• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

need help choosing the right mod for me

Started by demonwk, April 03, 2020, 02:58:06 am

demonwk

hi everyone. i thought of replaying this game after years and i somehow found this site and was wondering i any1 could direct me to mod where i get the old experience with better translations and some fixes ? (i mean a mode where nothing changed and only fixed keeping the old experience the same)
cant wait to play this again =D
  • Modding version: PSX

Ansehelm

Howdy,
Eh, what's the point of playing a mod "where nothing changed"?  You always have vanilla, or something like the newly released Lion War, which is basically vanilla with some WoTL content and events. Maybe start there? If I recall, FFT+ was decent and didn't change too much.
Looking around, I find FFT Complete, which claims to do most of what you're asking for, but ironically, I'm not sure whether it's...complete.

3lric

Quote from: Ansehelm on April 14, 2020, 09:58:15 pmHowdy,
Eh, what's the point of playing a mod "where nothing changed"?  You always have vanilla, or something like the newly released Lion War, which is basically vanilla with some WoTL content and events. Maybe start there? If I recall, FFT+ was decent and didn't change too much.
Looking around, I find FFT Complete, which claims to do most of what you're asking for, but ironically, I'm not sure whether it's...complete.

Plus is broken and Complete is as complete as it is going to be. But that mod isnt about fixes

demonwk

thank you for answering. i think what i meant was the complete version (all i wanted is good translations and having all the content from both tactics and wotl. wotl also changed a few names and job names which idk why bothers me a bit).

i was looking at the guides on the site but it all looks so complicated. is there any portable folder i could download to get the game allready modded ? if not maybe a simple guide on how to get everything ready ?
thanks again for the help much appreciated.

Bonesy

The Lion War is probably a good bet. Can't give you a portable folder, the game is copyrighted material.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

demonwk

is there any simple guide on how to properly install the complete version ? the guide on the complete version forum seem complicated to a noob like me but if not ill try to make that work x)

Orkney

Hi,

Get PPF-o-matics on this page (choose the win or mac version)

Download TLW patch here (i'm  currently enjoying it, vanilla flavor with some very nice new stuff)

And patch your ISO : It's very simple. Open PPF-o-matics, fill the 2 fields (patch and ISO) and click on apply. Done.
Here's you can find a tuto

Open the patched ISO with an emulator and enjoy.