• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:13:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Takeno's attempt for spriting

Started by Takeno, April 15, 2012, 03:08:53 pm

Kagebunji

Yeah, I've been there, and all this arm work was just too much, I didn't feel like doing it. I'm glad Choto took it up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

I tried making custom arms once.

The sprite was never finished.

Never again, lol :P
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Takeno

Sorry, I worked on it a bit. It was a bit harder than I first thought.

See first post.

Choto

ohhhhh custom arms aren't so bad :P Actually in case anybody ever wants to try them, I think what would help is picking a sprite where the hands are similar to what you want, and recolor them. Then just fill in the arm part of it. Saves a bit of work.

Takeno

Now I know why custom arms are a pain. Because of the shoulder pads, some works needed to be done on the arms. Sadly, I wasn't skilled enough to do it. So I kept the original arms.

Choto

Yeah i lied... they do suck X_X

its not so much difficult, just very tedious... especially when you somehow lose an hour or two of work :'(

It is a good learning experience though, because you discover different techniques for representing depth or color.

Takeno

Urgh I know what you mean Choto but shading isn't my forte T_T

I decided to redo the whole spredsheet of gilgamesh armor. First, I recolored the sprite of mercenary Ramza in golden.
Then mix the torso and arms parts of ramza with the bottom of Delita.

For those who want the recolored Ramza.