• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:35:31 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

Welp. Another win for Cursed Ring. <_<

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on December 30, 2013, 09:37:43 pm
Recorded a match should be up on youtube in a few minutes.
Otabo (is 108 your lucky number) vs Reinoe ( All Stars B team)

I know cursed ring is everywhere right now, but undead is the only way to get frogs to attack and do damage.  The berserked samurai frog was hitting for 0, but the undead frog was hitting for 8.
My dreams can come true!

Fenire

Thanks for the videos TrueLight
I was hoping to see more breaking but i guess the AI favoured damage due to how much they were doing. I was hoping for bigger numbers from the bard though.
Don't Act and stop were an awesome combo especially with that samurai running around inflicting Faith.
Not one decap proc not one... I got lucky round 2 with petrify, but missed the second one in round 3 though and with no way to get to the oracle he was toast. I should give him reraise. GG

Zareb

Quote from: reinoe on December 31, 2013, 12:20:41 am
I know cursed ring is everywhere right now, but undead is the only way to get frogs to attack and do damage.  The berserked samurai frog was hitting for 0, but the undead frog was hitting for 8.

That 800% damage increase is certainly game-changing, Reinoe!  It's not as situational as one may think!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on December 31, 2013, 01:25:30 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d - silentkaster (Kenny is dead) vs Fenire (Summon Arrows) Rematch

FFT Arena 1.38d - silentkaster (The Four Seasons) vs Zareb (Spoilers)

Barren, I lost the first two rounds, so there shouldn't have been a round three.  Anyway, The Four Seasons seems to be a very hard counter against my team: Speed-alteration (oooh, my favourite!), Steal Accessory (another favourite) and who can forget three physical rangers double-turning me?  Heh.  You have a good team there, and I suppose that I'll have to make some changes now.  GG, silentkaster.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Barren

You're right. that was my bad on that one. At least (even though by accident) I gave you a bonus round :P
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Wow Zareb! You had a similar concept in that you went for PA instead of speed to increase your power. Your monks' damage near the end????? Holy crap!!! Very good game though. Glad we got to see a bonus round. For a moment I was like...wait did my team lose the first one? Barren had me second guessing. Ha ha.

Anyway, that made me see the need for ether. I was thinking that by the time she ran out of MP, the match would pretty much be decided. But that wasn't the case any of those three times. Every time, she ran out and I realized I didn't give my chemist ether.

I also took your advice Barren regarding the gun and switched that around. Also switched a few other things.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Malroth

I'd change around your dancing paladin to Chaos blade Platina Helm, Light robe   Dragon spirit and Move MP up,  that way she can operate independantly as a tanky distraction and wall breaker in addition to spamming slow dance which she could now do the whole match

Zotis

Fenire's teams are much improved.  So much damage!  That match against Rouroni was really intense.

Elmdork

woo, what a great fight, though they don't behave as planned.

No foolin's got equip spear and javelin now. it is important on turn 1: long distance map, masamune full party, short map, salamander. the mimes are pretty smart with the mid charge, so salamander and leviathan with a ct5 should ensure my mimes are set up properly, or high speed opponents become in range. the samurai in slot 4 should use silf to get max hits per round and cause dont act/dont move.

giving them spears weakens the already low damage attacks, but at least puts them in the intended turn order, the only thing i don't like is now their physical attack is high enough for them to consider it an option, when i'd much rather them use asura. GG fenire, your teams are much improved and getting scary! 
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

Malroth! Thanks for the tip. I did change a couple of things on her to make her more tanky and harder to damage.
Though I didnt take your advice yet with chaos blade, I made MP on her last longer and since the chemist tends to stay in the back with her, gave him ether.

Will you do a couple videos for my teams at your convenience? Your run downs of every unit with every detail would be an appreciated help. My other two teams haven't been tested so I have no idea how they will operate and know they can be improved.

Fenire

There is something about archers ... So much damage. 578 damage critical was epic.

silentkaster

I have a question that I'm not quite sure of (part of the reason I didn't put any element on my team originally).

If you have absorb (element) and get oiled, will you now no longer absorb that element until oil resolves or is cured? I was trying to look in the master guide to answer this question, but still unsure.

Elmdork

Silentkaster's getting ruul good, ruul fast. Good on you, brother! I would like to request a gauntlet with no foolin'. The nature of the high output strategy ensures games are short, win or lose. Though I don't take the team too seriously, I need to make sure they're solid enough to fix and forget. I think its a fun strategy and a great way to test a team's resilience. If you can survive 6 salamanders in a round, you got one tank-ass team.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

reinoe

Quote from: silentkaster on January 01, 2014, 03:44:32 pm
I have a question that I'm not quite sure of (part of the reason I didn't put any element on my team originally).

If you have absorb (element) and get oiled, will you now no longer absorb that element until oil resolves or is cured? I was trying to look in the master guide to answer this question, but still unsure.

Yes that's mostly right.

Also oil doesn't affect either Dark or Holy.  Furthermore oil goes away on magic damage but not physical.  So oil will go away if you hit someone with "Fir" or blaze gun, but will remain if someone is hit with a Spiked Fuuton or Ice Brand.

Most people don't notice the physical damage remains because if you take double damage from most weapons it'll kill you outright.

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 01, 2014, 04:42:35 pm
I think its a fun strategy and a great way to test a team's resilience. If you can survive 6 salamanders in a round, you got one tank-ass team.

6x Salamanders are also hard to survive because they inflict oil.
My dreams can come true!

silentkaster

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 01, 2014, 04:42:35 pm
Silentkaster's getting ruul good, ruul fast. Good on you, brother! I would like to request a gauntlet with no foolin'. The nature of the high output strategy ensures games are short, win or lose. Though I don't take the team too seriously, I need to make sure they're solid enough to fix and forget. I think its a fun strategy and a great way to test a team's resilience. If you can survive 6 salamanders in a round, you got one tank-ass team.

Thank you! Actually in the 1.3 AI tournament right now...not doing so hot but still have a small chance to advance.

I seriously have so many concepts and teams I want to try out, but dont want to overwhelm recorders and be that guy that comes in with a hundred new teams. So as much as I would like to, I think I am going to focus on these three for a bit and see how they fare in any matches coming up.

Thanks again for recording my matches. Rouroni's and Zareb's teams look like some BAMF's!!!!

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on January 01, 2014, 11:42:33 pm
FFT Arena 1.38D - Jumza (White Rose) vs. Reinoe (Windchill Factor)

FFT Arena 1.38D - Dokurider (Elements of Erosion) vs. Zotis (Elunia)
(Will be up in ~15 minutes)

Oh my glob, I'm on a 2 game win streak.  JINX!
Of course W.C.F. started out friggin' terrible beyond belief but their last two wins were complete blowouts.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

My monk tried to 4v1 Dokurider's whole team.  3 HP restores in a row, but yeah, it's not like he could have stood a chance.  Good job Dokurider.