• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:11 pm

Prevent units from joining...

Started by Nivek, October 09, 2010, 09:35:52 pm

Nivek

Is it possible to make it so that a storyline unit that joins your party is unable to join your party? For instance, prevent the option of allowing Orlandu to join your party?
Where there is love, there are babies.

ffta707

Yes. This can be done in the ENTD section in FFT Patcher made by melonhead. This can be found here: http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=31

Select in the ENTD were orlandu joins (Might be hard to find, I'm not sure, but you could ask around). Select orlandu in the box of characters, and un check join after event

"Welcome to ffhacktics, where all your dreams come true."

Jon

ENTD 13D. Uncheck Orlandu join like FFTA wrote. That should do the trick.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Jon me and you should be Partners in crime. We work well as a team. XD

Jon

Nivek

Thanks. I haven't decided wether or not to block orlandu from joining but I might go ahead and do it seeming as you already get a shitton of knights on your team. And nerfing him would make him pretty much pointless.

ffta707

Well, it would certainly make the game more "fair." So I say go for it. I personally don't like having Orlandu, because after you get him, the game is to simple. Plus, don't forget the part were it make Ramza look like a wuss.

Jon

Then at least add to the battle where you open the flood gate Excalibur as a treasure prize you get at the end, no Orlandu means no Excalibur, well until the Deep Dungeon.

Nivek

I'll have to keep excalibur in mind.

kyumaru

Hey, trying to get Elmdor to join up the party at zeklaus desert, tried checking the join after event box on ENTD in ffPatcher but that doesn't cut it, how can I make him join up?

Nyzer

Not by necroing a nine year old topic asking how to do the literal opposite of what you want.

Make a new topic and be more specific about what you're doing and what results you're getting.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown