some testers and figured I'd put the link up here also in case anyone was interested.

johnmyster

Pretty fun patch, I like the slight alterations, such as support abilities for each class automatically, and shorter spell charge times. So far I like the added MA to most mage classes (though I've only used Priest myself). The sprite color changes are easy on the eyes and add a bit of pleasant variety since I have played through FFT several times just in the past year.

The armor may a bit overpowered, you may or may not want to making its strength 175% or so of the normal values instead of 200% (or atleast I think that's about what you changed it to), though I admit the extra HP is real nice. It just depends on how the added HP balances out with all of the other options a character has. Perhaps the strengthened magic will somewhat counteract this once more mages show up in story battles, especially since all of my characters have 63+ faith. I haven't used Yin Yang magic yet, but the increased AOE for most spells in the set should be fun to see.

The first few battles were challenging, though now that my party is built up a bit to level 4-5 I found Zeklaus Desert pretty easy. I'm hoping the challenge will pick up towards the end of Chapter 1. I'm not expecting 1.3 difficulty, and I don't like to be forced to do random battles just to win story battles, but I appreciate a strong difficulty curve. I will probably keep playing this patch for a while, and I will update my thoughts on the patch after I play through it some more, there are still many, many things I haven't seen or tested out this early in the game. All in all, a fun patch so far, I hope you continue to work on it!  :D
  • Modding version: PSX
FFT Proper v1.10 released 10/28/17!
Proper Rebalances, ramps up difficulty, and adds variety to battles.

MagiusRerecros

Actually, I noticed that in the original (or maybe 1.3... I forget) Bolt 2 used less MP than Fire 2 and Ice 2
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Paheej

Quote from: "johnmyster"Pretty fun patch, I like the slight alterations, such as support abilities for each class automatically, and shorter spell charge times. So far I like the added MA to most mage classes (though I've only used Priest myself). The sprite color changes are easy on the eyes and add a bit of pleasant variety since I have played through FFT several times just in the past year.

The armor may a bit overpowered, you may or may not want to making its strength 175% or so of the normal values instead of 200% (or atleast I think that's about what you changed it to), though I admit the extra HP is real nice. It just depends on how the added HP balances out with all of the other options a character has. Perhaps the strengthened magic will somewhat counteract this once more mages show up in story battles, especially since all of my characters have 63+ faith. I haven't used Yin Yang magic yet, but the increased AOE for most spells in the set should be fun to see.

The first few battles were challenging, though now that my party is built up a bit to level 4-5 I found Zeklaus Desert pretty easy. I'm hoping the challenge will pick up towards the end of Chapter 1. I'm not expecting 1.3 difficulty, and I don't like to be forced to do random battles just to win story battles, but I appreciate a strong difficulty curve. I will probably keep playing this patch for a while, and I will update my thoughts on the patch after I play through it some more, there are still many, many things I haven't seen or tested out this early in the game. All in all, a fun patch so far, I hope you continue to work on it!  :D

Haha, this reply is late as hell but glad you noticed some of the changes.  Been away on assignments for the US Government for a little but I'm now back in town for a few months before being shipped out next spring.  I'll give some updates in the next few days.  Our goal was to create something that made FFT more epic for the familiar player (think something akin to the upgrade from PSOne to PSP versions) than a complete overhaul to a hardcore style like 1.3 - which is cool but a bit too difficult/painful for us that play FFT once or twice a year post 2000.