• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:18:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Zozma

No Mimi I haven't. I'm sure i wil get to them eventually..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Atma

[attachment=0:jb9rtps7]Samurai - Ronin 06 - by Atma WIP.png[/attachment:jb9rtps7]
k, so most is done.  i know the hair is off when walking in water... i think i mixed up the order :D  (oh, i'll probably do a lil change to the palette, too)
well, i owe, i owe, so it's off to work i go...
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

Nice, this is getting closer and closer to completition! The water walking animations are in the same order as normal walking frames, so there shouldn't be problems now, hehe. Portrait isn't inserted yet, yes?

Atma

i haven't imported the portrait in case i wanna do a few more changes, but i think i'll add it now.  i actually have the water animation done correctly... i just imported an older save into shishi when i was checking it and didn't realize it. HAHAHA :D

Kagebunji

Nice, too bad you put this in edit, I wouldnt notice it, really. IMO it's nice to use Disgaea's Ronin palettes. Ofcourse don't straight c/p them, just look awhat color it is and make it FFT style. Looking forward to this.

Lijj

I think these colors work fine. My concern is the shading of the hair on the portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Lijj"I think these colors work fine. My concern is the shading of the hair on the portrait.
Yup, like I said. I hoped Mav could give some detailed crit, since I muself am not that good at ports.

Nivek

Nice progress Atma. Much appreciation (I was sorta holding up work on my FFtactics version just for these sprites lol, sorta :lol: )
Where there is love, there are babies.

BeoulveBlack

i like what you're doing there Atma...good replacement for the blonde samurai.

i have to pretty much start all over for all of my projects, but here's a list of what i have planned:

-revision of KURO, aka Corban Black (why isn't the sprite in the custom sprite section anymore?)
-Duran from SD3
-Choco-dragon (chocobo turned dragon - ride-able!)
-Mana-style machine golem (KILROY!)
-werewolf (monster)
-other stuff i can't think of

btw Zoz, i heard there was a Lenneth sprite available...know where i can find it?

Kagebunji

Corban Black sprite was bad quality, that's why it was removed I am sure. Portrait is pretty flat too.

Atma

IT'S DONE!!!
[attachment=0:ili6w2ww]Samurai - Ronin - complete - by Atma.png[/attachment:ili6w2ww]
edited the palette so it should match the colour scheme of the game.  I'm soooo glad it's finally finished.  now i'm gonna start some more sprite edits... just this time i'm definitely NOT mixing sprite types :P

the .spr has been submitted in the sprites thread ^.^

Kagebunji

I already downloaded it from submission, gonna test it in-game now. Btw, you really must do something about those hair bangs on portrait, they are too square ATM. I suggest you got o: Control User Panel>Profile>Edit Avatar>Display gallery. There are every FFT ports done, this will prove usefull if you want to fix bangs.

Atma

i like the shape.  it's very anime style.  tho, i guess that makes it not as fitted for FFT.  i doubt i'll change the portrait, but if someone wants to and a few people agree it's the best choice, then i may re-submit it.  as for my own use, it's just fine.  i've got a lot more sprites i wanna get done so unless there is a problem with how this sprite works in game, i'm pretty much done with it.  
as for the palette changes... i like how it turned out for the most part... but i kind of wished i had separated the white of the eye and the light tone from her shirt.  i wanted to play with the colours a bit more, but i couldn't go very dark or else it would look messed up.

Lijj

This sprite is very nice so why let the portrait be so crappy? The hair kills it for me; the shading looks bad. It'd be nice if this had five palettes as well.
  • Modding version: PSX

Atma

huh...? it's supposed to have 5 palettes.  dunno if the .png does, but the .spr should.
if someone wants to do the portrait, go for it.  i just wanted the portrait to look more Disgaea-esque.
[attachment=0:z5k1o1qn]Disgaea 3-FemaleSamurai.jpg[/attachment:z5k1o1qn]
it's very straight lined.  just that style.  i know the portrait isn't perfect (ok, it's a lil on the ugly side cause of the shading :P), but it's good enough for me... for now at least.
i'm making these sprites for my own patch and i've still got a lot i wanna do, so i'm moving on to the other stuff on my list.  i'm planning on making a few new classes, editing more than half of them, changing some special characters (some more dramatic than others), gonna try making some monster sprites, too.  it's gonna take a while so i wanna put this one to rest.

Nivek

Just downloaded and inserted your sprite into my fft. Can't wait to try it out. On another note, is there any hope in the kunoichi sprite you were working on?

Atma

@Nivek - actually, yes.  the Kunoichi is being worked on.  just started piecing it together as well as an edit to agrias.  i don't know if i'll do any more Disgaea sprites after this one, since i feel they're a bit too different than tactics.  i'll post some pix soon.

Nivek

Awesome man. Thanks a bunch. The regular female ninja sprite is lame so I was gonna use yours lol. After I finish changing all the dialogue and changing some battle enemies, I'll be sure to send you a link to try it out, if you want to.

Izirudo

Wow that Kunoichi sprite may replace the old F ninja sprite in my FFT... kinda bored of all the old sprites :D

Atma

well, i did a fair amount of work on the Kunoichi last night.  (doesn't look like it :P  
so, i'm probably gonna either use the legs from the onion night, or monk instead of cloud so i can fit in a shin guard.  i for some reason thought the kunoichi had different arms, but now i see she has the same on both arms.  i'm gonna give her a scarf, as well.  i'll probably just use a cape and cut it into 2 pieces. i probably wouldn't have changed anything, but it was looking rather boring and thought i should take another look at it that's when i realized i was totally off :P
on her back she's either carrying a pouch or scroll... not sure if i'll add it.  if i do i can probably just use the one on the chemist.