• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Usable Attack.out space

Started by CONMAN, July 06, 2015, 12:00:12 pm

CONMAN

I was wanting to play around and create a couple of side quest and started to compare the space in attack.out with events in evsp.  I searched the forum and found comments regarding an issue, but didn't quite have full clarity on it. 

Namely,  that attack.out jumps from 18E/18F underground limberry straight to the tutorial.  Easyvent editor shows the random battle template, one free space, game over event, then 6 free events and finally the tutorial events.  (The numbering between these two editors go off the rails at this point.)  Should I assume these 6/7 events are unusable? (or can be meddled with in a different manner). 

I have heard that the spaces at the end of the attack.out (1E0 to 1F3) are unusable as well. (related to the 10 empty space at the end of EVSP?) 

On a related note- the tutorials themselves are un-editable correct? In the FFT-Lion War thread Elric mentions this and I was curious.

Currently, I am under the impression that the best (only?) way to make space for things is to start fusing events with their own setup events.  I would probably start with the regular side quest as that sounds like it would require the least restructuring.  Or at least I would think because they have their own variables and don't up the story progress variable....
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

The only question I can answer there is that the Tutorial is not editable at this point, and you should just stay away from it completely :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

July 06, 2015, 10:52:46 pm #2 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:52:00 am by Elric
At a certain point in Xif attack.out GUI the numbers go from +1 (since the editor is off by 1) to +10 due to some event space that was unusable but not accounted for. This was fixed in Ravens editor. I can make you a attack.out dump to use in Ravens editor if you post your attack.out here. Also when I get off work I'll let you know exactly what spaces it was that are not usable.

3lric

Sorry it look so long CONMAN, here is that list

GUI ID  ->   ACTUAL SLOT ID

18B      ->  18C
18C      ->  18D
18D      ->  18E
18E      ->  18F
18F      ->  19A
190      ->  19B
191      ->  19C
192      ->  19D
193      ->  19E
194      ->  19F
195      ->  1A0
196      ->  1A1
197      ->  1A2
198      ->  1A3
199      ->  1A4
19A      ->  1A5
19B      ->  1A6
19C      ->  1A7
19D      ->  1A8
19E      ->  1A9

In the first blue line, you can see a jump of 11 slots, these slots are unusable, and the rest of the blue ones are the tutorial, which are also unusable. The rest should be okay

CONMAN

Thanks a bunch for sorting that out Elric!