• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Quote from: ShadowDragon15 on May 11, 2014, 02:34:19 am
I would love to see my teams Informal Normality and Tank Fire get some action, please and thank you tons.

Im already working on it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

ShadowDragon15

Wonderful. Then Zotis, and other video makers are free to use any of my other teams. I know they all have minor/small/few updates. So yep, it's up to you guys. Thanks!
Strategy is just magical.

Fenire

Nice videos Zotis, thank you.
I need to work out the kinks on those teams. GG guys.

Zotis

I already had this in the works when I saw that you were planning to do a video with Tank Fire.  So anyway, the more the merrier right?  This match also turned out to be almost an hour long... 50 minutes.  So yeah... I'm going to have to work on speeding up the emulator a bit for future videos.

Anyway, here it is.

ShadowDragon15 (Tank Fire) vs Vigilanti (Destiny Bond)

silentkaster

Another good job Zotis :)

Zotis, Battle Song doesn't boost Stone Gun because the formula is WP * WP so PA doesn't play a factor in there at all. In any case, I feel that Vigilanti would have been able to have a good chance in Round 2 if his Paladin had Auto Regen or Move-HP UP because the storm could have potentially been weathered. Battle Song on ShadowDragon's team only affected the Dancer and the Hunting Bow Archer so it didn't help a whole lot.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Nice video Barren!

Good job Leif!  Laying on the beatdown!  It was a very unlucky matchup for TrueLight though since poison was so well countered.

ShadowDragon15

Agreed, poison is much better against Haste 2 teams rather than masamune teams. I also think for TL, that adding Death Sentence would prove to be invaluable. DS plus Poison would be great against those teams that run reraise, phoenix down, wish and potentially cursed ring.

ShadowDragon15

May 12, 2014, 02:31:18 pm #3330 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:27:25 pm by ShadowDragon15
Crap, I completely missed over the 50 faith on that first squire. I fixed that quickly, and my goal really was for him to have 70. And I changed Attack UP to Short Charge, so that his evasion can actually come into affect.

Also, I made changes to Tank Fire. So I don't know if you've already done a video with Tank Fire Barren, but they have changes that I have made from Zotis's video. I'll get my Team Submissions post updated tonight no problem.

TrueLight

Sigh, Poison is so useless on its own. Time to add another element to the team. GG Leif.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zotis

I was thinking of making a kind of minigame.  I don't know if you guys would be interested.  Everyone would get one character each and be on the same team against enemy teams that I would make along the theme of the actual FFT game.  If your character crystalises or the party is wiped then those units are dead and you have to make new ones.  You start out with little JP and get more after battles.

Another similar concept would be like a battle royal where everyone's characters get randomly matched up and fight to the death.

I have a more detailed set of rules that I'm working on, I think it would be fun.  What do you guys think?  Do those interest you?

Otabo

May 12, 2014, 04:00:56 pm #3333 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:21:22 pm by Otabo
Quote from: ShadowDragon15 on May 12, 2014, 01:39:22 pm
Agreed, poison is much better against Haste 2 teams rather than masamune teams.

Poison on its own is countered hard by lots of things, that's why poison on its own isn't that great. But on the flip side, poison can be a great "distraction" tool against Masamune teams, though - as long as the source of poison is reliable and if it's used correctly. Take a team with a fast unit running Kiyomori, and a Slow 2 spammer, for example. Kiyomori on its own can potentially send the unit running Masamune into a loop and waste turns spamming it to get rid of poison instead of doing more useful things to contribute to the team, which gives them a disadvantage right there. The easier the poison can be applied, the better. That's one reason why Kiyomori is so good; instant and always works unless the unit is running poison/blind protection and can cause masamune loops. Of course, it all depends on how the unit running Masamune (and ultimately, the entire team) is built. And if there is a Slow 2 spammer present along with said Kiyomori unit, that's especially bad for the Masamune team if that same unit is built for damage or is an important part of the team's overall DPS, and the team's chances of winning goes down even further because they won't be able to keep up. Once the loop & the slow train starts rolling, if the other two members of the team can constantly apply pressure to the Masamune team with a combination of either fast/high melee DPS, AoE DPS stuff like the cross skills, long range damage, AoE magic/summons, lore, or even more status, the Masamune team will have a very hard time coming back from a team like that. If a team like that can win like this, then poison has effectively done its job. Just look at Futuristic Frannies; you'll see what I mean.

QuoteDS plus Poison would be great against those teams that run reraise, phoenix down, wish and potentially cursed ring.

Against PD and Wish, yes - poison is good against those, that I 100% agree with. Potentially reraise, as well (though that depends on how the team is set up and what the AI does at the time, to be honest). I dunno about poison being good against Cursed Ring though. Perhaps if the Cursed Ring unit revives with low HP or something. Poison is much better against Phoenix Blade units that aren't running any of 108 Gems, Platina Helmet or Diamond Armor - literally takes that unit out of the fight until it wears off or someone manages to heal it, which can be devastating to the team.

Zotis

DomieV

that was long but fun to watch. glad to see that I finally have a evasive team going here. I guess I had to submit to using absorb MP on my time magic paladin in order to use the three most useful spells for a time magic paladin. And hooray evasion :P GG Fenire

Leif1991

GG. The changes I made definitely helped me out a bunch.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

silentkaster

Quote from: Zotis on May 12, 2014, 03:56:21 pm
I was thinking of making a kind of minigame.  I don't know if you guys would be interested.  Everyone would get one character each and be on the same team against enemy teams that I would make along the theme of the actual FFT game.  If your character crystalises or the party is wiped then those units are dead and you have to make new ones.  You start out with little JP and get more after battles.

Another similar concept would be like a battle royal where everyone's characters get randomly matched up and fight to the death.

I have a more detailed set of rules that I'm working on, I think it would be fun.  What do you guys think?  Do those interest you?

I think it would be most fun in a Vanilla setting. The reason is is because Arena is designed to be balanced (part of that balance comes with the JP restrictions) whereas Vanilla is...well...kinda broken. However, JP is a good way to limit abilities and brokenness in Vanilla. If you want a 1200 JP Hamedo reaction, and you're limited to 2000 JP including unlocking classes...well you're gonna have to make some sacrifices. And if you're up against an all mage team, then your reaction might be close to useless.

In any case, no matter how you do it I would participate because...well...I enjoy trying new things.

silentkaster

Alright match request time. I think it is time...

Oldies vs. Famous Knights.

Epic Music would be much appreciated if possible :D

TrueLight

• Modding version: PSX