• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:18:19 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Personally I think Makai Kingdom's Prinny fits way better, shading and all. This one has a hihglight on the wrong side.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Good news. I have finished Hector. Unfortunatly, cause red cape was what you wished to have on him, I had to mix hair and armor colors, and now I cannot figure out how to palette him so it looks properly. Hopefully Mav will help me on this part. For now here is the BMP with first and primary palette:

GeneralStrife

He looks badass, but does he wear a red cape? Doesn't match, so I thought it was strange.

Author

He wears a blue cape in every sprite except the concept art. I have no idea why, to be quite honest.

Before Promotion:

Promoted:

Kagebunji

On his original art Hector wears red cape:

His cape is blue on his GBA sprites most probably cause of palette limitations.

mav

Sweet, I'll try and create some palettes for him. Just so we're on the same page though, the first palette is fine, right? You don't want me to modify that, just give him additional palettes?

Kagebunji

Yeah, first one is all good. I just need the four other ones in case people want him as a generic.

Cheetah

This sprite turned out very well. Nice improvements over your original design. I'm looking forward to alternate palettes though, I always prefer these with more natural tones (aka no blue hair) haha.
Current Projects:

Zozma

thats a great version of hector, and even though i like your color selection for the hair, shouldnt it be a lot deeper and closer to a purple hue then a green/aqua?

it looks really good. but when i first saw your portrait i wouldnt have guessed hector solely because of the hair color.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Yeah, it should be darker, but I avoid using dark colors usually, many things blend and shit. Maybe Mav will have something similiar on his palettes, but I do not quarantee it.

Kagebunji

Mav, how are the palettes coming? If you need ideas etc. make sure to post here.

Anyway, I started to work on Cyan, and I took Darkholme's portrait. I wonder about that strand of hair though. Should I leave it or erase it? It won't be visible at the sprite at all. Thanks to Twinees for base concept idea(and for future fixes yet to come, haha). Here it is(this is without fixes):

And the portraits:

RandMuadDib

i say it adds a little panache to the portrait, you should keep it. The sprite doesnt need it.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

I remember that port, it's not bad, should work well.
For the sprite....the mustache looks too low on both diagonals. Looks like a goatee instead of his stache. Maybe it's just me though.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: GeneralStrife on July 14, 2011, 04:51:06 pm
For the sprite....the mustache looks too low on both diagonals. Looks like a goatee instead of his stache. Maybe it's just me though.

Aye
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kagebunji

Nay. There is not enough space. Making it similiar to Draclau or Goltana is too big, and will make it look bad. This moustache is perfect size. Cyan's moustache is nearly identical to Gaffgarion's, and they are almost the same on the sprite.

GeneralStrife

Okay. I agree he doesn't need to look like a fat noble.

Lijj

I like the portrait with the little strands of hair poking up more out of the two. I like the sprite, more colorful than FFVI's version, but a good design. I rearranged some pixels in the mustache a little bit:
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

Oh, HELL'S YES!
  This is a sprite I have thought about a couple times.  Cyan is my favorite character from ff6.  While his actual battle prowess is low tier compared to most of the rest, he is one honorable badass!
  My memory could be off, but I seem to recall his body armor being a dark blue/gray.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I didn't use his sprite from FF6 as a ref. Twinees proposed the one he did, and it looks great as you can see. Gray and dark blue would clash a lot, I assume, both are dark colors after all.