• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Shade

(enemy knight evasion)10% front E, 12% shield E, 7% accessory E
My ramza has blind, and then I look at my chance to hit enemy from front, it was 37%.
Is this on purpose?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Celdia

Since Raven answered this in better detail in chat I'll just post his explanation here for anyone else that has a similar question.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz
[13:10] <RavenOfRazgriz> 100 - (100*.10) = 90 - (90*.12) = 80 - (80*.07) = 75 - (75*.50) = 37
[13:10] <RavenOfRazgriz> It increases A-EV by 50% because it's meant to divide BASE accuracy by 2
[13:10] <RavenOfRazgriz> Instead of doubling the target's end evasion.
[13:10] <RavenOfRazgriz> With the hack
[13:11] <RavenOfRazgriz> It is a bit much for a 50 divide personally but it is working as intended

Twinees

Quote from: Celdia on June 19, 2011, 09:34:01 am
@Twin: You sound so thrilled to play CCP. :P  Also, is that new avatar supposed to be Dart?

Yeah I haven't really seen too many of the skills and their advantages so it will be (mostly) all new. I think ive only played a few stages of CCP when it was at 1.3... and stopped because it wasn't finished :P. I won't be able to play CCP for a few days... but I'll get around to it.

Yes the new avatar is Dart, i thought it needed a redo. It has a few problems here and there still :P.
(Sorry Kage, you weren't on when I was making this)

I will have to make you a new avatar soon ;D.

GeneralStrife

TWIN! I KNOW there has to be a counterpart to celdia's sexy avatar hahaha

Shade

Guardian sword innated equip armor and equip shield aren't working(don't know about weapon guard, haven't tested).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Celdia

Noted. Adding to the Known Issues list. Flashy Costume will also not give the Innate: Equip Spear it seems.

Kagebunji

New whips coming right up. Also posted the old ones, so you can compare or w/e. Hopefully it is not bad. I used flails' space and palette, so it should all work, but you never know.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Posting a v1.91 update to fix the mechanical issues of v1.9. I'll do an aesthetic update sometime later. For now I'm just worried about gameplay.

Since this update is going up without any testing, I will be leaving the original v1.9 posted just in case v1.91 is completely bugged and doesn't work at all. At this point, I'm not discounting any possibilities.

Wiz

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

June 20, 2011, 10:19:52 pm #231 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:28:12 pm by GeneralStrife
I have definately got to download this after watching Wiz's video. although idk if that armor he was talking about or whatever is game breaking

Celdia

He's not and its something I fixed as soon as I realized I didn't put the right gear on Ramza at the start. Wiz managed to grab the first version of the patch I uploaded before I could fix it. Ramza should be starting with a Training Vest with everything set properly.

GeneralStrife

Great! this should be really refreshing with all the new skills and items and such

Celdia

It looks like this version is going to be another headache release for me like 1.8 was with new fixes on a daily basis. There were a couple small things that I felt could be addressed maybe later but then I found out that Crowns were accessible on all Female units again because I had one ASM hack that overwrote another and that will completely fuck up the whole intended balance of classes and items if those are too widely available. Thus, we have another near-immediate update in the form of v1.92. Since everything else I installed with v1.91 doesn't seem to be killing the patch I will be removing the previous versions with the new update.

GeneralStrife

It'll be okay Celdy!

I lol'd when I read Ramza's job. You're the protagonist!

Celdia

Thanks, GS.

I need to put more little bits into the patch. That might be my favorite thing in there.

TigerKnee

Hi. I registered just to post.

I was looking forward to the patch because it was a huge change to the game that was actually doable because you weren't doing anything like making new storylines or etc that would take forever to accomplish, so good job on completing the patch!

That being said, I'm having trouble actually enjoying it because... I'm stuck on Dorter Trade City. Which is weird because I completed the original game a couple of times so I shouldn't be sucking that bad.

Here are my thoughts so far.

Monstary: Kind of cool that you can control all the character, because the random starting abilities give you a taste of the new abilities to come. Though I think it would be almost impossible if you couldn't since the new enemy setup is WAY better than "a bunch of knights"

Gariland: Without Chemists you definitely have less ability to win a war of attrition. My Homemaker got Sugary Candy which I really didn't want in favour of Cafe while my Cook got Slice and Dice which is a random damage move which... I also don't like. I barely won this battle without anyone crystallizing for some reason. Probably because the enemy cook does surprising damage with the skillet and got lucky with sleep procs.

Mandalia Plains: Nothing out of the ordinary for this fight.

Sweegy Woods: Is there something wrong with the level scaling? I swear the enemies here are like 3-4 levels above you in the story battle. I dread the story battle on Finath river with the Chocobos now.

Dorter: I'm kind of stuck here because apparently storyline battle scales to level like in 1.3? Enemy Nomads are equipped with 5-range Longbows rather than Shortbows and they already start in good positions, while MY nomad has 2 movement and only a 4 range crossbow. The 100+ hp champions don't really help and the enemy red mage apparently has Heal all.

I'm not sure if I want to try to sandbag this mission by having everyone be Alchemists or if there's some other more simple way to beat this map.

Current class feelings:
Warrior: Charge is a really bad skillset. I don't know whether I would stay in it for 900 JP just to get Speed Save, which seems to be the only decent ability it has.

Homemaker: I don't like Sugary Candy though it's basically the Accumulate of CCP and I generally hope my starter gets Cafe instead. I got Flash Freeze and then suddenly realize I don't have the mana to cast it without blowing my entire MP pool so that's silly of me.

Cook: Slice and Dice is random damage so... also I haven't mentioned to cancel anything with Frozen meatball yet. Behemoth Steak is okay for an Accumulate that can target another but it's no Yell (though Yell is overpowered anyway).

Red Mage: Ice and Water gets used very often (goblins and bombs are weak to them). I never used Fire because I don't think it's impossible to "preview" how much damage it does, while Lightning seems to deal too little damage most of the time. Cure doesn't really seem usable unless you set up a good zodiac compatibility triangle going with your characters.

Stone Strike is weird because the range is so low you'll always hit yourself with it, and you need to wait for the enemy to come to you, then cast and run from the blast radius.

Champion: Better than vanilla Knights I guess. The first healing move is really low though, unless you have good/best compatibility. The rest of the skills are a bit too expensive for my champion to use right now, except the Regen one.

Nomad: 2 move is... really crippling. For you. Especially since they can't wear shoes either (which means no movement.) Most battle setups start out with the enemy above you while you have to scramble in position, which is hard to do with such low movement.

That being said, the skills look good. The enemy has stymied me with Updraft way too many times to count.

Brawler: Pummel is Repeating Fists which means it's... not usable (or has it been improved somehow?). Aurabolt is Wave Fist with Holy element, so it's still good I suppose. Dolphin Kick seems good because Water weakness is really common. Haven't really tried the rest.

Alchemist: King of borkked. You basically get Hi-Potion+ at the start of the game, then you add Phoenix Down and you have a dude who can heal better than pretty much anyone else and revive at instant speed from range. I assume like Chemist that they'll become less useful at time goes on though.

Fairy Dust is broken in the "doesn't work" way. Everything I try to target it, whether friend and enemy, shows 0% and a "guarded" animation when the item hits the enemy.

Overall, a lot of the current abilities seem rather low-powered/niche and there are a lot more abilities, while the JP costs remain the same. Unlike regular FFT where you can pull through with 1/2 overpowered abilities my characters kind of feel empty at this point of time. Maybe I'm just really bad at this version for some reason.

Zenius

First time visiting the CCP thread in a few months and I'm amazed how far this has come :O

Definitely going to do a playthrough of this after I'm done with my current 1.3042 run ^^

Celdia

Thank you for all the feedback, TigerKnee! ^_^ Let's see...
Monastery: This is currently the only battle where you can control guests and that is because if the AI controls them like normal, you will pretty much lose the fight every time.
Gariland: That one Cook can cause a lot of chaos with that skillet. He is pretty much the only real danger there because of it. You should see Wiz's recent restart of his CCP playthrough to see how easy that battle can still be though.
Mandalia: This one is a crap shoot depending on what weapons the AI comes into battle with.
Sweegy: Since the monsters are still (mostly) vanilla, they do get a bit of a boost in level scaling just to try and make them some kind of a challenge. They still tend not to be more than a speed bump though. -__-
Dorter: God damnit...Dorter. You aren't the first person to complain about the difficulty here. I'm getting the feeling you won't be the last unless I do something about it soon. Maybe its just because I and my playtesters have seen the different variations on this battle so many times now its old hat, but until now I've been convinced that it "wasn't that hard". I guess my view is just skewed. Keep an eye out for the next update in the near future as I'll be putting some specific equipment loadouts on the enemies to make Dorter a lot more bearable. (Before 1.9 there were two Red Mages instead of two Champions. They would do back-to-back Heal spamming. Yeah, let that one sink in for a bit... -_- )

On Classes...

Warrior: Charge has always been an iffy sort of skillset but it does work. Its simplicity is why it ended up as a base skillset. With the reduced CT on the entire selection of skills it does become a bit more viable than in Vanilla. Speed Save keeps that high JP value only because it is available so early.

Homemaker: Sugary Candy isn't supposed to be so much about healing as it is for Canceling Sleep status. Flash Freeze isn't really intended to get a lot of use very early game with that MP cost. Both HM and Cook have their skills scaled to make the classes usable from early game until late game.

Cook: Some people either love or hate the random damage skills. Not much else to say on that one. Frozen Meatball, properly applied, can cause all kinds of havoc on the AI which is so much fun. Behemoth Steak is another skill like Flash Freeze as its not meant for a lot of early game use because of the cost on it.

Red Mage: I continue to have balancing issues with this class. Its either way too powerful or way too weak no matter how I scale the numbers and has been that way from the get-go. I keep tweaking them with every release and I still haven't found a really happy medium yet. If you want a benchmark for Fire, I suppose you could use Cure to get a rough idea since they run the same values for what is just an inverted version of the same formula. Fire is the strongest of the Faith-based elemental trio. As for Stone Strike, that is exactly what you're supposed to do with it: Cast and Run. It has a huge AoE and damage potential and as such I designed it to be dangerous to use; not the kind of thing you just walk into battle and start spamming until everything is dead. A lot of my skills have built-in drawbacks like that somewhere.

Champion: Yeah, this is mostly a basic sort of tank unit, no surprises there. I've found the Valiance skillset gets used as a solid secondary into the late game though.

Nomad: Move 2 may seem crippling but take a bit of time with Cook to get Work the Line (Move +1) and getting them up to Move 3 with that innate Jump value and they're not hindered at all. Grab Dash or Bull Rush and they're almost broken with their maneuverability. Again, this is another one of the built-in drawbacks that can be overcome later in the game.

Brawler: Just wait until you get Bum Rush. :D

Alchemist: This class is a mixed bag with most people. A love it for finally being made class or a hate it for being way too powerful. Though with the latest updates its not nearly as broken as it was before. However I do have to thank you for stumbling upon that error with Faerie Dust. Turns out Number 9 also got frigged up with 1.9. I'm implementing the fix on those skills with the next update and they should work fine after that.

Stick with it and grab the net update when I get it posted. Trust me, there is a lot more fun to be found in this patch. ^_^