• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:21 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT:ASM'd -- Demo Download

Started by philsov, April 11, 2010, 05:16:54 pm

efrate

Just FYI Philsov, Camo does seem to be exploitable.  Whenever I do it regardless of what else an enemy can do, reviving a downed unit, killing someone, knocking someone into critical, they always go for the Camo person if they are in range.  Compat doesn't seem to matter much since with both good/neut and bad comp it seems to happen.  Havne't tried it with best yet but I'd imagine that it would happen as well.  It could just be the AI being weird RNGs are odd with me.   After over 1000s of ninjas (seriously) in war of the lions on next to last floor on Midlights deep I still cannot find one/get one to throw rare katanas even at the levels where they are superior to all other thrown weapons and at max HP on all my units.  Seems awfully busted unless I am just getting weird AI stuff, which is very possible.

When I can tear myself away from all 8 or so files accross various systems/hacks/SSCC challenges/etc I play some more.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "efrate"Just FYI Philsov, Camo does seem to be exploitable.  Whenever I do it regardless of what else an enemy can do, reviving a downed unit, killing someone, knocking someone into critical, they always go for the Camo person if they are in range.  Compat doesn't seem to matter much since with both good/neut and bad comp it seems to happen.  Havne't tried it with best yet but I'd imagine that it would happen as well.  It could just be the AI being weird RNGs are odd with me.   After over 1000s of ninjas (seriously) in war of the lions on next to last floor on Midlights deep I still cannot find one/get one to throw rare katanas even at the levels where they are superior to all other thrown weapons and at max HP on all my units.  Seems awfully busted unless I am just getting weird AI stuff, which is very possible.

When I can tear myself away from all 8 or so files accross various systems/hacks/SSCC challenges/etc I play some more.

This is sounds like the converse of the bug R999 discovered for Razele's ASM transparent hack.  If what you say is true, transparent = taunt status without the game slowdown of the inflict charge status, which naturally can be exploited, but it's up to philsov to remove it (I personally wouldn't).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

It makes sense. If the computer so values positive status, Transparent being as high or almost as high as Haste, I suppose it makes sense that they would want to disperse it provided they are in range.

I personally think it should go or, if it says, then Camo should cost something. Because otherwise, as much as I like Archers, it just seems kind of wrong that you can easily whore Camo until the enemies you want crystalize/treasure box without any real struggle. Of course, making it cost something wouldn't necessarily fix the problem either, though, only make it slightly less easy to abuse....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"