• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:35:19 pm

Use 3D Object

Started by CONMAN, October 24, 2015, 01:52:05 pm

CONMAN

October 24, 2015, 01:52:05 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:21:33 pm by CONMAN
 I'm not sure If I can or will get an answer on this question- but I thought I would throw it out here before I started some tedious guess work. 

Originally I wanted to try to use one or two of the Lesalia maps for battle fields (They are awesome).  Kuraudo Sutoraifu actually had posted complete maps for inside/outside castle gates- unfortunately the size of the "8 files" were too large to import.  These appear to be the files (atleast for these two maps) that control targeting.  Without targeting- I find these maps to be unacceptable.

Anyway, I wanted to have an epic series of battles at the capital and now I'm going to have to substitute maps.  I have chosen for one of these maps to be: At the Gate of Limberry Castle (1) (the unused one).  I don't believe an event in game ever uses this map- so now I am going to have to guess which variable will open the doors.  The Event instruction wiki is helpful- and let's me know that 01 will open them, and there is a chance that 2D/3D might reference the correct door.  I'm going to test tomorrow- and post the results, if I find it. 

But if someone already knows- it would save me a lot of trouble.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

I would pretty much have to test it myself to figure it out... so yeah.
I didn't compile a complete list of 3D objects or regular objects for that matter because that would require manually going through every single map... not knowing a better way to achieve it, I didn't do it. (I really have better things to work on)

I will also release in some time (likely soon after JotF ch1 re-release) a spreadsheet that will "easily" allow moving files on the CD, so you'll be able to use 127 maps of any size you want (within the polygon and texture limit).
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

CONMAN

...Wow.. I am completely beaten....almost dizzy... I ran through 01 to FF attempting to find the right 3D object variable- never got it.  I may have slipped up at some point and say accidentally not applied saved a .text to "test"- but I don't think so.

...The number of unusual graphical glitches testing about 12 variables at a time was silly.  Mostly I saw a hundred panels become see through- and a few stretched tiles.  I may have seen a vaguely technicolor windmill at one point.  I managed to see the tiles under the  front see through gates disappear.  Unfortunately I never saw any of the four doors of the two gates open. 

After my first couple tries- I attempted to test the simple "use field object"  one of the first 5 appeared to open one gate- but when the camera rotated- it was the other gate that was open!  Also I couldn't move through it....The gates themselves actually don't allow themselves to be highlighted by the target cursor- perhaps they were never meant to be opened :evil: I can still use the map... but wow.

I will also release in some time (likely soon after JotF ch1 re-release) a spreadsheet that will "easily" allow moving files on the CD, so you'll be able to use 127 maps of any size you want (within the polygon and texture limit).

absolutely amazing!!!

Jumza

Quote from: CONMAN on October 26, 2015, 12:16:44 am
After my first couple tries- I attempted to test the simple "use field object"  one of the first 5 appeared to open one gate- but when the camera rotated- it was the other gate that was open!  Also I couldn't move through it....The gates themselves actually don't allow themselves to be highlighted by the target cursor- perhaps they were never meant to be opened :evil: I can still use the map... but wow.

This is like what happens with Lionel Castle Gate, there's a variable you have to change, and then use the ReloadMapState() (maybe not, but I do). Not sure what it is for that map.

The glitchy windmill one would be from the windmill shed :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CONMAN

:D Thank you Jumza!

I had gone ahead and retried using the field object command and could make the whole thing disappear- but unmovable.  I'm not sure why I assumed I needed to use 3d object.  field objects: 2,4,6,8 removed the gate and two shadows for me.

Quotethere's a variable you have to change, and then use the ReloadMapState() (maybe not, but I do)

yup, Zeroed variable 30, added one, and there it went!  I'm going to assume {27} reload map state is probably always necessary!