• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:02 am

DESPERATION

Started by Taichii, January 17, 2012, 02:02:12 am

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

st4rw4k3r

formerdeathcorps

January 19, 2012, 12:33:16 am #42 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:39:27 am by formerdeathcorps
The reason why I didn't immediately post a character sheet is because I actually misremembered which RP this was until Taichii made the first post.  This meant that I actually didn't know who I was going to use until I made the post.

Kanth
Male Human (Black Wavy Hair cut at oblique angles, Blue Eyes)
Geomancer
Bone Knife
Linen Clothes
Kanth comes from a family of geomancers who travel Ivalice with their animal pets in their study of nature.  Their fanaticism to the Earth causes them to be unwelcome in most parts of civilization as they regard most magical artifacts as well as the organizations that control them as abominations to be destroyed.  These beliefs, however, didn't stop Kanth from leaving his older sister (and caretaker) to travel alone, if only to escape her nagging.

Moon
Male Wolf (Brown Eyes, Mostly Silver Fur)
Moon is Kanth's loyal pet, hunting partner, and sentry.  Despite his lupine form, he's usually fairly subdued, rarely picking fights with humans except on orders.  Of course, this is little comfort to the local wildlife or the occasional bandit, who rarely escape the duo.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Ryqoshay

Name: Charon
Role: Anita's Guardian
Class: ...
Race: Sentient Scythe
Height: 5'
Weight: 10 lb
Eyes: ...
Hair: ...
Skin: ...
Appearance: Ornately crafted scythe. Intricate runes cover its blade. Those attuned to auras would notice a dark one focused around said runes.
Personality: Mechanical and monotone, though intelligent and wise. Takes duty of protecting charge seriously and does all in its power to do so.
Backstory: Charon was originally forged and enchanted for General Zachary Zavier Zainthrony. The general earned the moniker Reaper of Souls as his skills in wielding Charon felled uncountable enemies. However, the general's martial prowess paled in comparison to his arcane dominance. After saving Anita from Ithanburg, the general attempted to tap her powers. What many did not know, was that at some level, he did come to care for her as a daughter. It was for this reason, that when he finally fell in battle, he told Charon to look after her for him. Charon agreed. It has since done its best to ensure Anita's wellbeing, be it by healing her wounds, instilling fear in her foes or simply offering information and advice. Whether it truly cares for its charge or if it is simply an effect of its complex enchantments is anyone's guess.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

st4rw4k3r

How does this look?
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8332.msg165107#msg165107
I am working on making a easy to read and understandable way to post my turns, feedback is nice.

everything in bold tags is speach: [ b ] & [ /b ]
I have different colours for character speech, on the quotes only.
and I did [ i ](())[ /i ] for OOC comments

Ryqoshay

Quote from: st4rw4k3r on January 19, 2012, 01:25:04 am
((Please tell me how this post looks in the OOC topic. I want to find a nice easy to read and understandable way to post my turn. The beige " are Cipher. The Pink ones " are Mother))

One of the best ways I have found to indicate different people speaking is to use new paragraphs, as has been the trend in literature for centuries.
For example:

"...and so Tyr stuck his sword hand within Fenrir's mouth." The knight prattled on. "Taking Tyr's hand, Fenrir allowed himself to be bound by chains to keep him from growing any larger. At least until-"
  "I think that shall do dear," the woman interrupted as politely as possible. "I have heard that story too many times."
  "My apologies Mother." Cipher replied. "I could play you a song in place."
  "No need, child." She stopped in her tracks, and soon after, the knight did as well.
  The dirt road stretched far ahead into what seemed to be never ending wall of green and brown.
  "Beautiful... But, I hate it." She concluded after a moment.
  "We have been at this for hours, Madam."
  "This, yes, I know." she says with a sigh. "Nothing new to me. I just dislike being outside of civilization for such periods of time, it drives me nuts."
  Silence fell upon the two. They traveled onward without speaking another word, until a growl killed the silence. Startled, Mother turned toward the sound, only to see a friendly figure.
  "Breakfast?" he asked with a sheepish grin.
  "No....." Mother sighed. "Cipher... What have I told you, time, and time again...?"
  The blank look upon the knight's face said it all.
  "Cipher.... What am I going to do with you?"
  Another growl was heard.
  "If possible madam, that could be good option." he said, hopefully.
  Mother sighed yet again. "Right, I guess we can do that."
  The two walked off the road, and sat under a tree. Mother unzipped the pack on her side, and rummaged through it. Seven apples, a sausage, a loaf of bread, and some water. Reaching in, Mother pulled out two apples and passed them to the knight. She then claimed one for herself. The two sat, eating their food in silence; the horrible silence.

st4rw4k3r

Ha! You mean to correct way to do it?
Thank you for your help, it is always appreciated Ryqo.

Editing post soon.

Ryqoshay

I merely provide an example. Do with it as you do so desire.

st4rw4k3r

oh I will. thank you again.

Taichii

Quote from: Ryqoshay on January 19, 2012, 02:00:40 am
One of the best ways I have found to indicate different people speaking is to use new paragraphs, as has been the trend in literature for centuries.
For example:

"...and so Tyr stuck his sword hand within Fenrir's mouth. Taking Tyr's hand, Fenrir allowed himself to be bound by chains to keep him from growing any larger. At least until-" The knight prattled on.
   "I think that shall do dear," the woman interrupted as politely as possible. "I have heard that story too many times."
   "My apologies Mother." Cipher replied. "I could play you a song in place."
   "No need, child." She stopped in her tracks, and soon after, the knight did as well.
   The dirt road stretched far ahead into what seemed to be never ending wall of green and brown.
   "Beautiful... But, I hate it." She concluded after a moment.
   "We have been at this for hours, madam."
   "This, yes, I know." she says with a sigh. "Nothing new to me. I just dislike being outside of civilization for such periods of time, it drives me nuts."
   Silence fell upon the two. They traveled onward without speaking another word, until a growl killed the silence. Startled, Mother turned toward the sound, only to see a friendly figure.
   "Breakfast?" he asked with a sheepish grin.
   "No....." Mother sighed. "Cipher... What have I told you, time, and time again...?"
   The blank look upon the knight's face said it all.
   "Cipher.... What am I going to do with you?"
   Another growl was heard.
   "If possible madam, that could be good option." he said, hopefully.
   Mother sighed yet again. "Right, I guess we can do that."
   The two walked off the road, and sat under a tree. Mother unzipped the pack on her side, and rummaged through it. Seven apples, a sausage, a loaf of bread, and some water. Reaching in, Mother pulled out two apples and passed them to the knight. She then claimed one for herself. The two sat, eating their food in silence; the horrible silence.

XD was about to edit XD until i saw ryqo already answered XDD
hahah yup yup this way is better :D
and maybe the narrative parts should be the one with the bold? :)

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

mmm. I'll see how it looks. Thanks for the idea.

Taichii

correct me if im wrong XD
but this is what's happening right? :D

(sorry for the lame quickdraw LOL)

Red = Taichii = passed out near a log
White = FDC = protecting himself against the bodyguard...
Yellow = Luna = Engaging a battle with FDC
Pink = Ryqoshay = sleeping above a tree
Orange = St4rw4lk3r = having a picnic
? = Dokurider = not yet in the map

:D

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

Holy shit man you map is freaking huge. I could print it out and make it into a poster.
The placement looks fine to me, size not fine.
Also last I check my name wasn't that...

st4rw4k3r

okay the post now has 3 versions on it.

• The original bad one.

• The one helped by Ryqo, I edited it.

• The one Taichii gave as an idea.

• And Then the second one with colour added.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8332.msg165107#msg165107

Ryqoshay

Quote from: Taichii on January 19, 2012, 02:58:15 am
Pink = Ryqoshay = sleeping above a tree

Pink? For me? Whatever would give you that...
* Ryqoshay sees cute, pink-haired Becky peak shyly out from behind a broken image...

Oh yeah... that...
I can work with it, though I'm personally more of a Purple girl, myself. Well, white and purple, really. Or black and purple, depending on the situation.
Also, not that it matters much, but Anita likes yellow and white. Or gold and silver. Or or and argent... Or whatever...

st4rw4k3r

your avatar also has pink hair

Dokurider

OH GOD THIS IS MY FIRST TIME RP'ING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M

st4rw4k3r

Dokorider nice turn! I'm not sure to believe if what you just said is true or not. Only thing I see wrong is that you played someone elses character for a tad, but I donno thats just me.

Anyway, hurry up and Finish it! It was getting good!

Ryqoshay

Quote from: st4rw4k3r on January 19, 2012, 03:39:49 am

Quote from: Ryqoshay on January 19, 2012, 03:38:15 am
* Ryqoshay sees cute, pink-haired Becky peak shyly out from behind a broken image...

Beat you to it, st4r. ^_^

Quote from: Dokurider on January 19, 2012, 03:41:54 am
OH GOD THIS IS MY FIRST TIME RP'ING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M

May I humbly offer assistance in straitening things out?

Taichii

January 19, 2012, 04:08:25 am #59 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:37:49 am by Taichii
Quote from: st4rw4k3r on January 19, 2012, 03:39:49 am

xD
i tought it was the pin hair on the avatar but okay i'll revise it to PURPLE XD
okay XD time to read dokurider's post XD
will epdate asap XD

-EDIT:
okay i finished reading..
well.. dokurider's post really made me smile :"> aww XD
hahaha but dokurider, you shouldn't control a player's character.. such as mine..
you can put on attacks and battle tactics though :)
please refrain from doing it again :D
thank you

anyway...
since i plan to follow your post.. then i will use some of your idea. :)

"Desperation"