• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:36:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Code Requests

Started by AvengerXP, July 07, 2010, 06:47:45 pm

AvengerXP

July 07, 2010, 06:47:45 pm Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:40:10 pm by AvengerXP
Hi. Just wanted to know if someone already worked or could work on the following:

- Short Charge reduces cast time to 25% (from 50%). 33% would also be good, all good round integer dividers.
- Zodiac Modifier reduced to half initial values:
 - Worst 25% (+1/4)
  - Bad 12.5% (+1/8)
  - Good 12.5% (+1/8)
  - Best 25%
(+1/4)
- Soldier Office recruits at Ramza level,
  cost adjusted to 1500+SoldierLevel*100
- Draw Out skill set abilities never use up Katanas (no breaking) whatever the formula
- Monsters use MP like all other people
- Assign Serpentarius to Altima in both its incarnations to make the final confrontation zodiac-neutral.
- Allow S.EV to gun fire (currenty unevadable)
- Allow half of Evade into Magical Evade for Monsters (only)
- Allow Charging characters to Evade using their full parameters, just like performing, instead of being hit at 100% accuracy.

I'm also curious how I could prevent % based abilities from damaging bosses the same way they do on other units. Life Draining a Zodiac Boss yields a high value of damage and HP that ignores Elemental Resistances (Formula 10).

Just curious. I'd even PayPal someone a tip for some work. How hard are those to implement? I know the soldier cost might be tricky, I have no idea if the Soldier Level is feasible at all. Zodiac Compat mulitplier is probably easy but then again I'm talking through this giant hat I have here.

Thanks in Advance,

Avenger

Samuraiblackbelt

I think someone was doing something about the zodiac modifier at one point, it may have just been speculation, I don't remember for sure.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

karsten

that part of the soldier shop would be lovely for some reviveless/reraise/PDless games :)

AvengerXP

Edited my wishlist, hoping someone will get inspired

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote- Draw Out skill set abilities never use up Katanas (no breaking) whatever the formula
- Assign Serpentarius to Altima in both its incarnations to make the final confrontation zodiac-neutral.
these are all easily possible through the patcher.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

AvengerXP

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
Quote- Draw Out skill set abilities never use up Katanas (no breaking) whatever the formula
these are all easily possible through the patcher.

Setting anything other than Katana formulas does not remove Katana breakage. Even hacking Katana break chances and putting 0 to all of them does not remove it. The game will not warn you but it will break the appropriate katana from your inventory.

Putting Unknown/Unknown to Altima does not make her/him/it a Serpentarius. You would have to give him Elidib's class but then he would also get the same abilities. Putting the same parameters Elidibs has makes Altima a Gemini if i recall correctly (you have to remove the ??? parameter or you cannot see in game when examining).

Monsters will obey the MP cost of spells if they don't have enough MaxMP to cover a spell cost, but they will not use up MP when they cast spells. A Skeleton with 1 MP and all Soul spells costing 2 would prevent a Skeleton from casting at all. Putting MaxMP at 2 would allow the Skeleton to cast at will during combat until it somehow losed its MP (break, etc.) then it would stop doing so. Monsters who counter magic do however pay the MP cost however i don't know if it fails if they have not enough MP.

If i'm wrong, I would love to tell me what parameters to change in order to do so.

Edit: Added gun dodge to wishlist

FFMaster

Quote from: "Razele"Katana's chance to break

SCUS_942.21
0x543EC = Asura
0x543F4 = Koutetsu
0x543FC = Bizen Boat
0x54404 = Murasame
0x5440C = Heaven's Cloud
0x54414 = Kiyomori
0x5441C = Muramasa
0x54424 = Kikuichimoji
0x5442C = Masamune
0x54434 = Chirijiraden

You need to try looking harder. This is at the top of the topic lists.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Vanya

Changing these to 0 also gives all katana a WP of 0.
What needs to be done is to find the code that reads these values when calculating katana damage and change it.
¯\(°_0)/¯

AvengerXP

Quote from: "FFMaster"
Quote from: "Razele"Katana's chance to break

SCUS_942.21
0x543EC = Asura
0x543F4 = Koutetsu
0x543FC = Bizen Boat
0x54404 = Murasame
0x5440C = Heaven's Cloud
0x54414 = Kiyomori
0x5441C = Muramasa
0x54424 = Kikuichimoji
0x5442C = Masamune
0x54434 = Chirijiraden

You need to try looking harder. This is at the top of the topic lists.

I did do this, simply changing these values has almost no effect and particularly undesirable ones like Vanya said. I will have to revert them back.

Also, leave your attitude at the door, please.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Like Vanya said, a Katanas WP is it's chance to break.

Something I thought about while looking at Zodiac's tutorial - which is awesome, by the way...
Is there a specific chunk of code which will be the same for, say, every formula which affects HP?

Vanya

Possibly. It does seem like a lot of the code for the formula is shared.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

August 12, 2010, 04:58:34 pm #11 Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:46:16 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Busy night.

Added the following on Friday, August 13, 2010:
"One hit in BATTLE.BIN:  0x11f698.

In RAM, same offset is: 0x186698.  Replaced 0x2e with 0x2a, and Oracle's Spell Absorb still damaged MP, but it's % of damage took into account the target's Max HP instead of target's Max MP.

Searching for Faith
26 00 43 94

2 hits

First hit at 0x10e5f4  (probably nothing)

Second hit at 0x124140"

AvengerXP

Nice finds! I'm sure someone will put that to good use (if you aren't already)

Vanya

Interesting stuff. This game really needs to have a ROM map done for it.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

What I really need is a tool that lets you view assembly just like a hex editor.

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/692/
^Like this?

Vanya

Maybe try googling MIPS disassembler.
Wait, don't the tools in pSX show the disassembled code as its running?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Yes, they do, but you can't search them as you would a hex editor or a text file.  I tried to get pSX to dump a disassembly from 0x00000000 to 0xffffffff, and my computer had a seizure.  That is what I want, because then I could search "0x002e" or whatever and find every instance where 0x002e is used in assembly, instead of every instance of 2e00 in a hex editor.  I'm not sure if I'm saying it right.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

.... If you wanna make a dissassembly dump, start at 0x0 and end at 0x200000

Remember the PSX only has 2mb RAM, pSX is just too stupid to truncate the value you input.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful