• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:59:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Malroth

A second White mage/lore user would probably help,  Elemental teams really need AOE to work and those archers were largely useless.

Reks

Quote from: Malroth on November 09, 2013, 02:08:55 am
A second White mage/lore user would probably help,  Elemental teams really need AOE to work and those archers were largely useless.

Been thinking on ways to change SWA without hurting their overall theme. Yeah, one of the Archers does less damage (i'd kept most of his stuff intact from when he'd been an equipment breaker before, but with a Blast Gun that doesn't work AS well.)

So changing him to another AoE user might help out. Problem is, he'd have to be a mage, and most of the skills I'd need to give to him are already taken by the other mages (not to mention a workaround for either Bolt or Water Damage- Haven't figured that one out yet.)

I'll keep working something out, so keep in touch for updates, if you care that much.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Zotis

Does attack up affect the Ninja tons?

TrueLight

Quote from: Zotis on November 09, 2013, 11:58:15 pm
Does attack up affect the Ninja tons?
Yes it does. Although, you might get better results if you use Overwhelm instead.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zotis

Really?  Why would I get more from 20% than I would from 33%?

Malroth

Zotis

Every ton user I've come up against has used Attack Up and destroyed me with it.

Otabo

November 11, 2013, 03:59:58 pm #2488 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:12:02 pm by Otabo

Round 1:

Round 2: Ugh, that map really sucks. That chokepoint and that corner can screw over so many teams. Almost made that comeback, though.

Also, whenever someone can get a chance, could my other new team Last Hurrah get a match or two. I really need to see how that team performs as a whole.

Zotis

Wow... yeah I guess the ninja just wanted to wake up the priest... dang.

Zotis

I can't watch it TrueLight because it's Private.

TrueLight

Thanks for letting me know, it should be viewable now.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zotis

Yeah, now it's viewable.  Good job Otabo, dang that Balance!

Otabo

Quote from: Zotis on November 11, 2013, 09:07:25 pm
Yeah, now it's viewable.  Good job Otabo, dang that Balance!

Thanks. It actually could have went either way; if your ninjas went for the paladins while the monks were down after they both went, you probably would have taken it.

If anything, blame Phoenix Blade & Cursed Ring, two of the stupidest things in Arena right now.  :|

Zotis

November 11, 2013, 09:37:33 pm #2495 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:23:18 pm by Zotis
Yeah, pheonix blade on a fast unit is OP.   :cool:  (Edit: Well, 10 speed.  And 13 speed cursed ring monks.)

I finally figured out those tons!  My team worked more or less as planned....

Edit: I can't believe those turn-arounds.  Twice I thought I was about to win...

Malroth

If that Oracle was running Wizard mantle or Cherche instead of Salty rage you would have won.

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on November 11, 2013, 07:59:57 pm
Only 1 round, but it's something!

FFT Arena 1.38D - Otabo (Last Hurrah) vs. Zotis (Assassination Attempt)

Wow that was epic.  Agreed with Malroth.  The Salty Rage is an interesting but ultimately less than efficient choice for the Oracle.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

I loved how the salty rage worked though.  I'd have to see a couple more battles before considering switching it.

I think I could have won though, I'd like a rematch!   :P