• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:59:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ShiShi Sprite Manager - Exporting "assembled" sprite frames & animations? [SOLVED]

Started by DudeMatt94, November 15, 2023, 11:36:49 pm

DudeMatt94

November 15, 2023, 11:36:49 pm Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:52:43 pm by DudeMatt94 Reason: Topic Solved
Hi everyone, I just started using the FFTPatcher suite tools and had a question about ShiShi Sprite Editor. Is it possible to export the fully "assembled" unit sprites that are shown in the "Frames" side panel (circled in attached screenshot) as BMPs/PNGs in their original pixel size?

In the same vein, is there also a method to export the assembled Animations as GIFs or export the individual frames as BMPs/PNGs?

I'd like to use certain poses from every Job Sprite in their original size for some art projects, and manually assembling them in a raster software would take a lot of time. If it's not a function within the ShiShi Sprite Editor, does anyone know of another method or program that could do this?

Thanks for the help everyone :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: DudeMatt94

DudeMatt94

Hey everyone, I figured out the solution! Turns out ShiShi Sprite Manager does actually display the "assembled" Frames & Animations at the original scale, and screenshots/snips will match-up 100% with online sprite sheets.

The problem was that both my desktop (1440p) and laptop (1080p) were set to 125% display scale which was distorting my previous screenshot attempts. I realized this when I actually measured the height of a snipped idle pose frame at 45 pixels, which is 125% of 36 pixels. So if you want to "export" any individual sprite frames from ShiShi, make sure your PC display scale is set to 100%. I believe it is also possible in Windows to set the Display scales of individual programs...   

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: DudeMatt94