• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:17:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Need Software Help!

Started by thisisstupid999, July 24, 2010, 08:37:48 pm

thisisstupid999

July 24, 2010, 08:37:48 pm Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:26:11 pm by thisisstupid999
I downloaded this pack- http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=31 It's the link to the most recent pack of FFTPatcher, FForgASM, FFTacText, and Shishi Sprite Editor. I have a .net framework higher than 2.0 (I have 3.5) which I downloaded especially for the purpose of using these applications. When I extract the files via WinRar to a place in my documents, they work at first, but after a minute or so every time I double click on one of the 4 applications a notice comes up saying that the application can't bu used due to an error. It really doesn't describe what the error is though. Therefore, if I want to use these 4 applications on a regular basis, then I'll have to keep extracting the files from the download and quickly open the applications. I don't want to have to do that all the time. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

DAmessenger

that's a good point. I thought it was just me (and the fact that I'm using the files from a network virtual drive). I ended up extracting to a flash drive and it runs just fine from there, never have had to reinstall or anything. I'm sure this would be a little inconvient at home, but maybe it's a good fix for now?

thisisstupid999

Hmm...I don't really want to do that. Did the notice you get look like the one above?

thisisstupid999

Nevermind. I believe I figured out the problem. I was trying to separate everything that came in the pack from the 4 applications. I didn't think they were important. I guess they are. And someone told me to put all of it in the program files, and it worked.

DAmessenger

Yea I got that, but yes that's a good point. I'll keep that in mind too (but since I work between 2 different locations the flash drive is the way for me right now). Glad it all worked out.