• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Anomaly regarding Faerie Shoes (FFTA2)

Started by Edea, March 18, 2019, 03:32:47 pm

Edea

Using an emulator, I went into the random clan battle vs. House Bowen in Sant D'alsa Bluff, and forgot to bring a unit with flight capability.  So I just went into the RAM and plopped some Faerie Shoes on one of my units, and then next turn had them go over there to grab the urn in the far right corner (the one with Ragetsu-denbu in it).

Here's the really weird thing, though; I went back into the RAM and took the Shoes off, expecting the unit to be able to teleport for that one turn before going back to normal (as I wanted them off that isolated area where the urn was).  Well, they were able to teleport, but they didn't use the long animation to do so.  They blinked in and out instantly, just like a Ghost unit.

I know that this was a desirable animation to play for Faerie Shoes compared to the longer one, and it seems entirely possible to potentially swap it out given what I just saw.  I'm mostly curious 1.) Where in the RAM the movement data gets stored at the start of each turn, and 2.) where the routine might be that checks item property IDs (specifically Shoes).  Has anyone tried putting $44 (the 'Move by teleportation' property) on a non-Shoe piece of equipment to see if the same animation plays?