• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 06:40:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Kaz

yeah, the white palette looks really nice but its conflicting with the purple from the hair.  maybe make it pinkish like the other pink accents on it or make it a sort of white-gray mix.
to hell with you mustadio haters

Cheetah

Ah I had forgotten about one of my favorite topics. Dancer looks great btw, nice work.

Female Lancer (tough because she has so many different colors):
Black = good, though I'm not a fan of the blue
Blue = done
Red = good, but the gray hair is a bit odd, though i like the color in general
Green = done
White = needs the most work as other mentioned. Probably make purple a gray or black. Maybe that great gray used for the hair in the red sprite could be used here for the same areas. Mix and match these suggestions though so that it doesn't become too monotone.
Purple = good, the purple on the back/shoulders is a particularly nice touch (I hope it is used other places as well).
Yellow = good, though could you humor me with trying a bright yellow instead of the blue for the shoulders/back just to see how it looks.
Brown = done

This is going to be a tough one, but these are really great.
Current Projects:

mav

Thanks for the input, guys. I whipped up a couple new palettes for white and purple--I mostly just changed that little banner thing on their backs. I don't want either of them to share colors, so keep that in mind.
[attachment=0:321hmpd4]flancerspreview2.png[/attachment:321hmpd4]

I also tried yellow on yellow on yellow, as Cheetah requested; it didn't work out too nicely. I may also replace the blue on the black Lancer with something else. Input's welcome, as always.

mav

For the white I'm preferential to the first one too. As for the purples, I'm not too fond of any of them.

Cheetah

I liked the original purple more than any of these new ones.
Current Projects:

mav

Same here. Lemme just continue refining with the white palette instead of messing with the purple one too--maybe I'll find an easy fix without creating two new palettes.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

mav

Alright, I haven't had too much time to spend on this, but I figured I'd give you guys something to speculate on. I have attached 12 palettes for the white female Lancer and have posted them right beside the purple female Lancer. Let me know which of the palettes on the left you prefer and whether they clash with the purple palette. Note that the 12th white palette has a purple trim; I can always mix and match here and there.
[attachment=0:1zogkizc]flancerspreview2.png[/attachment:1zogkizc]

Cheetah

#10 for the win, simply because it rhymes. Well that and the black/gray trim works the best.
Current Projects:

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

mav

I think I'm gonna just go with 10. I was a fan of 4, 7, and 10 myself, but 4 and 7 might clash with the other units for the white team, so I figure 10 is the safest option. I'll try and insert these palettes and upload the file some time tonight.

Thanks for the patience and the input, guys.

mav

Female Lancer is done. Next up is Bard.

FFMaster

Good stuff. Added to Shishi with 0 problems. I just wish others would help out in doing this so we can see them all in proper action in a tournament... if people get my drift.

mav

Yeah, having a few more people test out would really be beneficial to this whole process. I can churn out the palettes with decent speed, but if no one's testing them, this could all be a waste.

Anyways, here's the Bard:
[attachment=0:2npim8gc]bardspreview.png[/attachment:2npim8gc]
Comments, questions, suggestions?

FFMaster

I like them all.

And here is a test of a couple of unit palettes. I chose brown this time.

EDIT: Same team, yellow palettes

mav

Awesome. Thanks a ton, FFM. Has anything stood out in your eyes? Like do any of the palettes look off or anything? And if no one has any objections to the Bard, I'll go ahead and insert them soon then.

Cheetah

Bard looks great. The yellow one just needs a different shade for the pants, right now they clash a little much. But after that it should be good to go.
Current Projects: