• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[OLD] KoI's Sprite Thread

Started by Kagebunji, October 13, 2010, 12:19:51 pm

Kagebunji

Sure I will give a shoot to those graphics, but I never did this, so I dunno if it will be ok. Hah, I already tried Cid's glasses before you seggested, looked bad tbh. I cannot work today, but I will try to get these things done ASAP.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

looked bad, really?

did you try them on mustadio's head or something?

the glasses look good in that screenshot IMO, but maybe I'm just being ignorant about spriting

Xifanie

I can work on those effects of course.

Whoever, the blue background for the Ice 4 effect is not there, and therefore earth pillars will fall from the sky on a blue background.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

don't think it'll look bad, even with blue backround

this is similar to what I have in mind (warning: n00b edit)

looks alot like Break in FF7 heh

Kagebunji

Glasses itself looks nice, but when I tried using them as eyes, it failed. As Asmo once said, messig with eyes in FFT is VERY bad idea, they are very specific already.

Archael

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Glasses itself looks nice, but when I tried using them as eyes, it failed. As Asmo once said, messig with eyes in FFT is VERY bad idea, they are very specific already.

I don't mean using them as eyes, I meant putting them on his head, like in that Cid sprite

Kagebunji

Ok, here are the two versions. I think googles look kinda big, probably cause the hair is smaller than Cid's

Kagebunji

Answering to your question in chat, Arch: I wanted to go without googles and pony for the whole sheet. I really dislike how those googles look on him.

Archael

gj kage

cant wait to see final

Kagebunji

Here are three versions, one with Tidus hair, and two with the-hair-from-the-other-day with different colors. I personally like Hair from other day, the darker one.

My fav
[attachment=2:3n1dgv1l]Engineer.png[/attachment:3n1dgv1l]

Tidus
[attachment=1:3n1dgv1l]Engineer2.png[/attachment:3n1dgv1l]

Nothing special
[attachment=0:3n1dgv1l]Engineer3.png[/attachment:3n1dgv1l]

Xifanie

This is bad...

Can't you use the same haircut as the previous one without the pony? These all look pretty gay IMO.
Also, too much gray, white shirt looked great. I don't know about your amount of colors right now though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

Uh, okay, I will get back to the older hair. But this hair will be used for someting, sooner or later, since this in all honesty isn't gay, heh. Unfortunatly white shirt is out of question, it will stay gray. Too bad Balthier's shirt won't work, fuck.

Kagebunji

New engineer wit changes you wanted. I already started moving forward, so don't surprise me now...

Kagebunji

Annoy, annoy, annoy. It's rough, beware

Archael

lol he looks very macho without the sleeves... why did you make his arms bare? looks very different now

I liked the messy hair better, but Zodiac is the one who has to like it, it's his patch, and he will be doing 90% of the hard work, so listen to him 1st

Kagebunji

Well I was thinking of this "light armored swordsman" thing, and here, I did a lightly armored chick. I also think of putting in armguards there, but if you want her without it, it's cool too.

Archael

looks nice

but she looks VERY light armor / simple outfit

how is she more "swordsman", than say, the one labeled female warrior here?

Kagebunji

Well O never said she looks more of a swrodsman thatn warrior. I recall us talking about light armored character(for Riskbreaker job or something), so I decided to do one with leather and one piece of armor. You think this fits for anything? I have been trying various colors too, and it may prove difficult, but I will think of something else if you think blue does not fit(blue is default palette in vanilla(look at Wizards))

Archael

yeah she looks great

just not sure where she would fit (she would need a male equivalent too)

IMO she's cute and very basic... would fit cadet well

(the warrior sprite has a bit more metal on it, so it contrasts well)

Kagebunji

Some update on her. first set of arms, and walking frames itself are done. Same for singing. She is coming very nicely, If I get mobilized enoug, I will finish her during this 4-day weekend.